Coachella 2012 : April 13-15, 20-22 in Indio, CA Streaming on Youtube THIS WEEKEND

Friday- kendrick, neon indian, death grips, rapture, m83

Sat-black lips, firehose, buzzcocks, st.vincent, flying lotus, SBTRKT, A$AP

Sun- nost of beats antique,araab muzik, weeknd, justice, girl talk, snoop and dre.

I had a great @%#+*!! time, especially with this being my first time at coachella

Did the car camping thing, which was quite the experience.

Highlights:
1. Refused...just great, the energy was there throughout the entire set, and I got too see "rather be dead" and "new noise" live...enough said.
2. The Black Lips...my roomie/coachella partner recommended them to me, and they put on a great set....even brought out a biggie smalls cardboard which I thought was great
roll.gif
pimp.gif

3. At-The Drive In- the only thing that ruined this for me was all the dr.dre/snoop fans who made it hard as hell to maneuver myself to the front....but they played a lot of non-relationship of command songs, and sounded tight even after all these years.
4. The Weeknd...I was up against the barrier, so my perception might be different than others, but I thought he and his band sounded great, though i will agree a bit of the ambiance and mood of his music is lost in live translation.
ASAP was a fool for going thru the crowd
roll.gif

5. Company Flow...this was another long time wish come true. Big Juss, El-P, and Mr. Len killed it!
Final co-flow performance ever...Best moment for me, hands down, was singing "8 steps of perfection, and "the full ******" to end the set, with all the other co flow fans who were going crazy  as El-P performed right in front of me and all the other fans wylin' out....got footage of this too
pimp.gif

6. Kendrick Lamar-they really gave him a +$$# spot (main stage, at 2:40, in the god awful sun), but dude has too much energy and charisma to disappoint live. Was I the only one more excited to see him do "the recipe" on sunday with dre than 50, em, warren g, 2pac, etc?
7. Radiohead...I hadn't seen them live in about a decade. Definitely got chills during their set, and apparently we were quite lucky that they played "exit Music" (so says my friend who is a radiohead freak)
8. GIRLS....another one my roomie recommended....saw part of their set and was really impressed with the singer,
9. Dre/Snoop....I was utterly impressed by them. I must admit that as much as they are part of my childhood, I was a bit skeptical that they would be able to follow up jigga and kanye but they really went all out with the stage set up, live band, and just great setlist.

Did anyone have a moment of sadness as Dre/Snoop performed? Like when you finally realized the party  was coming to end and you had to go back home?
frown.gif

p.s...props to the coachella staff for doing their best to try to keep the fans cool....those water guns at the do lab and at the front of stages were a lifesaver. Even had the folks at drink stands pour ice and water on me before I melted

i've gotta say, before Dre & Snoop were performing i didn't think about it, but ONCE they ended Coachella depression set in.

For you guys that went. how much did the weekend run you not including airfare and the tickets? 

Originally Posted by McRaptor

For you guys that went. how much did the weekend run you not including airfare and the tickets? 

$75 on food that we brought up there, half a tank of gas and $60 for eating those bomb @%! yakisobe noodles they had/water

75 on food sounds on point, split last second walmart necessities with my brother (40+ dollars for chips, soda, jack daniels, beer, tent things travel size toothbrush/soap/shampoo etc)

and split gas as well.

If you want to get there and just not die then yeah that sounds right.

But if you want to be comfortable and maximize your enjoyment, it's gonna take more.

You'll need:

1. Rental car. A place to lock your stuff, AC if necessary, and charging station. Plus gets you into car camping, which is >>>>> tent camping. ($100-200).

2. Canopy. We didn't even take a tent and just got sidewalls for the canopy. Worked out perfectly. ($50-200).

3. Chairs and a table. To chill during the day. You'll be chilling at the campsite for at least 5 hours a day. ($50).

4. Food and drinks. So you don't have to spend money buying $8 gyros or $12 cocktails. ($100-200).

5. Random supplies. Wet wipes, lighters, vitamins, hand sanitizer, flashlight, solo cups, etc. ($50).

That's a minimum. We split these costs so it really wasn't that much at all, but skimping on a trip like this is just a recipe for disaster and discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom