Cd Sales 12-15-09 Vol. Gucci 89k Chris Brown 103k

Well I bought the Clipse album, which I like. Hopefully they get to 100K, but it aint looking to good. I don't think Robin Thicke's numbers next weekare going to be too good either, hopefully that's not the case. As far as 50 Cent is concerned he should take this advice from Vol. 2.................

"And then what do you do, when you can't borrow another dollar from the label, you can't sell another single in the stores, you light amatch....................you blow the joint"

Damn 50
tired.gif

laugh.gif

Not just the hood listens to Gucci though. He didn't have Carter 3 type buzz, but the way so many folks ride him...

I'm not a fan of his myself, and didn't purchase it, but regardless, y'all know damn well those some fugazi numbers .

Snoop pushing 61k aint a bad look, if the album released first week of 2010 numbers prolly would have been around 100k since "I wanna rock" isblowing up hard and everyone seems to be jumping on it right now. If he had a trey songs and/or drake track he would have done jada numbers.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

It's funny how I see these numbers from Gucci and Chris Brown, but when Loso sold 99k the first week, people said he "flopped."
How many times i gotta tell you, he been in the game for 10 years
laugh.gif
. He DID flop. He supposed to be doing 200k-300k+ out the gate EASY. He struggled even doing that 98K to be exact.He didnt even break 100k. Chris Brown has a reason for not going how he was supposed to and Gucci just now getting his buzz up. Still damn near outsold Loso easily and he's locked up to not promote.

Fam their are only 5 rappers doing that 200k-300k # Hov(Face of Hip Hop), Eminem(Another Face Of Hip Hop), Ye( a pop culture icon), Weezy(pop culture icon) andTip(one of the most complete rappers in the game now) after that group everyone else is debuting with 100-150k in sales first week so how is fab flopping ifeveryone around him is doing the same numbers. He was never in a dominating sales position in Hip hop like say a 50 Cent, so when someone of his stature does98k it isnt surprising because it's expected

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

It's funny how I see these numbers from Gucci and Chris Brown, but when Loso sold 99k the first week, people said he "flopped."
laugh.gif
. He DID flop. He supposed to be doing 200k-300k+ out the gate EASY. He struggled even doing that 98K to be exact.He didnt even break 100k. Chris Brown has a reason for not going how he was supposed to and Gucci just now getting his buzz up. Still damn near outsold Loso easily and he's locked up to not promote.

Fam their are only 5 rappers doing that 200k-300k # Hov(Face of Hip Hop), Eminem(Another Face Of Hip Hop), Ye( a pop culture icon), Weezy(pop culture icon) and Tip(one of the most complete rappers in the game now) after that group everyone else is debuting with 100-150k in sales first week so how is fab flopping if everyone around him is doing the same numbers. He was never in a dominating sales position in Hip hop like say a 50 Cent, so when someone of his stature does 98k it isnt surprising because it's expected

QFT. I didn't expect the clipse to do numbers really. This is just how the state of hip is going to be from now on as far as numbers go because i promiseyou everybody knows how to get an cd for free or they know someone who will. Most people see no point in dropping 10$ for a cd, bad investment when you can getit for free.

Taylor Swift been moving nothing less than 100,000 units for the last 2 months.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Fam their are only 5 rappers doing that 200k-300k # Hov(Face of Hip Hop), Eminem(Another Face Of Hip Hop), Ye( a pop culture icon), Weezy(pop culture icon) and Tip(one of the most complete rappers in the game now) after that group everyone else is debuting with 100-150k in sales first week so how is fab flopping if everyone around him is doing the same numbers. He was never in a dominating sales position in Hip hop like say a 50 Cent, so when someone of his stature does 98k it isnt surprising because it's expected
You tell me what his other albums sold and ill tell you that __ flopped with the promo and all that he put in. He went gold and platinum all theother times EXCEPT for FNTS i believe. That one flopped too. He has digressed with sales, I bet his next don't even break 90k (quote me on that). Stopgiving excuses for him. Dudes around him are not doing the same numbers. How long Rick Ross been out? Way shorter than Fab yet he sold more than him in aneconomy like this where nobody is copping albums. How long all the others you mentioned been around ? The same amount of time yet he going 98k
roll.gif
(I like Fabolous btw but lets be real). Jada had half his promotion, a singlewith Neyo that flopped and the __ didn't even have a 1st single that NOBODY remembers and yet still sold more than Fab
laugh.gif
(who also made a song with Dream called "Throw It In The Bag"). Iain't gonna get into this Fabolous flopping thing yet again
laugh.gif

Snoop numbers are going to increase.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

and 50 did 150K and people said his career is over
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Gotta agree.

