chemical spill in ohio vol. wut going on

The media has been awfully quiet about this.

D6F25B6A-E1B8-4754-A0B9-6E9F36515964.png

I read that Union Workers had been sounding the word for a minute, but it went ignored by corporate interest. :smh:

Man, at the heart of damn near EVERY crash or technical failure there were signs that’s someone works hands-on with the product tried to advise someone higher up of or his to cover their own ***/meet a deadline but it’s often not an accident, chance or human error.

Most folks are just to selfish, greedy, ignorant or flat out dumb to realize the long term ramifications of not addressing it immediately farrrrr outweigh the short term pinch of a set back or delay for a proper fix |l

This better get big because it basically the equivalent of a oil spill but worst and it’s pretty clear on a local level people are doing their best to hide this. Probably because they are putting money over the safety of the residents involved. Also on a larger level it shows that politicians and billionaires are ****ing greedy idiots too.

This better get big because it basically the equivalent of a oil spill but worst and it’s pretty clear on a local level people are doing their best to hide this. Probably because they are putting money over the safety of the residents involved. Also on a larger level it shows that politicians and billionaires are ****ing greedy idiots too.

I am shocked this is hardly being reported on at a national level. But to the bolded - I am not sure if it is why they are being hush hush but incidents like this are 100% a result of schedule/cost/profits over safety. In reality, they are probably keeping it on the low because it’s WAY worse than they are ready to admit and there were probably some extremely damning findings. So they are likely trying to a palatable way to spin the story.

I agree that this shines a light on greed. Personally, I don’t have a problem with politicians, individuals and corporations setting ambitious goals. The issues arise is everyone is in this mad rush to achieve them and that often leads to trying to cut corners and turns that ambition to greed. So yeah, you want to grow profitably but it is essential to figure how to do that sustainably and most people skip that step in favor of speed.

I wonder what it’s looking like over there at/near the crash site right now.

You described negligence, and trying to hide the disastrous results of it is corruption. The less bodies there are, the less difficult it is to look away. It could have been like what's happening in Turkey, where Erdogan (then, mayor of Istanbul) allowed builders to bypass building codes in 1999, only to find himself dealing with 31k dead folks (and counting).

It really isn't that hard to turn a functioning society into trash; all it takes is ignoring/reducing standards and hiding the negative results of non-adherence to them. It often starts in business, and it eventually spills into all other aspects of society.

Let this be yet another warning sign for us, and let's hope we all pay attention to those whose greed comes at the expense of our collective quality of life.

Journalists who tried to report on this have been arrested. this is one instant

dead fish already popping up. This is bad :smh:

I see the First Amendment doesn't apply in that town. Lawyers are tripping over each other to grab these cases.

yeah, consider us all ****ed :smh:

It’s connected to water supplies in that state but not 100% of each state, correct?

Mayo Pete is the head of Transportation ... no word from him yet :smh:

I agree Pete Buttigieg should have spoken but he is only the Secretary of Transportation, meaning he’s not a lawmaker. His position only has the power to enforce laws that have been passed by Congress. Also, it was Trump who rolled back train derailment safety regulations. His administration did what railroad lobbyists wanted the most. They also repealed an Obama Administration safety rule for trains with hazardous chemicals.

Why would the news bother covering it if votes show those people don’t care? They gotta learn somehow.

It’s connected to water supplies in that state but not 100% of each state, correct?

I agree Pete Buttigieg should have spoken but he is only the Secretary of Transportation, meaning he’s not a lawmaker. His position only has the power to enforce laws that have been passed by Congress. Also, it was Trump who rolled back train derailment safety regulations. His administration did what railroad lobbyists wanted the most. They also repealed an Obama Administration safety rule for trains with hazardous chemicals.

this is important....
also it was OHIO GOVERNOR who ordered the chemicals to be set on fire....

It’s not just going to effect that area, sadly.

this is important....
also it was OHIO GOVERNOR who ordered the chemicals to be set on fire....

This is why I think it is negligent for the media to not cover the situation and cover it accurately because this situation is actually extremely nuanced. They need to make sure people recognize and/or know:

1. This doesn't affect just a small town in Ohio 50 miles Northwest of Pittsburgh, PA
  2. Pete Buttigieg and the Biden administration are not politicians responsible for the regulations that led to this
  3. If anyone, it was actual the Trump administration that had the greatest influence on the derailment of hazardous material and this is happening in several policy areas where we are still feeling the effects of Trump's actions and he is trying to run again in 19 months. Dangerous.
But without basic reporting on those simple talking points, it is extremely simple for folks on social media to spread misinformation

Back
Top Bottom