Cement IV restoration

So I bought a pair of disintegrating 99 AJ Cement IV Retros for under $100 a few weeks back to restore.  I took my 06 White and silver joints and donated the sole.  Here are some pictures from the process.  I am pretty stoked about these!  Not making a video about it, I will leave that to the youtube guys at restore my sneakers, but basically I used a heat gun to remove the sole, stripped all of the old midsole paint, re used the 99's outsole, then had them resoled and painted the soles with Angeles paints.  Then I sewed the toe piece with a sewing awl.  A lot of time, but I love the finished result.  They are holding up well after several wears!

Donor sole

Finished product

So I bought a pair of disintegrating 99 AJ Cement IV Retros for under $100 a few weeks back to restore.  I took my 06 White and silver joints and donated the sole.  Here are some pictures from the process.  I am pretty stoked about these!  Not making a video about it, I will leave that to the youtube guys at restore my sneakers, but basically I used a heat gun to remove the sole, stripped all of the old midsole paint, re used the 99's outsole, then had them resoled and painted the soles with Angeles paints.  Then I sewed the toe piece with a sewing awl.  A lot of time, but I love the finished result.  They are holding up well after several wears!

Donor sole

Finished product

that's a friggin good job. i'm particularly impressed with the speckles. how did you do them?

that's a friggin good job. i'm particularly impressed with the speckles. how did you do them?

pimp.gif
Very Nice.

Originally Posted by lilfalconsfan

Does anybody no where i can get some paint to restore some fire red threes?

angelus have "fire red" as a colour. check out turtlefeathers for the cheapest source.

Originally Posted by lilfalconsfan

Does anybody no where i can get some paint to restore some fire red threes?

angelus have "fire red" as a colour. check out turtlefeathers for the cheapest source.

I used the angelus from Turtlefeathers.com, but there are other brands.  I hear some good things about this company out of Canada called parasol but it is really expensive so I haven't tried it.  Anyway, the glue that my cobbler used was called "Masters" glue.  I don't know much about it except, I have used shoe goo, which worked on some resoled black cements.  It was ok, but if you are doing this take them to an expert!!!!  You will be able to trust the results.  I wore these to my little brothers graduation party and had a bunch of HS kids asking when they retroed them! lol.  I was like "10 years ago when I graduated!"

I used the angelus from Turtlefeathers.com, but there are other brands.  I hear some good things about this company out of Canada called parasol but it is really expensive so I haven't tried it.  Anyway, the glue that my cobbler used was called "Masters" glue.  I don't know much about it except, I have used shoe goo, which worked on some resoled black cements.  It was ok, but if you are doing this take them to an expert!!!!  You will be able to trust the results.  I wore these to my little brothers graduation party and had a bunch of HS kids asking when they retroed them! lol.  I was like "10 years ago when I graduated!"

Oh yeah the speckles, I masked the shoe, then I mixed the black paint with water, and got a stiff paint brush. I then flicked it with my thumb onto the grey parts. It takes practice, but rocking some Cement IV's every now and then is definitely worth the work.

Oh yeah the speckles, I masked the shoe, then I mixed the black paint with water, and got a stiff paint brush. I then flicked it with my thumb onto the grey parts. It takes practice, but rocking some Cement IV's every now and then is definitely worth the work.

Back
Top Bottom