Christopher Nolan to direct WWII drama ‘Dunkirk’ (1st trailer is up)

Not saying that at all, it's just one of his first movies that hasn't had me anticipating it bad to see it.
Nothing really gripped me in the trailer to watch immediately.
Not really into these kind of movies.

No ones perfect.
Interstellar definitely wasn't.

Not perfect or mediocre?? interstellar was insane

I honestly didn't see the full trailer and don't really care to..I want to watch this blindly and then make my own interpretation

I'm definitely excited and not skeptical at all

Seeing it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

• 2017-07-16_13.29.10.jpg
    2017-07-16_13.29.10.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 7
Its gonna be lit.

I'm gonna catch it on 70mm IMAX, I hear the immersion level is incredible.

Just got back. Movie was incredible. It isn't like every other war movie where it was just gunshots and things blowing up. Movie itself was like a rollercoaster with the help of the music. There would be moments where everything is calm then suddenly, oh ****, bombings. Then more calm moments, then suddenly gunfire. The music really helps with those calm moments because it really keeps you interested and wondering what is happening or going to happen next. You also really feel for the actors and get their sense of desperation throughout the movie. 7.8/8.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this. May have to drive ~45 mins to see it in 70mm IMAX but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Damn, was going to settle for Dolby Atmos but Arclight doesn't offer it, just 70mm.

I might actually have to see it on Universal City Walk for the true Imax but they're goddamn parkings like $20 these days.

do we have a list of real IMAX screens? .... haven't been to the movies by myself ever but this recent split leaves no choice.

do we have a list of real IMAX screens? .... haven't been to the movies by myself ever but this recent split leaves no choice.
Google Dunkirk 70mm IMAX and there will be an official list. There's a couple theaters in most states but some states don't have any.

Check all ur local theaters websites..my amc has both IMAX and 70mm

70mm IMAX is what you wanna see. They have just 70mm and just IMAX, but neither compare to 70mm IMAX. Check this graphic for the breakdown:

IMG_0620.JPG

there is no IMAX near me. the crappy part about living in a small town, as nice as santa barbara is i have to drive 70-80 miles if i wanna even sniff a legit Imax theater. :frown:

The movie theater that I usually go to is going to show Dunkirk in 70mm. Lucky me. Might catch a matinee on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom