Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nah I didn't mean that about Wayne at all, I'd put him in the Nelly category...  Even his good old stuff isn't really classic.

Ahhhh my mistake. Definitely right

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

He'll get 500k minimum...I don't kno about 700 tho

im seriously down for a paypal bet that hell do over 700k first week.

No NT'er is gonna take the bet because that means they would have to pay for what they said. 
And 
roll.gif
 at the wayne buying his own albums. The jelly-ness runs deep and strong on NT.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

He'll get 500k minimum...I don't kno about 700 tho

No NT'er is gonna take the bet because that means they would have to pay for what they said. 
And 
roll.gif
cuz Baby isn't insecure about $

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

And 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

So how many do you guys think he's gonna buy? 100k? 200k? 300k? 
laugh.gif
 And then what would he do with that many cd's just sitting around? 

And 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

So how many do you guys think he's gonna buy? 100k? 200k? 300k? 
laugh.gif
 And then what would he do with that many cd's just sitting around? 
do you know how that stuff works? 
grin.gif

It's not hard to transcend when you're not really talkin about. How many white teenagers can identify with the message of black excellence in WTT as opposed to Wayne's raps?

do you know how that stuff works? 
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Of course not. That would just be doing the same as Master P in the early No Limit days. Even though they were legitimately selling records, loads
of stuff would still get self-purchased and given out free at shows and stuff.

His house ain't lookin like
Spoiler [+]
Store_01.jpg
Store_01.jpg

Every time people talk about sales and actual good material I think About the second Verse on Jay's "moment of clarity" he sums this topic up perfectly.

The music business hate me
'cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me
And the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib KweliTruthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since
When your sense got that much in common
And you been hosteling since
Your inception
$%#@ perception
Go with what makes sense
Since
I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most important
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back
To me that's the win, win
The next time you see the homie and his rims spin
Just know my mind is working just like them
(The rims that is)

He's basically saying that all rappers make that choice to go for the money and bigger audience with the radio hits or make what they truly want to make.

It's difficult to do both I think Jay was able to accomplish that but Jay is top 3. The Carter IMO is Wayne's best album but what did it sell??? I honestly don't know. But I'm sure it didn't sell a mil in a week.
He can make songs like BMJR and sell A mil in a month or make lollipop and sell a mil in a Week. He made his choice and I ain't even made at him. Only thing we can do is catch them before that choice has to be made. That's where the true quality is at.

LOL, well I can't help you there. But usually at concerts you can always come away with some free music. It's pretty much a promotional type thing.

This is remarkable, he is probably going to go platinum in his first week again off of no buzz whatsoever or at least not 10% of the buzz he had on C3. Lyrically I wouldn’t say dude lost it I would just say he does what’s necessary now and nothing more. Who’s his real competition now commercially? Em, Jay… He has crossover success, dude is a superstar now and could make a blank disc and put his name on it and sell like crazy. I kind of compare it to JB now, regardless of quality, dudes is still going to cop cause its Wayne. I enjoyed the CD (Nightmares of the Bottom!) but is it up there with C1 or C2, NO! Will I listen to it in 6 months, I doubt it. Better than C3 but not close to his other work, I have a hard time putting this above 500 degreez or Lights Out. No hate at all cause I been riding with dude from day one.....pause but I just wish quality would make a comeback with his music.

Originally Posted by toneloc83

This is remarkable, he is probably going to go platinum in his first week again off of no buzz whatsoever or at least not 10% of the buzz he had on C3. Lyrically I wouldn’t say dude lost it I would just say he does what’s necessary now and nothing more. Who’s his real competition now commercially? Em, Jay… He has crossover success, dude is a superstar now and could make a blank disc and put his name on it and sell like crazy. I kind of compare it to JB now, regardless of quality, dudes is still going to cop cause its Wayne. I enjoyed the CD (Nightmares of the Bottom!) but is it up there with C1 or C2, NO! Will I listen to it in 6 months, I doubt it. Better than C3 but not close to his other work, I have a hard time putting this above 500 degreez or Lights Out. No hate at all cause I been riding with dude from day one.....pause but I just wish quality would make a comeback with his music.
Agree with all of this, except for C4 being better than C3.. but that's a personal opinion anyway.

Well put though.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by toneloc83

Agree with all of this, except for C4 being better than C3.. but that's a personal opinion anyway.

Well put though.

I enjoyed C3 when it dropped but I couldn't listen to it now, thats the only Wayne CD I don't have in rotation.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by PO2345

I don't know how this +%%$% is doing this?
30t6p3b.gif

PO

YMCMB cronies with the mass purchasing.

Wayne is cool in my book. But NOBODY moves units like that in this day w/o some sort of trick/glitch/loophole.

QFT!!!

PO I was thinking the same shiiii iiittt to myself.

But then again......

Im sure there out there buying up all the albums again.

Cant wait for the official numbers to come out. 
If he finds a way to sell 700,000+ you can say he had a bigger year than gaga pulling that .99cent stunt and dropping 50% 

I haven't heard the album yet, I am not really that interested in it. But damn, there is so much hate in here, yall need to relax.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I haven't heard the album yet, I am not really that interested in it. But damn, there is so much hate in here, yall need to relax.

This is NT
laugh.gif
If you like an album, you're a "stan", if you don't like an album, you're a "hater". People can't respect other posters musical likes/dislikes without a negative label.

Good for Wayne and his fans for the C4 sales.

This kinda reminds me of when the reports that G-Unit's "T.O.S." was gonna do 700-900, then it was completely false. Obviously Wayne sells way more than them but it doesn't sound right still. All the people that I know that are Wayne fans don't listen to him as much or are messing with the new album. The album is getting awful reviews....who is buying this? I don't feel like this album has any buzz, "How to Love" is doing well but something isn't right. There was a trending topic on twitter #ThingsBetterThanThaCarterIV for a day or two. I don't care what he sells, I didn't buy it and the album is horrid in my opinion.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if Baby did go buy mad albums. I know he wants to beat The Throne numbers and he wants Wayne's miraculous run to continue for as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom