Cd Sales 12-15-09 Vol. Gucci 89k Chris Brown 103k

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

And yeah Bom, if he pushes that Keyshia single I'm positive his sales will pick up. It seems like the label is trying to reach his trap demographic by releasing some of his darker songs. I remember from seeing the single release dates in the other posts and the latest one was "Worst Enemy," which still doesn't have a video out yet. It's actually one of my favorite tracks, but all the trap +%##%! that were going to support Radric probably did it by now. I'm hoping the young crowd takes to "Lemonade." If they drop that Keyshia track, dude might mess around and get to about 200,000...
nerd.gif
The Worst Enemy video been dropped
Word? Let me go check YouTube for it...

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Damn, so which rap artists are immune to this wretched state? 50 used to be, but he's fallen off those ranks. If your name isn't Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem, or T.I., God help you.
Game and Jeezy will move units (over 500k for sure total).

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I thought Gucci would honestly do at least 300,000.
smh.gif

People honestly don't support even their favorite artists these days.

eek.gif
You N's live in fantasy worlds

These bird +#* NT dudes all through the Gucci thread talkin out they ({}) ...

Talmbout Gucci gonna do 300K first week easy.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Damn, so which rap artists are immune to this wretched state? 50 used to be, but he's fallen off those ranks. If your name isn't Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem, or T.I., God help you.

I doubt it.

Originally Posted by solesavage

I doubt it.

I would actually agree with dude, Game and Jeezy will also do numbers, I dont know if 500k is a for sure, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

I doubt it.

I would actually agree with dude, Game Jeezy will also do numbers, I dont know if 500k is a for sure, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

smh.gif

eek.gif

I suppose somebody's a Jeezy fan...
laugh.gif

Damn, when I saw Boyle's number I had to check the title to see if I was looking at last weeks' numbers.

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

I doubt it.

I would actually agree with dude, Game Jeezy will also do numbers, I dont know if 500k is a for sure, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

lol thank you for correcing him AIRFORCE416.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

one more thing....

where's "50 Cent"????????
nerd.gif

DUECEKING is going to manslaughter HARLEMONTHERISE when he comes into this thread
roll.gif

50 Cent has been "Terminated On Sight"
roll.gif

Snoop Dogg's numbers are actually good. He did almost three times as much as The Clipse. big ups to Snoop! 61,000 is alright
smile.gif

ok...my fault.. two times as much.

Boyle the top dog in the industry right now. Time for labels just to stop releasing rap albums. It's a waste of money because their not recouping.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Alright honestly, WHO is buying all those Susan Boyle albums? Is she played on the radio? does she even have a video? Aren't all the songs on the album remakes?

what the hell am I missing?

Rap music is getting no push whatsoever from labels anymore
smh.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif

roll.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

It's funny how I see these numbers from Gucci and Chris Brown, but when Loso sold 99k the first week, people said he "flopped."

and 50 did 150160K (w/ an extra week in digital sales) and people said his career is over
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Fixed but dont worry Nay

2cxuhw8.jpg

jay-z1.jpg

Did people really think clipse was going to do numbers tho?

And I'm need to read the couple of gucci vs Jezzy threads that was made over the summer to get a good laugh over the number of albums yall thought he wasgoing to do

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

don't see how Chris Brown flopped, that's a look for him considering all the negativity towards him.
Word. And I don't care what anyone says. Outside of maybe a handfull of albums hip hop flopped hard this year. (and yes, 50 did too)

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

It's funny how I see these numbers from Gucci and Chris Brown, but when Loso sold 99k the first week, people said he "flopped."
How many times i gotta tell you, he been in the game for 10 years
laugh.gif
. He DID flop. He supposed to be doing 200k-300k+ out the gate EASY. He struggled even doing that 98K to be exact.He didnt even break 100k. Chris Brownhas a reason for not going how he was supposed to and Gucci just now getting his buzz up. Still damn near outsold Loso easily and he's locked up to notpromote.

smh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif
I laugh at them, they equate street/hood buzz tomainstream buzz... tho I will say I thought Gucci would do atleast 150K 1st week. Thats what happens when your fanbase is street ----as. This is the equivalentof The Saints going 16-0 and not making it to the Superbowl... only person that had a bigger yr was Drake. Gucci just needs to learn how Jeezy did it... stillattract street audience with a lil drop of mainstream. From a A&R standpoint I actually think dropping the album so close to Xmas was a bad idea especiallywith that album cover.. people [white people] unfamiliar with Gucci can see from his cover [in jumpsuit] what content will be like.. might have been moresuccessful any other time of the year except Xmas. Xmas period is usually successful for softer tone albums.. but hey what do I know.

Jeezy won
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

smh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif
I laugh at them, they equate street/hood buzz to mainstream buzz... tho I will say I thought Gucci would do atleast 150K 1st week. Thats what happens when your fanbase is street ----as. This is the equivalent of The Saints going 16-0 and not making it to the Superbowl... only person that had a bigger yr was Drake. Gucci just needs to learn how Jeezy did it... still attract street audience with a lil drop of mainstream. From a A&R standpoint I actually think dropping the album so close to Xmas was a bad idea especially with that album cover.. people [white people] unfamiliar with Gucci can see from his cover [in jumpsuit] what content will be like.. might have been more successful any other time of the year except Xmas. Xmas period is usually successful for softer tone albums.. but hey what do I know.

Jeezy won
laugh.gif
Co-Sign

How much did Jeezy do his 1st mainstream album? aint it go platinum?

Back
Top Bottom