Caribbean Foods 'Nuff Respect (Appreciation). I need a nap.

wow. This stuff looks like the food my mom cooks.
Jamaican patties
pimp.gif

Ackee, saltfish, breadfruit and Bami 2 Di World wit a cold bottle of roots or magnum. Straight yayo in food form stuff certain to mek you feel like you gonetek ova the world!!!!

yo rotis are the business..
the joint Ferozas in the Bronx on gunhill be having lines for day..roti+dumplins+Ting
laugh.gif
=win

A question I ALWAYS wanted answered. Why is it called Cocoa Bread? It tastes like a damn regular roll to me

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Idk son Trini KFC got that piff green hot sauce, I cant front on that, but everybody had me hyped for it and I personally prefer the US version myself

Word.
Its takes like they sprinkled sugar and crack on it.

Im effin done LOLOLOL

Trini KFC > *

Jamaican/Trini Chinese food....
eek.gif

That trini KFC really is the $**%, way better than the kfc's up here. That's one in downtown port of spain, right? I swear every time I go down tovisit my fam in trinidad I put on some weight because of all the curry, roti (patraj
pimp.gif
), doubles (fire), some good callaloo and just that west indian foodman. For some reason though I never really liked oxtail much. Anyone know some good caribbean spots in south florida? I only go to that roti spot on 156th andalso jamaica kitchen.

My mom, me and my sis had our own carribean restuarant out in Freeport Long Island in the late 90's...We had some of the best jamaican, guyanese andbarbadian cooks...Great staff and good people to work with.

Damn I miss eating Jerk Chicken everyday...wish our restaurant didn't go outta business.

OH man, I could go for some good Oxtail right about now! About to pass out thinking about it............

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

459330976_1b53a8ee76_m.jpg

w7ncqr.jpg

3553380382_5300aea1c6_o.jpg

sorrel2.jpg

kfctrinidad.jpg

Trini KFC > *

Jamaican/Trini Chinese food....
eek.gif

This man speaks the TRUTH!!!

TRINI MASSIVE!!!

Can't tell if that is the KFC in Chaguanas or Port-of-Spain.

Heard the one in Port-of-Spain is 24hours and is one of the busiest KFCs in the world.

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

Haven't explored too much into Caribbean food
But I enjoy this...
Coco_bread_wrapped_beef_patty.jpg

what is that?.. carbs stuffed w/carbs?...lol j/k i aint no health freakk.. but really wat is that?

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

Haven't explored too much into Caribbean food
But I enjoy this...
Coco_bread_wrapped_beef_patty.jpg
My friend swears by Jamaican patties with coco bread. I haven't tried it with the bread but I definitely wanna give it a shot. Jamaicanpatties by themselves are crack

My mom used to buy a box of them from Costco. When I came home from college one summer, there were some in the freezer. I just started to really read thenutrition facts and becoming conscious of what I eat, then I learned that one pattie has 50% of your DV of saturated fat.

I was like dammmnnnnnn!

...Then I ate two lol

Tamarind balls, mithai, coconut rolls (w/ the pink dyed coconut), black cake at christmas (eating a slice right now), mousse, baked custard with bananas...

West Indies have dessert on lock too.

Back
Top Bottom