Dudes is pretty much silent on that whole thing right there now.

As far as the remaining "untouchables", TIP is definitely next on the endangered list followed by Hov.

Ye, Em, and Wayne don't have anything to worry about just yet.

And yeah, I don't know who the hell really thought Gucci was gonna sell. No offense to Gooch or his fans.

Why are %#$$!+ still saying Gucci lost? At the end of the day, dude still has his integrity intact, no matter what his actual circumstances at this currenttime may be. Besides, I can't speak for other Gucci fans, but I wasn't expecting numbers to go ham, first week or not.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

As far as I'm concerned, Jeezy is supposed to be succeeding. As the only rapper out of Atlanta to pick up the pieces and go hard in garbage time whileTip's been dealing with his own issues, the guy should be where he's at as far as moving units, if not further along in his career. I mean ifyou're doing tours overseas and still acting foolish about a past beef, you definitely don't have it all together.

I didn't expect Gucci to do major numbers..esp when he's locked up and can't promote

but 89k is pretty good tho when you're in the bing...

Hella rappers had crazy promotion and didn't sell nearly as much

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I thought Gucci would honestly do at least 300,000.
smh.gif

People honestly don't support even their favorite artists these days.

eek.gif
You N's live in fantasy worlds

People here think that this is the bling bling era and the late 90s.

FYI, NO ONE cares about rap anymore and the people that do download albums instead of buying. Rap/Hip hop will rarely see platinum anymore. The money is intouring and digital sales anyway.

Old people are buying Susan "the Gargoyle" Boyle's records. They don't know how to use computers or download so that's what they have todo.

Taylor Swift been moving nothing less than 100,000 units for the last 2 months.
eek.gif

Re-released with new songs x save the princess from the black gorilla syndrome.

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

I didn't expect Gucci to do major numbers..esp when he's locked up and can't promote

but 89k is pretty good tho when you're in the bing...

Hella rappers had crazy promotion and didn't sell nearly as much

Clubs promoted dude enough

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

and 50 did 150K and people said his career is over
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Gotta agree.

Dudes is pretty much silent on that whole thing right there now.

As far as the remaining "untouchables", TIP is definitely next on the endangered list followed by Hov.

Ye, Em, and Wayne don't have anything to worry about just yet.

And yeah, I don't know who the hell really thought Gucci was gonna sell. No offense to Gooch or his fans.
Nah I'm gonna say Hov and Em are the most untouchable, they're cemented to get good sales at this point.

who the hell said Gucci was going to go platinum?
nerd.gif
i know one of you said he would do big numbers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Damn, so which rap artists are immune to this wretched state? 50 used to be, but he's fallen off those ranks. If your name isn't Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem, or T.I., God help you.
Game and Jeezy will move units (over 500k for sure total).

roll.gif

TI's next join will do under 200K, Jay only put up huge numbers because he was eating off the title "The Blueprint" so everyone got all over itand then he had his pop joints. Sales are the worst they've been and will drop even lower

laugh.gif

thread./

how was gucci gonna do 300,000? label didn't even ship that much probably...i am shocked by the clipse numbers to a certain extent...tho their singles andvids lit up the internet, they didnt make any noise on the radio or tv...sad to see...two times in a row
smh.gif
...maybe Push is right, third times the charm

Come son

Its def commendable for gucci to do 89,000. He released a street record...not a crossover attempt. I could understandthe upset if he was trying to selling albums and failed but the album is straight gucci. That's a W. Plus, he's not even able to promote his album.Those clipse number are pain ful tho
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom