Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

Probably ^

I really think Paxson's speech really got to people. Even when Paxson spone about Snell, snell looks different.

Here's some details to why I believe Bulls have got some life into them.
To understand how the Bulls finally bridged the gap on Friday from a team that talked about doing things the right way to one that backed up those actions with their play, it's important to understand what occurred between the end of the Nets game and the beginning of the Thunder game. Players noted that they had three good days of practice, which included an edge that has been missing during games. But several players noted that it was a speech from executive vice president John Paxson that helped get their minds right after the roughest stretch of the young season.

"He was just talking to us about how we got to play with a lot more aggressiveness, play like we want it more," Bulls forward Taj Gibson said. "Play like how we used to play. Play with a lot more toughness and heart. Too much buddy-buddy. Just got to go out there and just attack. There's no time to be friends with anybody right now. We got enough friends in here we can reach out to 24/7. I can't go out there and look to be nice to everybody. It's for my teammates. We got to turn things around, we understand that, and whatever it takes to help us turn it around, we'll do."

Gibson said the tenor of Paxson's comments wasn't mired in anger, but more so in a frustration that this group wasn't playing up to it's potential. The Bulls came into this season believing they could end the year with a championship, but their play of late has sparked trade rumors and reports of dissension within the locker room.

"He wasn't pissed at all," Gibson said. "He was just talking to us. He was just telling us how it was a different era. He just said nowadays guys are more pampered, things are just much more easygoing. It kind of makes you think how appreciative it is to be in the NBA, and then we all looked at each other. But he was just preaching go out there and just play hard for each other. All we got is each other in this locker room, in this organization. It's up to us to turn it around and go out there and play with some heart. Lay it on the line."

Derrick Rose has ditched the mask, “getting my legs under me”

The mask is off, and Derrick Rose has looked more like himself the past three games. He dropped 19 on the Thunder on Christmas, 25 against the Mavericks in a loss, and 20 on Toronto — and he’s shooting 48.2 percent in those three games (3-of-7 from three). It’s led to the “is Derrick Rose back?” line of questioning. Again.

What is different is that the mask is off, and he feels like his body has caught up with the grind of the NBA season. From Vincent Goodwill of CSNChicago.com.

“Rose on playing without the mask: "I really can’t tell the difference. It’s just that I’m getting my legs under me a little bit more."

— Vincent Goodwill (@vgoodwill) December 30, 2015”

What was more interesting was why he ditched the mask.

“Rose gave new reason why he ditched mask: "I got too much Faith to be hiding behind something. So I took it off and put it in God’s hands."

— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) December 30, 2015”

Mask or no mask, the real question is can Rose sustain this? He has had stretches of impressive play before, only to take steps back. I need to see this over a longer stretch of ground — at least 10 games — before I start to buy in.

But if Rose finds his groove — and if he and Jimmy Butler can coexist, and if the team can find an offensive identity — it’s not hard to imagine the Bulls breaking out of the pack and being the second best team in the East. They’ve always looked like the second best on paper, but can they start to put all the pieces together? For more than a couple of games?

In an East where it seems every week another team is breaking out — the Hawks won six straight until the Pacers beat them — a few good games from Rose is a hopeful sign for Bulls fans, but not a trend. Yet.

Here's some details to why I believe Bulls have got some life into them.
To understand how the Bulls finally bridged the gap on Friday from a team that talked about doing things the right way to one that backed up those actions with their play, it's important to understand what occurred between the end of the Nets game and the beginning of the Thunder game. Players noted that they had three good days of practice, which included an edge that has been missing during games. But several players noted that it was a speech from executive vice president John Paxson that helped get their minds right after the roughest stretch of the young season.

"He was just talking to us about how we got to play with a lot more aggressiveness, play like we want it more," Bulls forward Taj Gibson said. "Play like how we used to play. Play with a lot more toughness and heart. Too much buddy-buddy. Just got to go out there and just attack. There's no time to be friends with anybody right now. We got enough friends in here we can reach out to 24/7. I can't go out there and look to be nice to everybody. It's for my teammates. We got to turn things around, we understand that, and whatever it takes to help us turn it around, we'll do."

Gibson said the tenor of Paxson's comments wasn't mired in anger, but more so in a frustration that this group wasn't playing up to it's potential. The Bulls came into this season believing they could end the year with a championship, but their play of late has sparked trade rumors and reports of dissension within the locker room.

"He wasn't pissed at all," Gibson said. "He was just talking to us. He was just telling us how it was a different era. He just said nowadays guys are more pampered, things are just much more easygoing. It kind of makes you think how appreciative it is to be in the NBA, and then we all looked at each other. But he was just preaching go out there and just play hard for each other. All we got is each other in this locker room, in this organization. It's up to us to turn it around and go out there and play with some heart. Lay it on the line."

pax might've given everybody the nut kick we needed

True that. A kicks to the nut was needed. I love it. "we have enough friends here that we can contact 24/7." Classic Thibs lol

#SEERED Let's take down the Pacers tonight!

^
Damn Tom, sorry to hear that.
You ain't missing much, that's just an idiot snake pit full of trolls anyways.

Great win tonight!
Refs weren't going to call a foul on that last second oop, George played Jimmy pretty physical as well on our side on a similar play.
Now I'm just hoping we can string 5-7 more W's.

Last edited:
Exactly. I didn't get to see the game but Brooks did a great job .

Let's get this win streak

Jimmy came up big late. AB was money all game. Portis continues to play with intensity, word to NVL.

^
Damn Tom, sorry to hear that.
You ain't missing much, that's just an idiot snake pit full of trolls anyways.

Great win tonight!
Refs weren't going to call a foul on that last second oop, George played Jimmy pretty physical as well on our side on a similar play.
Now I'm just hoping we can string 5-7 more W's.

It's true. Just a circle jerk of idiot trolls spewing the same narrative everyday. NT's basketball version of ESPN.

8cb4ad51e8601ee25664c4463128d116.gif

Great W last night need to close the yr & begin the next yr with W's against rivals

Damn good win!!!

Beat the brakes off those NY bums.
Good to see Niko getting his confidence back.
What more can we say about Portis....kid is the future.

Revenge :nthat:

Portis is amazing. reading up his background, his work ethic and desire to succeed will only continue and his skills set will only go up. this dude has the mental makeup and passion that curry, tyrus lacked.

I can see why the bulls are interested in doing a trade. But i rather trade Mirotic or Pau.

How in the world we ended up with Bobby Portis??? Dude has a lot of skill and will only get better plus he's only 20 
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Felt great to dismantle the Knicks in the 4th quarter 
pimp.gif

Also Niko from 30 ft 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Jimmy putting on a show tonight :nthat:

East is crowded this year fellas.
Hopefully we get good news from Rose tomorrow, just wish we had at least one fully healthy season.

View media item 1854638

Last edited:
Man, I checked the score at halftime. By the time I got around to checking again the game was over and I saw 42pts next to Butler's name. I was like WTF? Dude went off in the 2nd half!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom