Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Maybe at a YM show...
grin.gif
?

I've been to 5 YM shows and I'm yet to see cd's handed out. But who knows, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough
ohwell.gif

You've been to FIVE cash money concerts 

They're actually a really really really great time and worth every penny. Don't knock it until you try it 
wink.gif

If the Projections are correct at the end of the week, Wayne sold more his first week than Jay & Beyonce COMBINED....Wayne won.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Also, wouldn't be surprised if Baby did go buy mad albums. I know he wants to beat The Throne numbers and he wants Wayne's miraculous run to continue for as long as possible.

I dunno why C4 keeps getting compared to WTT like WTT is the mark and they went all out trying to bring in sales...they didnt even promote the damn album in typical fashion and did 450k in their sleep...urban/internet hype does not = huge sales.

Wayne the most popular rapper in the world and face all over the place...of course he would sell more, he is suppose to.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Ballerific703 wrote:

Also, wouldn't be surprised if Baby did go buy mad albums. I know he wants to beat The Throne numbers and he wants Wayne's miraculous run to continue for as long as possible.

came in here to say this. there is NO doubt in my mind this happened. probably sitting on a stack of 250k CDs right now

Ballerific703 wrote:
Why are people saying this?

Did they forget that Wayne was the last rapper to do a million the first week, say what you want about the album but dude is probably the most popular artist out right now. It wouldn't suprise me if this does do huge numbers. Im not a huge fan or anything but anytime hip hop sales the most im happy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

I dunno why C4 keeps getting compared to WTT like WTT is the mark and they went all out trying to bring in sales...they didnt even promote the damn album in typical fashion and did 450k in their sleep...urban/internet hype does not = huge sales.

Wayne the most popular rapper in the world and face all over the place...of course he would sell more, he is suppose to.

Eminem sir.

the album was pretty much a brick and he still outsold wtt by a mile. that's pretty remarkable considering that those 2 guys are like god's to their fans. ymcmb is running it, it's become an empire. at the end of the day, the object is to make hits and sell records.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Ballerific703 wrote:

Did they forget that Wayne was the last rapper to do a million the first week, say what you want about the album but dude is probably the most popular artist out right now. It wouldn't suprise me if this does do huge numbers. Im not a huge fan or anything but anytime hip hop sales the most im happy
smile.gif

I'm saying this because he's not as big, his fanbase has changed. There's not much hype for this album AT ALL. No doubt the album is gonna sell but I'm stunned at him doing 800-900, people don't buy albums like that and I repeat. A lot of his fanbase has out grown his silly repetitive music. Lyrically this album is on par with the Ferrari Boyz album (Gucci and Waka)

Originally Posted by u ttocs

the album was pretty much a brick and he still outsold wtt by a mile. that's pretty remarkable considering that those 2 guys are like god's to their fans. ymcmb is running it, it's become an empire. at the end of the day, the object is to make hits and sell records.
I don't know about all that champ.  For some reason when you said "it's become an empire" it reminded me of Fred Sanford standing with his arms wide-open talking about his junkyard being an empire.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Ballerific703 wrote:

smile.gif
I'm saying this because he's not as big, his fanbase has changed. There's not much hype for this album AT ALL. No doubt the album is gonna sell but I'm stunned at him doing 800-900, people don't buy albums like that and I repeat. A lot of his fanbase has out grown his silly repetitive music. Lyrically this album is on par with the Ferrari Boyz album (Gucci and Waka)

That's true but he probably has gained more fan's as time goes on, let's not forget he's VERY popular with young people including teens. Yes lil wayne's fanbase is that big, it's really not hard to grasp that he can sell that much. We have to wait for the official sales, but lil Wayne is big enough to do those kind of numbers.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by u ttocs

I don't know about all that champ.  For some reason when you said "it's become an empire" it reminded me of Fred Sanford standing with his arms wide-open talking about his junkyard being an empire.
don't know about what?  these guys have been making hits since 98 and now they're pretty much running the game, that's a dynasty.  you don't have to like them, but you can't deny the accomplishments. 

Dudes are really legit OD offended when it comes to anything Wayne.

Trying to justify and rationalize the numbers so they feel better about the situation.

Baby musta bought albums. WTT no promotion still did 425K out the gate. Numbers gotta be wrong. SMH @ whoever is buying this trash album. Record sales don't mean how good an album is (it doesn't, but you only see this said in a Wayne thread) etc to the etc

umad.jpg

It's not that hard to understand. Along with Em, Wayne is the biggest name in rap, for better or for worse.

A lot older heads been knowing Wayne since Tha Block Is Hot.

A lot of younger heads grew up with Wayne already being one of the bigger names in rap, and grew into arguably the biggest name in rap.

Put two and two together, dude has a pretty broad fan base.

Wayne has also a big female fan base.

That's what you need to sell records. Appeal to White America and females.

