changing fire red 3's into katrina 3's

ive been meaning to get my 3s done but have only made it to the stripping.. ive bought angelus before but how can i find the right shade of red

^listen to this post carefully
Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by gentry187

Here's a thought: wouldn't it be easier to just custom the white cement 3's? All you would have to do is just paint the black strip on the midsole red.
I don't know if you notice but cement 3s can poke a big hole in your pocket
Or you can find a used pair on ebay and fix it up.
Even a used pair can still cost a pretty penny and then fixing it up and adding paint and the process etc etc, can damage the sneaker more and the paint can come off sooo easy. i think its best to do it on a new or slightly new shoe.

Actually white/cements would have been ideal, but i only have fire reds, and I only did it because i HAD TO repair them anyway. It's far more complicatedthan just painting over and filling in the cracks. That way the paint is likely to continue to crack. It was a pain, and quite scary to do, but i had to usenail polish remover (aka acetone) to remove all the midsole paint. Then I painted them using ANGELUS PAINTs which I purchased from theTURTLEFEATHERS website (i'm now looking at you, irghead) and did three to four layers of each colour separately. even remembered toblacken the back jumpman air
happy.gif
. i've decided to do the whole thing and carefully lighten the elephant print. will report back.

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

ive been meaning to get my 3s done but have only made it to the stripping.. ive bought angelus before but how can i find the right shade of red

This was my first major concern too, but Angelus specifically have 'fire red' as a colour.

thanks for the compliments, you three.
smile.gif

the elephant print lightening isn't working very well. a watered down acetone mix is not removing anything. i've had to wipe it with the acetonestraight from the bottle and even then the black comes off really slowly. i let it dry between goes and it's just not happening much. i'll leave itovernight and see how it is tomorrow. by this time tomorrow, I should have already finished what i've be able and scotchguarded it. pics to follow.

n.b. halfway through my third bottle of acetone. the fumes have made me lightheaded.
frown.gif

Nice work. So i guess angelus paint really do work. Ill be buying some paint this afternoon then!

i couldn't get the elephant much lighter. i had to resort to my own experimenting.
thedevilsnumberis1460.jpg

putting protector on it now. after a couple of coats i'll lace them up and post final images

thanks, yeah it's the first time i've ever done something like this. i'm happy with the results.
smile.gif

dsc00059y.jpg

dsc00061wl.jpg

dsc00060vf.jpg

dsc00062xe.jpg
the elephant print
dsc00063vo.jpg

nice legs lol just kidding, i like them better than the original fire reds thats for sure!

haha thanks!
happy.gif

i don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon. i felt nauseous and had a headache all day from the smell of acetone. i hope the paint staysafter wear.

im very suprised someone actually took that leap and customed some reallys.
thank you for the pictures. please post what that look like in about a week?
i customed some AF-1s a while back and the painted portion of the sole became crackley after a couple of wears.

during my third wear, i noticed some of the white paint start cracking on the back, but only on the back.

thedevilsnumberis1486.jpg

also some of the black on the jumpman is coming off, but that can easily be touched up.

Back
Top Bottom