Car Help Vol. Wheel Bearing? (vid)

I had this car for almost 2 years now, and it just started making this noise as I drive. It doesn't do it all the time, but it gets annoying, very fast. Do I just need to replace my breaks? Some people said it might be my wheel bearing, but it sounds different from youtube video's I have looked up.

I had this car for almost 2 years now, and it just started making this noise as I drive. It doesn't do it all the time, but it gets annoying, very fast. Do I just need to replace my breaks? Some people said it might be my wheel bearing, but it sounds different from youtube video's I have looked up.

throw the wheel back on and see if there is play in it when you shake it.  does the sound stop when you take corners hard?  i'd say it's your wheel bearing. 

throw the wheel back on and see if there is play in it when you shake it.  does the sound stop when you take corners hard?  i'd say it's your wheel bearing. 

Originally Posted by Dunks206

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

.....take it to a mechanic

I did, they said it might be my rotor, but they are perfectly fine.
Take it to a different mechanic for a second opinion.
How do you know when your rotors are in perfect condition, but can't determine the noise you're hearing?

Originally Posted by Dunks206

.....take it to a mechanic

I did, they said it might be my rotor, but they are perfectly fine.
How do you know when your rotors are in perfect condition, but can't determine the noise you're hearing?

Could be that the dust shield is bent and rubbing against the rotor or the clip that holds the brake pad evenly on the rotor.

Could be that the dust shield is bent and rubbing against the rotor or the clip that holds the brake pad evenly on the rotor.

Originally Posted by knockboot36

x2 check this out first.  it happens alot.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

throw the wheel back on and see if there is play in it when you shake it. does the sound stop when you take corners hard? i'd say it's your wheel bearing.

I put it back on, and no shaking, and the car does make the noise still when I take sharp corners.

Will do. I don't really know if they are in "perfect condition", but I will check with another mechanic.

I'll check this out too. I googled "dust shield", and this guy has the same car as me and is having the same problem. http://www.8thcivic.com/f...pension-please-help.html
It sounds like metal rubbing against metal when I drive...

throw the wheel back on and see if there is play in it when you shake it. does the sound stop when you take corners hard? i'd say it's your wheel bearing.

I put it back on, and no shaking, and the car does make the noise still when I take sharp corners.

Will do. I don't really know if they are in "perfect condition", but I will check with another mechanic.

I'll check this out too. I googled "dust shield", and this guy has the same car as me and is having the same problem. http://www.8thcivic.com/f...pension-please-help.html
It sounds like metal rubbing against metal when I drive...

Back
Top Bottom