Casual drinking in the house: beer glass or bottle/can?

original question: i would like to drink out of a glass whenever possibly. i can taste the beer better and it flows better down the garganta. for some reason bottles/cans slow me down.

for cheap beer: nothing can hold any light to tecate. whether making a chelada with lime and salt or by itself, it is simply the best and brings me back to my childhood.
I do not touch corona,any budweizer,coors,miller or any other macro brew besides tecate they're all piss.

i try to keep it local as much as possible. if anyone comes to Alburquerque, go to marble brewery good solid brew. recently tried a monk ale from Pecos, NM and was very suprised.

I enjoy stella and dos XX ambar on a regular basis they're reasonably priced and readily available.

delirium tremens is nice

if i have money i'll get some chimay or duvel and think i'm a snob for a while then pound some tecate to ground myself.

all of this is when i'm not drinking fernet con coca or some red wine

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Originally Posted by bonde111

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

with all the bickering going on in this thread, I think a lot of people missed a great point that bonde111 made.

by no means am i a beer snob as i still enjoy crushing a case of bud light on the golf course (cans or bottles it dont matter).  but if i am drinking something with a bit more flavor, i will usually pour it into a proper glass.  a solid IPA for instance is much better suited for drinking out of a glass as it really does affect the flavor of the beer.

offtopic (kinda) - for those saying that RR, Stone, Dogfishhead are terrible, can you point me in the right direction of what is good?  I'm always looking to branch out and try new IPA's.  Heading up to Sonoma, CA for a few days to take the wife wine tasting, and I definitely plan on hitting up the RR Brewery and drink copious amounts of Pliny the Elder.

@RufioRufioRufio--All of those breweries listed make some pretty highly rated beers. Yes Rogue has a lot of hit and misses(I've drank most of what they both offer), and New Belgium is the same for that matter. Dogfish I've only personally tasted their 90 min IPA, and have some Burton Baton that was just delivered to me 2 days ago that I need to try. Can't knock DFH for being very experimental with what they are doing. Mixed reviews on their stuff on BA, but they get a lot of respect for how they run their business, and sheer creativity.

And@your comment about real men drink Bourbon....Please....I really enjoy some Bourbon now and then, but I much prefer Scotch Whiskey, but I'm not going to be ignorant and say you aren't a man if you don't drink Bourbon....I'd be curious as to what your list consists of for beers. I'm not trying to hate on you either, and maybe you were just being funny with your Bourbon comment. just wanting to have a good convo on a topic I love
happy.gif

you see NT, this is an example of a person keepin' it real. my man responds to me w.o. insult and actually brings his valid opinion to the table.
and btw the bourbon was a charlie sheen reference.  

I am very biased about beer because I usually stick to dark and stout. IPA is good too. What are your favourites from rogue?  Despite their many misses, they are my fav

I love anything coffee or chocolate. lol am i a "dessert" beer guy?

But in terms of earlier comments I wont knock a man either on his preferences; the only thing I will ever knock a man on in terms of alcohol are the following:

1) drinking and driving

2) chasing shots (treat your shots like women...never chase them)

3) sexy drinks...
I never try to insult someone directly unless they are plain acting like a idiot, and deserve it.

My favorites from Rogue are: Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Dry Hopped St. Rogue Red, John John Dead Guy aged in Whiskey Barrels(The best they make is this stuff, and a must try) John John Hazelnut was really really good on tap 2 weeks ago, first time I've never had it at all, Yellow Snow IPA, and Double Dead Guy. I have in my basement cellar: Northwestern Ale, Double Chocolate Stout, Double Mocha, Morimoto Imp. Pils, Mogul Madness, that I have yet to try, plus a couple others just chilling in the collection off the favs list.

If you love Chocolate, did you try Boulevard's Smokestack Chocolate Ale from this year? Outstanding if you love a great chocolatey beer. I plan on getting 4-5 750ml bottles when it comes out in Feb, they actually just bottled it yesterday. Coffee wise, the most enjoyable Coffee beer that I've had is Surly Coffee Bender. They got it right on the money with it. Bell's Java stout was ok, and Fuel cafe was Meh.

Those are all valid points on when someone should be clowned on. I must say I just cringe when I see people my age and older just drinking the cheap crappy stuff i.e. Natty light, Keystone, Busch lite. Sure I suppose they have their place for the high school/college kid on a budget, but even then that's just to get hammered. Also I say I'd much rather have a Budweiser tho on a hot day while outside doing some sort of activity rather than a heavy stout. Be the only time I'd drink a Budweiser, and it would have to be either given to me, or they have absolutely nothing else and I need a slight buzz, hahaha.

Had a Goose Island BCBS 2011 last night and my god was it amazing!! First time with a BCBS. Blew my mind.

