Cheating.......Does everybody do it?

the term cheating is ******ed. as men we are required to cheat,its in our nature. the only way a man isn't cheating is cause he has no options.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by RKO2004

For the people that cheat, do you care about your SO?

I've never personally cheated, but sometimes I feel like it's a physiological thing. People care about their significant other, but at the same time would rather take care of urges with people they're not emotionally attached to, then to break up and start over in finding a mate.

In other words, people want to have fun but be able to come home to someone they love. A lot of people see sex as casual.

Personally, I don't think having sex with the same person for the rest of my life sounds very exciting. It isn't, fact.
It can be, if you love that person. Sex can be deeper than just that ... sex. It's an experience that goes way beyond the physical.

You guys are missing a whole other element....Maturity.

Finns came the closest, but I'll say this....Say a female has already been married and the guy has not dated for longer than probably 6 mos. because he's having fun. The guy knows he wants to settle with this girl in the future, but he also feels like he has tons of things to get out of his system before he takes that step. Almost like...Why couldn't I have met you in two or three more years?...It's life.

The girl on the other had, having been through an obvious failed marriage, has progressed rapidly through the relationship game and now knows, or feels she knows exactly what she wants and gears those thoughts towards settling down sooner rather than later.

This pits two completely different maturity levels against one another and either the guy cracks under the pressure and cheats or stands strong because he knows the value the relationship has for the future.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

the term cheating is ******ed. as men we are required to cheat,its in our nature. the only way a man isn't cheating is cause he has no options.
there is some truth to this.  When its easily accessible its extremley hard not to do.  There are prob 1% of people out there that have met their "solemates" and never lust after another woman/man.  But if you are under the age of 30 and its right there for the takings....hard to say no sometimes.

Also i am assuming that the people that are saying "I would never cheat" have never been cheated on.  Because once it happens to you its a different mind set.  You are thinking "why not she will prob cheat on me anyway might as well"

I've never personally cheated, but sometimes I feel like it's a physiological thing. People care about their significant other, but at the same time would rather take care of urges with people they're not emotionally attached to, then to break up and start over in finding a mate.

In other words, people want to have fun but be able to come home to someone they love. A lot of people see sex as casual.

Personally, I don't think having sex with the same person for the rest of my life sounds very exciting. It isn't, fact.
open relationship = no cheating.  i think my current gf and i are going to explore this route in the future.  we get along great, never really fight, make each other laugh... all that good stuff, great chemistry overall.  we've had conversations about this issue and we have similar ideas about wanting to have other sexual partners in the future.

its hard knowing another man is getting it on with the girl you love but i will be able to do the same(threesome with my gf and random females is something i am looking forward to).  we've only been together for a little over a year so who knows, but the possibility of a future open relationship with her doesn't sound like a bad deal.

we don't really want a traditional family or even get married... more like "life partners".  we don't want kids of our own seed/egg... we would want to adopt when that urge to nurture a child comes about.  we are still in our early/mid 20's... so that would be 10-15 years from now. 

example: http://thedailyvoice.com/...ut-her-open-r-002576.php

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Also i am assuming that the people that are saying "I would never cheat" have never been cheated on.  Because once it happens to you its a different mind set.  You are thinking "why not she will prob cheat on me anyway might as well"

You can't live that way though man. It'll tear you and possibly your family apart sooner or later.

I know its a possibility but its better to be slapped and walk away then be slapped and slap back creating a brawl where somewhere really gets hurt, in my opinion of course. Slapping is more of a similar situation I guess
laugh.gif
. But I hope you all get it.

Fact: When the perfect opportunity comes along, everyone will cheat.
False. That's like saying every man has a price. Some people can't be bought. Some people will never give in to the temptation of cheating.

Its also important not to tempt yourself too.

You can't live that way though man. It'll tear you and possibly your family apart sooner or later.

I know its a possibility but its better to be slapped and walk away then be slapped and slap back creating a brawl where somewhere really gets hurt, in my opinion of course. Slapping is more of a similar situation I guess
laugh.gif
yea man, i got cheated on by my ex and its not a good feeling(emotional attachment ftl).  i would never do that to some else, just break it off cleanly and proceed to lay the pipe down.

