Cliches, Sayings, or Inspirational Phrases that You Hate

What are some cliches and sayings that you hate and why? It could be because you don't think they're true, they don't make sense to you, whatever reason really.

Last edited:

"you can take a horse to the track but you can't make them race"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

You can pull life gems from most quotes, I think it's overuse that plays them out.

Last edited:
- "It is what it is."

- "If you love her, let her go."

- "What does that mouth do?"

yolo
bro
ratchet
bae
chill vibes
come at me bro
sick.gif
Shade
Thot
Yolo
Bae
Fleek
I meant sayings as in cliches or mantras, but I do hate these as well 
laugh.gif

This isn't necessarily relating to cliches but I just hate all inspirational quotes in general.

I don't mean to throw shade cause those ain't my intentions but they're all just a bunch of words that sound really good together. It's a cheap way to sound intelligent.
People never live by them.

I hope this relevant enough for the thread so I don't sound too crazy.

This isn't necessarily relating to cliches but I just hate all inspirational quotes in general.

I don't mean to throw shade cause those ain't my intentions but they're all just a bunch of words that sound really good together. It's a cheap way to sound intelligent.
People never live by them.

I hope this relevant enough for the thread so I don't sound too crazy.
100% relevant, in fact I'll add that to the thread title.

"Time heals all wounds"

Doubt it.

It's supposed to be this:

They say Time heals all wounds, but time is what took my tomorrow's and turned them into my yesterday's.

Meaning:

Take the necessary time to grieve/mourn, but realize you still have your life to live and time spent wastefully is time you'll never get back.

I stand by a majority of inspirational/motivational quotes, but I feel that when people base their lives around them is where they go wrong. Their meant to give you a kickstart, you gotta keep the momentum going.

I dislike the word **** and also when people say strenth instead of strenGth.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

How does that make sense? Why would I have cake if I can't eat it.. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom