Cheating.......Does everybody do it?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

not everyone. but to me it seems like people think its the cool thing to do. but to each their own.
Explain please. What do you mean people think it is the cool things to do. Almost sounds like you view it as a trend or a thing people do to impress others. If I am wrong let me know.
you are correct. i believe that some people do it to impress others. also i think the definitions of cheating are blurred as well...there's emotional cheating (which can be the worse), there's kissing, dating, doing the do...etc.
I am lost by your words. You honestly believe people cheat to impress others? You sure they don't do it to fulfill emotional and sexual needs (greed or however you view it)?

Cheating isn't like fashion where what you do is on display for the world to see. It is still a private matter. So where exactly does the impressing others part come into play?

I don't get what you are saying Sole.

I agree, there are different types of cheating but I can't see why you would think people cheat to impress others. The last thing going through someone's mind when cheating is how "cool" others will view this.

Now BRAGGING about it I can see but not the actual ACT of cheating. Nah.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

not everyone. but to me it seems like people think its the cool thing to do. but to each their own.

Its not a matter of being cool. Its a matter of not settling and finding somebody that has EVERYTHING you want

I get that and nothing is wrong with finding a girl with everything you want.....but why not break it off? move on.......why drag the other person behind the bus

but why commit if you are going to cheat or if you know that the person does not have everything you want. that only brings about unnecessary hurt and pain. theres nothing wrong with dating around and doing whoever. As long as you are upfront and honest with people which is where so many people fall short because they cant do that.
Agreed

Not everyone cheats.

I think it's complete BS when someone uses alcohol as a crutch, to justify their cheating. 
Yeah, you are impaired, but you still know right from wrong, it's like your drunk, but you still know not to jump off a cliff or run into on coming traffic.

but why commit if you are going to cheat or if you know that the person does not have everything you want. that only brings about unnecessary hurt and pain. theres nothing wrong with dating around and doing whoever. As long as you are upfront and honest with people which is where so many people fall short because they cant do that.
Why? Security. People commit because of security. Emotional and sexual security. That is why people get in relationships with people they REALLY don't want. Not hard to see/understand.

Why? Security. People commit because of security. Emotional and sexual security. That is why people get in relationships with people they REALLY don't want. Not hard to see/understand.
Not everyone commits because of security.  It's overrated, especially nowadays.
laugh.gif

There are actual people out there who are attracted to each other physically and emotionally.  As corny as it sounds.

a lot of people have little to no respect for relationships and think they lying and making excuses when they get caught is acceptable. it's sad but true.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Not everyone commits because of security.  It's overrated, especially nowadays.
laugh.gif

There are actual people out there who are attracted to each other physically and emotionally.  As corny as it sounds.
Of course people are attracted to each other physically and emotionally. THat goes without say.

Security is STILL present. I never said security was the only reason. But that is the MAIN answer to her question, "Why do people get into relationships when they know they will cheat."

Its not a matter of being cool. Its a matter of not settling and finding somebody that has EVERYTHING you want
Basically. When you start finding flaws/things that piss you off about the person you with you start talkin to other girls wondering if the grass is REALLY greener on the other side.

The reason why people dont break up with the person they're cheating on is because, while they may not like everything about that person, its not as if their relationship is a complete fail.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but that would be my logic
ohwell.gif

Explain please. What do you mean people think it is the cool things to do. Almost sounds like you view it as a trend or a thing people do to impress others. If I am wrong let me know.
you are correct. i believe that some people do it to impress others. also i think the definitions of cheating are blurred as well...there's emotional cheating (which can be the worse), there's kissing, dating, doing the do...etc.
I am lost by your words. You honestly believe people cheat to impress others? You sure they don't do it to fulfill emotional and sexual needs (greed or however you view it)?

Cheating isn't like fashion where what you do is on display for the world to see. It is still a private matter. So where exactly does the impressing others part come into play?

I don't get what you are saying Sole.

I agree, there are different types of cheating but I can't see why you would think people cheat to impress others. The last thing going through someone's mind when cheating is how "cool" others will view this.

Now BRAGGING about it I can see but not the actual ACT of cheating. Nah.
i have learned that cheating is a game. im not disagreeing to the fact that people do it to satisfy their desires as you spoke of. but i know lots of people who cheat for mere sport. Especially men. just because they can. and how can you brag if there is no act to brag about arent they one in the same?

but going into a relationship knowing you will not be faithful is just outright ____ i dont even know the word....malicious/heinous comes to mind.

This.

The only acceptable form of cheating (in a relationship) for me is if the person finds a better one than the current and I'm not just talking about looks but personality and overall compatibility. Otherwise,
smh.gif

going into a relationship knowing you will not be faithful is just outright ____ i dont even know the word....malicious/heinous comes to mind.
Can't argue this. It is deception. I am against all forms of it.

You're in denial if you don't think N_s cheat (In part) to impress their friends.

Denial.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I cheat on my girl of 3 years almost every weekend.

laugh.gif
its a Mexican thing hu

Does she know or you keep it on the DL tho

SoleWoman, [Luda] if I recollect right [/Luda] you've stated before that you used to cheat...how'd that come about?

(No shots, serious question.)

Back
Top Bottom