Coachella 2012 : April 13-15, 20-22 in Indio, CA Streaming on Youtube THIS WEEKEND

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Based Mod

just got back home. jesus christ that was an amazing weekend. no drugs requred.
Would you or any others care to elaborate on your experience?  Any crazy experiences, tips for those considering going in the future, Do's/Dont's, etc...

I caught a good portion of the streams and me and my friends were even more disappointed we couldn't make it this year...
mad.gif
frown.gif

Like, I can just imagine it being a surreal experience.  Three days of seeing my favorite artists live (esp. Radiohead & The Black Keys), being put on to new ones, partying with people from around the globe all while being BLASTED out of my ever loving mind.  You serious?
laugh.gif

Hopefully they do a preorder for next year cause I'm definitely on it.  I had everything planned this year but that checkout process
30t6p3b.gif

Tips:  
1) Shuttle it to the polo fields if you can.  last night, we had to sit in the parking lot for literally 1.5hours because the parking situation is such a nightmare.  ZERO movement in those 1.5 hours because we were in the back lot and they had to empty the lots towards the front before we could go.

2) If there's an EDM artist playing the same time as another artist you want to see, skip the EDM dj.  those dudes are in vegas every weekend.  some of my friends skipped out on the first half of dre and snoop's set cause they wanted to see avicii for the 5th time
indifferent.gif

3) Hand sanitizer.

was kendrick' set streamed?  missed out on it and i can't find anything on youtube.  and why was dude's voice extra raspy when he performed the recipe with dre?  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Word is that the hologram cost as much as $500K. Dre paid it out of his own pocket.. He got permission from Afeni, and made a donation to the Tupac Foundation
Respect to Dre.
He can afford it.

The hologram was dope...but it makes me a little bit sad seeing how real it looks while knowing that he's gone for good, and that we will never see him in the flesh again.

Originally Posted by Prada G

Word is that the hologram cost as much as $500K. Dre paid it out of his own pocket.. He got permission from Afeni, and made a donation to the Tupac Foundation
Respect to Dre.
He can afford it.

I heard different. word is, Coachella handed him a blank check and said do what you need to do with this...

and Outkast next year.

Originally Posted by Nash

The hologram was dope...but it makes me a little bit sad seeing how real it looks while knowing that he's gone for good, and that we will never see him in the flesh again.

Same here 
tired.gif

People are really acting like that Dre show was better than Kanyes last year? Prisoners of the moment I guess.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Prada G

Respect to Dre.
He can afford it.

I heard different. word is, Coachella handed him a blank check and said do what you need to do with this...

and Outkast next year.

If he didn't pay for the Hologram it's whatever.. But Afeni confirmed he asked her permission, and personally donated to the foundation...

Either way I'm glad he showed respect to Afeni. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

People are really acting like that Dre show was better than Kanyes last year? Prisoners of the moment I guess.

but everyone i talked to at the Fest who saw both sets said Dre was better. this #%@% was once in a lifetime, (twice if it's the same set next weekend). when you have GUESTS who can headline the festival you're doing something right.

and i've never felt like #%@% for this long...what a weekend man...was contemplating going to the hospital this morning.

but everyone i talked to at the Fest who saw both sets said Dre was better. this #%@% was once in a lifetime, (twice if it's the same set next weekend). when you have GUESTS who can headline the festival you're doing something right.

and i've never felt like #%@% for this long...what a weekend man...was contemplating going to the hospital this morning.
Dre's show was way better than Kanye's self-gratuitous act. Even The Strokes made fun of Kanye and his fans before he took the stage. 
The Chronic is a classic featuring probably the best rap song of all time.

I was at both, I walked out on Kanye's set after the 5th song because of how corny he was on stage (while wearing female clothing). I'd say that even Jay-Z's performance in 2010 was even better than Yeezy's in 2011. 

Dre, Snoop, Nate Dogg & Pac Tribute > Anything Kanye could put on the stage. 

Prisoners of the moment? More like prisoners of better taste. 