With that I'm going to go try me a Founders Backwoods Bastard for the first time. Cheers!!

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Stella glass with Stella.

this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Was so feen for a stella glass I just walked out the burger spot with it. What makes it worse was I went shopping the next day and seen them in the store
30t6p3b.gif

Also been messing with new castle lately

@RufioRufioRufio--All of those breweries listed make some pretty highly rated beers. Yes Rogue has a lot of hit and misses(I've drank most of what they both offer), and New Belgium is the same for that matter. Dogfish I've only personally tasted their 90 min IPA, and have some Burton Baton that was just delivered to me 2 days ago that I need to try. Can't knock DFH for being very experimental with what they are doing. Mixed reviews on their stuff on BA, but they get a lot of respect for how they run their business, and sheer creativity.

And@your comment about real men drink Bourbon....Please....I really enjoy some Bourbon now and then, but I much prefer Scotch Whiskey, but I'm not going to be ignorant and say you aren't a man if you don't drink Bourbon....I'd be curious as to what your list consists of for beers. I'm not trying to hate on you either, and maybe you were just being funny with your Bourbon comment. just wanting to have a good convo on a topic I love
happy.gif

you see NT, this is an example of a person keepin' it real. my man responds to me w.o. insult and actually brings his valid opinion to the table.

I am very biased about beer because I usually stick to dark and stout. IPA is good too. What are your favourites from rogue?  Despite their many misses, they are my fav

But in terms of earlier comments I wont knock a man either on his preferences; the only thing I will ever knock a man on in terms of alcohol are the following:

1) drinking and driving

3) sexy drinks...

If you love Chocolate, did you try Boulevard's Smokestack Chocolate Ale from this year? Outstanding if you love a great chocolatey beer. I plan on getting 4-5 750ml bottles when it comes out in Feb, they actually just bottled it yesterday. Coffee wise, the most enjoyable Coffee beer that I've had is Surly Coffee Bender. They got it right on the money with it. Bell's Java stout was ok, and Fuel cafe was Meh.
Oh dear god my body is ready. unfortunately i'm on an alcohol hiatus until mid january. I will take your suggestions and report back.
thanks.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but aren't bottles made of glass??
Anyways I prefer bottles but will drink out of cans as well don't really care.

1) drinking and driving

3) sexy drinks...

Oh dear god my body is ready. unfortunately i'm on an alcohol hiatus until mid january. I will take your suggestions and report back.
thanks.

If you have access to Rogue (love hitting up their downtown brewery) you should check out Columbia River Brewery's Nictophobia.  Great, great coffee based beer and hell I don't even drink coffee.

I currently drink out the bottle while at the house. I'm in the beginning stages of buying glassware to compliant all the styles of beer I enjoy.

happy.gif

1) drinking and driving

3) sexy drinks...
I never try to insult someone directly unless they are plain acting like a idiot, and deserve it.

My favorites from Rogue are: Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Dry Hopped St. Rogue Red, John John Dead Guy aged in Whiskey Barrels(The best they make is this stuff, and a must try) John John Hazelnut was really really good on tap 2 weeks ago, first time I've never had it at all, Yellow Snow IPA, and Double Dead Guy. I have in my basement cellar: Northwestern Ale, Double Chocolate Stout, Double Mocha, Morimoto Imp. Pils, Mogul Madness, that I have yet to try, plus a couple others just chilling in the collection off the favs list.

Those are all valid points on when someone should be clowned on. I must say I just cringe when I see people my age and older just drinking the cheap crappy stuff i.e. Natty light, Keystone, Busch lite. Sure I suppose they have their place for the high school/college kid on a budget, but even then that's just to get hammered. Also I say I'd much rather have a Budweiser tho on a hot day while outside doing some sort of activity rather than a heavy stout. Be the only time I'd drink a Budweiser, and it would have to be either given to me, or they have absolutely nothing else and I need a slight buzz, hahaha.

Had a Goose Island BCBS 2011 last night and my god was it amazing!! First time with a BCBS. Blew my mind.

With that I'm going to go try me a Founders Backwoods Bastard for the first time. Cheers!!
It sounds like you have some nice breweries around your area. I consider myself an amateur beer drinker so I relay heavily on what my local bar offer (which is extensive). Currently my favorite beers I can only get from the brewery are Surprise Attack and Aces of Ates by Big Boss Brewery.  Also had Terripian So Fresh and So Green and as an IPA lover, I thought it was great. I had the Dog Fish 90 IPA about a year ago for the first time and remembering enjoying it.  One of the first non-commercial beers I had.  Got me interested into micro/macro breweries.  Rufio or anybody in the thread, how you all had the pleasure of having a cask beer? I've only experienced one and I still have not been able to match that taste!

Back
Top Bottom