Coachella 2012 : April 13-15, 20-22 in Indio, CA Streaming on Youtube THIS WEEKEND

when I initially heard about Dre and snoop headlining I was a bit apprehensive. really didn't think it was gonna be a dope performance.

They proved me wrong big time. Performance was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heelish

Then, to have him perform next to that f*ggot Dr. Dre?!? A guy he publicly HATED before his death?!? IS THIS REAL LIFE.
sick.gif

Fam did "Hail Mary" and "2 of Amerikazz Most Wanted" and cleared it. Fam wasn't on stage wit Pac
laugh.gif

Dre didnt perform with Pac, Snoop did. Pac would approve of that. Dude just made major headlines 16 years after his death and I assume his mom got paid from that as well. So why would Pac or anybody in his family/friends be upset?

I'd pay whatever the cost to see Hologram Tupac on a full tour in concert before I'd pay to see any of these sell outs in the game today.

Originally Posted by skip2myloon

Anyone know where I can download any of the performances?
This.

In audio or video.. def interested in the Aftermath, Weeknd, and A$AP sets

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Can someone please explain to me how the heck they did that 2Pac hologram thing? You don't even have to be right, I just need to know how that $!%$ was even possible. Like whoa. Crazy!

Animation and audio clips. If you notice the band was lighted the whole set and then pitch black during 2pac. They had to play the drums, guitar in the dark cause thats the only way you would be able to see 2Pac

Word is that the hologram cost as much as $500K. Dre paid it out of his own pocket.. He got permission from Afeni, and made a donation to the Tupac Foundation

Originally Posted by Essential1

Word is that the hologram cost as much as $500K. Dre paid it out of his own pocket.. He got permission from Afeni, and made a donation to the Tupac Foundation
eek.gif
in multiple ways

That makes sense, I don't know where people are getting 10 million from
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by McRaptor

That makes sense, I don't know where people are getting 10 million from
laugh.gif
I know
laugh.gif
10 mil  is too much just for 5 mins.

Damn, how much did he get paid for the performance?

Originally Posted by Based Mod

just got back home. jesus christ that was an amazing weekend. no drugs requred.
Would you or any others care to elaborate on your experience?  Any crazy experiences, tips for those considering going in the future, Do's/Dont's, etc...

I caught a good portion of the streams and me and my friends were even more disappointed we couldn't make it this year...
mad.gif
frown.gif

Like, I can just imagine it being a surreal experience.  Three days of seeing my favorite artists live (esp. Radiohead & The Black Keys), being put on to new ones, partying with people from around the globe all while being BLASTED out of my ever loving mind.  You serious?
laugh.gif

Hopefully they do a preorder for next year cause I'm definitely on it.  I had everything planned this year but that checkout process
30t6p3b.gif

BEST COACHELLA TRIP EVER!!! So many suprise guest performances. my only complaint is that frank ocean was wack. he came on stage late and was super wasted but it was still decent. Tyler the creator saved his performance. the weeknd was AMAZING. Swedish house mafia had the BEST visual set hands down. props to kendrick performing multiple times with childish gambino and dre.

Usher, wiz khalifa, rhianna, 50 cent, eminem and so many others making appearances.

Dre/Snoop whole set...wow..amazing. Watching The Weeknd right now. Dope as well. Going to check ASAP and M83 after this. Gotta find 720p versions of these soon. Hopefully they pop up somewhere.

the entire weekend was great. Standouts: Gary Clark Jr. Arraab muzik, shm, zedds dead, santigold, childish gambino, and at the drive in. Wack/could have been better: weeknd, David guetta, frank ocean, justice

but maaaaaan when that Tupac holograph came out...ya boy thought he was gone off one too many. Almost made me call my mama! Watching grown men weep and stuff. Surreal stuff

however, Coachella 2012 = Douche-chella 2012 :'(

flatout amazing weekend. yes, tons of Frat douches out there, way more than i thought there'd be.

glad i got to witness what many are calling one of the greatest Coachella sets ever, right up there with Daft Punk & Prince...

This is my 3rd year in a row of camping. I was pretty disappointed by the line-up going into the festival and wasn't expecting a repeat of 2010 or 2011. Having two weekends waters down the talent available to play as they have to play back to back weekends in the desert.

My favorites were Dr. Dre & Snoop, Justice, Radiohead & Modeselektor.

Musical highlights of the festival:

- meeting porter robinson in the sahara tent at nero
- the shins' cover of pink floyd
- dr dre and snoop channeling 2pac (i had the chronic in cassette)
- justice restoring my faith in the potential in "live" french house music
- modeselektor playing proper techno

Lowlights:

- the black keys stage presence (come on they were here last year!)
- friday's windy weather
- anything related to swedish house mafia - (I can't believe how hard people (music n00bs) ride Swedish House Mafia/Alesso/Avicii. I heard them playing the exact same songs in the exact same order! Who wants to hear the same song 5 times a festival? And in the same row?
- Jersey Shore meat heads dancing violently @ Calvin Harris

Outstanding performance by Dre and Snoop. The Hologram
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The special guests
pimp.gif

So with Jay 2 years ago, Kanye last year, and Dre and Snoop yesterday.....who do you guys think will be the hip hop headliner next year?

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Musical highlights of the festival:

- meeting porter robinson in the sahara tent at nero
im jelly!!1
ive had his spitfire ep on repeat for awhile.

totally agree with you on the SHM thing. Alesso is a hack and the 3 of them are douches, or they present themselves that way.

Back
Top Bottom