A common misconception is this people that cheat don't care. Why do people honestly believe that? Just because you cheat on someone doesn't mean you don't love or care for them.

I never cheated either, but the reasons behind it are obvious.

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

laugh.gif
yea man, i got cheated on by my ex and its not a good feeling(emotional attachment ftl).  i would never do that to some else, just break it off cleanly and proceed to lay the pipe down.
You could always just say no.

In other news, Why does it seem like NT has been having bad luck with relationships lately?
laugh.gif
Its similar to the religion bashing threads of last year.

False. That's like saying every man has a price. Some people can't be bought. Some people will never give in to the temptation of cheating.

I think this is just a belief thing.  I feel everyone has a price and that kind of goes into the cheating thing.

As far as tempting yourself.  You can go through your whole life not tempting yourself and trying to maintain happiness but what fun is that.  Not saying cheating is fun but what if there is some one better out there and you never find them because you are not tempting yourself.

Again i understand if you think you found the 1.  But if you have then there really is no such thing as tempting because everyone pales in comparison to the one you have. 

I think this is just a belief thing.  I feel everyone has a price and that kind of goes into the cheating thing.

As far as tempting yourself.  You can go through your whole life not tempting yourself and trying to maintain happiness but what fun is that.  Not saying cheating is fun but what if there is some one better out there and you never find them because you are not tempting yourself.

Again i understand if you think you found the 1.  But if you have then there really is no such thing as tempting because everyone pales in comparison to the one you have. 

I said earlier that you'll never find that perfect fit. 80-20 rule. YES A TYLER PERRY FILM REFERENCE 
laugh.gif

You could have 80 % of what you need. Love, family and all that. But you still may see dime piece that catches your eye. It happens. Sometimes we work with these people. The important thing is not putting yourself into situations where your tempted to act on anything. Don't go out for drinks and he other B.S. Take yo "
grin.gif
" HOME and remember why you're with who you're with. You will NEVER find happiness bring misery to others and pleasure to yourself.

Guys its really not hard. You find a chick. You date, find out more about her as time goes on. You may grow to love her. If things continue to progress, you marry her. Life is much more easier when you K.I.S.S.

Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.
laugh.gif

A common misconception is this people that cheat don't care. Why do people honestly believe that? Just because you cheat on someone doesn't mean you don't love or care for them.

I never cheated either, but the reasons behind it are obvious.
OK you can love someone and cheat, but you would obviously care more about busting one, than their feelings.

thats the truth. got this chick that flat out told me she was lonely and very vulnerable cuz she cant find the right guy and feels her time passed cuz of that sayin "u usually find the person u gonna be with in college"

im not cheating on my girl but its just a phone call away....and the chick is def worth it...at times I just wanna give in, and i know my girl wudnt find out
smh.gif

Never done it and never will. I couldn't live with myself if i did that to someone...I'd walk around with that constant guilt, its not a good look.

Originally Posted by ricky robot

Fact: When the perfect opportunity comes along, everyone someone who has no self-control and/or respect for their significant other will cheat.
Fixed.

Never cheated, never will.

If you "need something different", get another girl.

If you don't want another girl, don't cheat.

OK you can love someone and cheat, but you would obviously care more about busting one, than their feelings.
Correct. People can be driven by the physical. That doesn't mean you have to discredit the emotional attachment that they have for another person. Two separate groups of feelings. Just because someone 'purposely" hurts someone they love/care for, doesn't mean that they DON'T love or care for the person. They just valued the physical more at that moment of cheating.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Correct. People can be driven by the physical. That doesn't mean you have to discredit the emotional attachment that they have for another person. Two separate groups of feelings. Just because someone 'purposely" hurts someone they love/care for, doesn't mean that they DON'T love or care for the person. They just valued the physical more at that moment of cheating.
this.

and a person with self-control would be able to handle him/herself in this scenario.

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

open relationship = no cheating.  i think my current gf and i are going to explore this route in the future.  we get along great, never really fight, make each other laugh... all that good stuff, great chemistry overall.  we've had conversations about this issue and we have similar ideas about wanting to have other sexual partners in the future.

Do NOT NOT NOT do this.

Back
Top Bottom