Census shows US is diversifying, white population shrinking

Y’all seen housing in DC? There’s a reason for this. Million dollar homes are 1500 sqft and built in the 80’s. Ain’t nobody wanna pay for that. “I have a house in DC” is more of a status symbol than anything else.

Wife and I found a DC home in early April, closed in early May 2020. At the time we were our agents only clients, by the end of May she's juggling multiple.

Might as well call DC Vanilla City now

Mayonnaise Metropolis |l

When I read what happened to Georgetown and DC as a whole after the riots = nothing new under the Sun.

Last edited:
I just refuse to believe it. We don’t have massive population increase like Latinos do but with more and more people from the diaspora coming over, black people just not outright filling out the census period, I don’t believe we’re still at 12%. I just can’t believe it.

I read an article that said Millennial birth rate dropped tremendously. I read that as white's aren't having babies and those that are are having for less that the previous gen. I worked at a small private university from about 2009 to 2013. Istill follow lots of them on social and lots are are early late 20's early 30's not married, no kids or even in relationships.

I'm 40 black, wife is 35 white. I have a 19 yr old from a previous relationship, wife has none. I don't see kids in our future.

“The share of the white population fell from 63.7% in 2010 to 57.8% in 2020, the lowest on record”

That’s a pretty big decrease in one decade
6%, I’m surprised it only fell that much

I feel like mixed race babies are pretty common… gonna be a whole lot of “others/2 or more races”

Yeah, my ex bought a house in DC when we were together so I went to all the viewings with her and the market is brazy. What neighborhood did you end up in thenewjs23 thenewjs23 ?

These white numbers would be even lower if Hispanics didn't identify as white.

There's A LOT of that going on from looking at my state's numbers.

Back
Top Bottom