Cavs fire Mike Brown

Good riddance.

2z51uu8.jpg

although we can all agree the Cavs hasn't gotten any legit help for LBJ, this firing shouldn't be a surprise at all.

now the next question is who will coach this team.

My question is, is there actually a better coach out there right now?

No coach worth his salt will make a decision before LeBron makes his. By then, most of the good ones will have taken gigs already. I just don't see anyone out there who is a no-doubt upgrade over Mike Brown. Now, not only may your No. 1 guy be bolting, but you have to establish a whole new foundation and identity as well.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

The Cavaliers had a midnight deadline on Sunday to fire the coach or pay him his full $4.5 million salary for next season

Guess it was West Coast time
laugh.gif

roll.gif

in all seriousness, i dont know who you get to coach the team........i'll bet mike brown will find a job quicker than the cavs find a new coach.................

Not close to being a cavs fan but anyone who didn't see this move coming is oblivious. Mike brown was not the coach of that team, we all know Lebron was the player/coach of that team. I'm sure he'll get scooped up quick by another team in need of a head coach, if not then he'll go back to being an assistant.

Guess it was West Coast time
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I'm just going to pretend that whole deadline didn't exist, along with the fact that they probably had a meeting set up, and imagine that Mike Brown was sound asleep and got a conference call from Danny Ferry and Dan Gilbert at 2:12AM. Way funnier.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How you get fired at 2AM?

Has to be to beat the 10 day cutoff, although by my math it;s still too late unless they are only counting business days. But basically Mike Brown has a clause in his contract that says if they fire him within 10 days of season's end, they only have to pay him 1/2 of his remaining contract. Game 6 was on the 14th, so I guess they have to beat the 24th (today) which officially begins at 8AM or whenever NBA offices open

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

the beginning of the end for the Cavs
laugh.gif

brown got fired then lebron might leave. plus that alleged gloria-delonte affair. what's gonna happen to the cavs?
smh.gif

In all fairness to MB, I don't think he's a bad coach...but he definitely has one of, it not the toughest job in the NBA. He has to win and at the same time "please the King"
frown.gif

His defensive schemes are on point, and he may not be a bad offensive coach either but if MB calls a play and Lebron "overrules" it, what is he going to do?

I'm sure he'll get another opportunity in the NBA real soon.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

the beginning of the end for the Cavs
laugh.gif

brown got fired then lebron might leave. plus that alleged gloria-delonte affair. what's gonna happen to the cavs?
smh.gif

roll.gif
its wild in Cleveland. Lebron might as well get out and dodge. who woulda thought all this would be going down.

Im sure its more wild stuff that is about to happen.

what would really be funny is if the cavs thought the deadline was 12 a.m. PST, but it was EST, and they had to pay him the 4.5 million

Back
Top Bottom