Wayne does both.

Why else do you think YMCMB does so well? Drake? Nicki?

Same thing.

When artists who NT don't really rock with, like Wale or whoever, and they go wood first week, it's all
laugh.gif

When artists like Jay + Ye go 425K first week, it's
pimp.gif

When Wayne goes nearly plat first week, it's, THIS CAN'T BE LIFE smh

You dudes, man.

dealwithit.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Like someone said earlier, album sales != a good album. So what exactly does the album sales mean? That Yao Ming comparison was perfect.

YMCMB has a following, there's no denying that but lets relax, there's better music out here. I can't help but feel like Wayne isn't making music for grown men. Seems like he's going after the adolescence. He has his moments but I just don't know..
So if he's making music for the adolescence, especially if they're the ones buying it, why is that a problem?

He doesn't owe you anything.  He owes the demographic that are actually going to buy his album and pay to go to his shows.  Wouldn't it be smart to cater to those putting money in his pocket?

Alot of ya'll _'s sound like scorned best friends who got left for greener pastures
laugh.gif
  If you don't like the product he's putting out don't listen or check for him.

I'm not saying it's a problem sir.  Nor do I feel like Little Wayne, whom I've never met, owes me anything.  He's just not making music that I can get into, simple.  I tell you, it's almost a crime to have your own opinion about things, lol. 

Its been awhile since Ive seen just straight blatant hate like this.

Wayne sellin crazy amounts of records.....again. end of story.

so enjoy WTT. enjoy C4

no need for comparisons. no need for speculations.

claimin Baby bought albums.

if u cant prove it, why speak it?

Lets just get back to the music and leave the creating rumors/excuses/lies bout other peoples lives up to the bbitches

People say WTT had no type of promotion, but what type of promotion did C4 have?...there was no type of buzz building up to the C4 release date before that "Jay-Z Diss" because C4 was pushed back as many times as WTT, so that excuse isnt working...btw WTT > C4

^its not an excuse, WTT didn't have traditional promotion it was released on the strength of the name n music. Wayne had 3 singles out from the album and released the 4th right before the album, two headlining tours (one currently in process) and u can throw in the mixtape and countless features he has made. So again what promotion did Carter 4 not have? 
and again Wayne is the biggest star in rap outside of Eminem. the dude has a fanbase.

i dont think the album is trash but I am disappointed he has chosen to get rid of the style that made him dope and notable. Good to see the Boot at the top of the game tho...salute to that man 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Trying to justify and rationalize the numbers so they feel better about the situation.

Baby musta bought albums. WTT no promotion still did 425K out the gate. Numbers gotta be wrong. SMH @ whoever is buying this trash album. Record sales don't mean how good an album is (it doesn't, but you only see this said in a Wayne thread) etc to the etc

umad.jpg

It's not that hard to understand. Along with Em, Wayne is the biggest name in rap, for better or for worse.

A lot of younger heads grew up with Wayne already being one of the bigger names in rap, and grew into arguably the biggest name in rap.

Wayne does both.

Same thing.

When artists who NT don't really rock with, like Wale or whoever, and they go wood first week, it's all
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

You dudes, man.

dealwithit.gif
Couldn't agree more with this.

lol what yall getting water eyed about numbers for. WTT got nice joints on it and the lyrics are pretty nice but i took it as a cry for attention nothing more nothing less

TC4 got hits with simple lyrics coupled with an excellent delivery/flow and a stellar production= easier to get people to like/buy/more radio friendly tunes and like franchise said he has a strong female base and appeals to everybody old,young,white,black,aliens

theres a big difference

Originally Posted by franchise3

umad.jpg

Wayne does both.

Same thing.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

You dudes, man.

dealwithit.gif
/thread

Originally Posted by VegasOner

People say WTT had no type of promotion, but what type of promotion did C4 have?...there was no type of buzz building up to the C4 release date before that "Jay-Z Diss" because C4 was pushed back as many times as WTT, so that excuse isnt working...btw WTT > C4
Watch the Throne promotion: The HAM single that bricked a few months back, Otis like 2 weeks before it came out, and just the idea of Jay & Kanye getting together for a joint album
C4 promotion: 4 singles, with 2 of them being smash hit chart-topping singles, with another (She Will) continuing to go up the charts. C4 doesn't have the buzz that C3 had, but very few
albums since 2006 have.

Sure, C4 was pushed back multiple times, but Wayne was still out and constantly seen. He never faded into near obscurity during pushbacks (like Game, 50, Gucci Mane...Papoose
laugh.gif
). I wasn't surprised buy the
sales at all, he has the exact target fanbase he aims for. WTT > C4, but i would put Primetime, The Joy, and the Outro and Interlude from C4 on a playlist and never come back to either album.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Carter 4 had 3 top 10 singles and a nationwide tour champ where have you been 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom