check out this eighth-grade final exam from 1895 - How many did you get right?

It takes a set of basic knowledge that is not applicable to today.....I read through the first couple sets of questions and pull these interesting tidbits....

obviously a bushel of wheat has a set height, that you would have to be accustomed to knowing.
also, a bushel of wheat has a set amount of weight, " "...
The knowledge of what it costs to run a school must have been a big issue, how else would you know your schools operating cost...

but the history probably has not changed much, it all depends on who is telling the story...
the math is the same, numbers dont change.....but pushing kids to learn about bank notes and bond accrual that early is interesting.....

A few things to also remember, this test takes place when not everyone went to school this long..school was for the wealthy and therefor they were taughtthings that they would need to know. Subsequently, today we have to teach everyone so that one slow kid in the class dictates the pace for everyone......nochild left behind my @*#, the world needs ditch diggers to!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

they just had mad time to study...

they didnt have the internet maybe tv iono...

MAYBE tv?

......in 1895.......?

indifferent.gif

Congratulations on saying undoubtedly the DUMBEST thing ive ever read in my 7+ year history on here.
roll.gif

dude said "MAYBE TV"
roll.gif
lmao @ tv's in the 1800's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
my dude sounded ANGRY
mad.gif
with that reply...

" Congratulations on saying undoubtedly the DUMBEST thing ive ever read in my 7+ year history on here. "

LMAO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

you have to remember that they didn't go K-12 back then...8th grade was probably the last or close to the last schooling they'd ever get.

Back
Top Bottom