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Dre's show was way better than Kanye's self-gratuitous act. Even The Strokes made fun of Kanye and his fans before he took the stage. 

I was at both, I walked out on Kanye's set after the 5th song because of how corny he was on stage (while wearing female clothing). I'd say that even Jay-Z's performance in 2010 was even better than Yeezy's in 2011. 

So I guess pouring out all your emotion on stage and giving back thanks to your fans is self gratuitous now? Alright 
laugh.gif
. Funny mentioning the Strokes when Julian Casablancas is probably on the same level of Kanye when it comes to douchiness. Still love the dude though
smokin.gif
,nomo
tumblr_lju6geiEnW1qbkedfo1_500.gif

I saw that Kanye performance live, not at Coachella, but the same exact show at Milwaukee Summerfest (+ some Kid Cudi cameos)

And it was hands down the best show I've ever seen.

Snoop brought out Wiz and performed Young, Wild, and Free
indifferent.gif
FOH

Yeah, would it have been fun to see all those songs I grew up on... sure, but Kanye's show had more emotion, was more artistic, and was over all from a show stand point, a BETTER show.

A few cameos from washed up rappers and a hologram is all it takes to impress these guys huh?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

<---- Still recovering. What a weekend.

yup, i STILL feel like %#!@
indifferent.gif

and Crag, i'm a HUGE Kanye stan, but c'mon. Kanye was out of shape and definitely not putting on one of his best performances. the Summerfest and Coachella shows were NOT the same.
A few cameos from washed up rappers
roll.gif
roll.gif
it's not like 50 came out and played the new single off his album...son came out to WHAT UP GANGSTA. the crowd went APE%&$# when that dropped. EMINEM played FORGOT ABOUT D.R.E. there is honestly no way to describe how @+%++%% insane this crowd was. it was a nonstop party.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

So I guess pouring out all your emotion on stage and giving back thanks to your fans is self gratuitous now? Alright 
laugh.gif
. Funny mentioning the Strokes when Julian Casablancas is probably on the same level of Kanye when it comes to douchiness. Still love the dude though
smokin.gif
,nomo
tumblr_lju6geiEnW1qbkedfo1_500.gif
No... but I found coming out Jesus walks with a harem of women worshipping him like he was god very self-gratuitous.  

I dont know how you Kanye stans can ride him so hard. Probably the same Kanye Stans who probably are jumping up and down when he performed 'bammaz in paradise' 10 times at Watch the Throne tour. You call that music? LOL

I used to like him and appreciate his music a lot. I guess it's easy to get caught up in his hype when decent rap/hiphop records are few and far between these days. 

*Shrugs shoulders* 

Ignoramus' gone be ignorant. 

PJ and Bompton wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
it's not like 50 came out and played the new single off his album...son came out to WHAT UP GANGSTA. the crowd went APE**** when that dropped. EMINEM played FORGOT ABOUT D.R.E. there is honestly no way to describe how !$%++%@ insane this crowd was. it was a nonstop party.

^^^^You might want to edit your post, but yeah the crowd when 50 came out went bananas.   
To say that it wasn't a great set means that you are a straight hater or you weren't there and wish you were. 

Originally Posted by bballah3

PJ and Bompton wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
it's not like 50 came out and played the new single off his album...son came out to WHAT UP GANGSTA. the crowd went APE**** when that dropped. EMINEM played FORGOT ABOUT D.R.E. there is honestly no way to describe how !$%++%@ insane this crowd was. it was a nonstop party.

^^^^You might want to edit your post, but yeah the crowd when 50 came out went bananas.   
To say that it wasn't a great set means that you are a straight hater or you weren't there and wish you were. 

I'm not saying it wasn't a great set, I'm not denying it would have been a ton of fun, but the set relied on guest appearances, and a hologram, how are you going to possibly say it's a better overall show than the Kanye performance? Seeing "Runaway" performed that way alone is > than that show, and then the way he ended with Lost in the World and Hey Mama...

Haters.

Back
Top Bottom