Check out my friends new T-shirt line!!! $20 shirts

I don't normally post alot but my friend just launched his new website. He had some interesting design ideas, so I helped him create the actual art for thet-shirts.

Check him out at Fresh Dont Fly.

Here are some pics of one new shirt and a couple of older shirts.

I would really like to here some feedback.

too cartoony
grown+this tee= no go
but dont let me stop yo mans hustle.
honest opinion

sigh at the word "fresh"
smh.gif
smh.gif

I wouldnt wear this stuff

unless if it was on clearance...and even then I doubt it

not to be mean.

I'm hoping so.

It they are still teens, I was going to give them props but suggest they re-think the demographic/brand identity and keep grinding. If dudes are like 16/17they are ahead of the curve, even though they probably just wasted some money.

If they are in their mid 20's or so...they might want to look into a different business or a radically different approach.

Change that penguin. It's beyond horrible and wont be worn by anyone over 14.

I'm always curious when ppl make these Tees and the NTers don't like it, how much would it change if someone like Kanye rocked it before seeing thisthread... but anyways, I like penguins and all but the name in general (and the mirrored F's) isn't fly.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

I'm always curious when ppl make these Tees and the NTers don't like it, how much would it change if someone like Kanye rocked it before seeing this thread... but anyways, I like penguins and all but the name in general (and the mirrored F's) isn't fly.
I just wanted to give you some answers to the questions that have come up.
Serious question...How old are you guys?
He just turned 18 last month. He is the going to be Valedictorian of his high school assuming that all this negative feed back does not distracthim too much. The lime green penguin shirt in the first picture was the first shirt printed. It was very well received at his school and gave him theconfidence to move ahead.

I am 30. I manage a local sporting goods store that does all the printing for his school. He asked me if I would help so I did. I actually do have confidencethat people will wear these designs.

too cartoony
grown+this tee= no go
but dont let me stop yo mans hustle.
honest opinion
I would say our target market is not grown men. Our target demographic would be ages 14 - early 20's. And when I see what kids wear I thinkthey will move.
How did I know that everything would be $ 30
laugh.gif

Prices will change. I have been telling him that since the start. The problem is he sees all the BAPE shirts selling for $75, and Kid Robot shirtsfor $50 and thinks why not. Now granted they are well established brands but those prices are crazy but people buy em.

In any event I appreciate the feedback both negative and the few positive. This is what I wanted to know and its probably what I expected. I am sure it wontdeter him from moving forward.

I'm not a fan of them, but they will sell. Especially in the 15-22 age range.
High school and college kids will buy this. $30 bucks no, $15-$20 yes.
If ya drop the price, I'd buy one to give to my nephew. He's into tees like that.

Back
Top Bottom