Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man I’m so disappointed in Dak it’s crazy. Wanted to see him do numbers, but couldn’t care less now.

This is what Dak had to say.

"I’m glad they came to an agreement in some form or another. I’ll be out there standing."

I haven’t played madden or any video games since like 01, never was big on football jerseys. Do own a few 9er shirts, been a fan since their last super bowl. Bought a couple chief shirts for my son since we moved to kc. Plan on going to the home opener vs this the 9ers this season. Usually watch on Sundays.

Don’t feel like I’m supporting racism or anything, but hearing y’all say y’all dont **** with football at all anymore got me feeling like I ain’t down for the cause. :stoneface:
Be your own person. Don’t feel pressured to do something you don’t want to do. There was a lot of shaming going on Twitter last year “ if you watch NFL you a buscuit boy” which doesn’t gain you any supporters

Be your own person. Don’t feel pressured to do something you don’t want to do. There was a lot of shaming going on Twitter last year “ if you watch NFL you a buscuit boy” which doesn’t gain you any supporters

Just talking fam. Been watching ball for 20+ years.

Those NFL owners and anyone who supports that kind of policy are some very fragile snowflakes. One of our former prime ministers got caught not knowing our national anthem and it wasn't really a big deal. Much of any controversy came from what it could do to our image abroad. Most of our national football team doesn't bother singing the anthem either and nobody cares whether or not they do so. So from my point of view that degree of obsession with a national anthem or the flag is something straight out of a cult to me.

This is what Dak had to say.

"I’m glad they came to an agreement in some form or another. I’ll be out there standing."

Was done with him when they asked him did he consider kneeling and he said no. Never thought about. He just wanted to go out and play for his country and his team. :lol::lol: Cuz said playing for his country.

Those NFL owners and anyone who supports that kind of policy are some very fragile snowflakes. One of our former prime ministers got caught not knowing our national anthem and it wasn't really a big deal. Much of any controversy came from what it could do to our image abroad. Most of our national football team doesn't bother singing the anthem either and nobody cares whether or not they do so. So from my point of view that degree of obsession with a national anthem or the flag is something straight out of a cult to me.

It makes no sense to me either. My mom knows absolutely nothing about sports, and she asked "Why do they even play the national anthem between 2 teams that are already in the US? Why do they care what people are doing during the anthem?" (This was before I explained that that the fans don't care about the anthem, they are against what the protest is about and are using fake patriotism to mask their feelings)

Where my parents are from, they only play national anthems during major international sports ceremonies or major national events/holidays such as Independence Day.

its like suffer us every indignity and yet refrain from even the most passive display of discontent for our continued pleasure

They play that trash to keep the patriotism garbage flowing. Same with the pledge in grade school. “Your country need me you!” type propaganda so people are honored when they’re drafted for wars rich white men start to make money. Save all that

Word to the countless Army and Marines commercials during sports games :smh:

It works, too. If you're a meathead that's not good enough to be in the NFL, here's another option to prove your masculinity!

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...-protest-national-anthem-take-freedom-granted

I grew up in MS and I can’t imagine his experiences were much different in LA. Also graduated from MS State and I know how much they love football and the **** players get away with in the city. Dude had MS at #1 in the country for a month and they didn’t give a **** about him once he was done playing ball in Starkville. Got a DUI in the city right before the draft. I’ve seen football players get away with everything except murder and rape in Starkville while they were playing. Dude was done and they didn’t care what happened to him. No way he would’ve gotten that dui if he had another year left to play.

US sports are just military recruiting ceremony. Watched 76ers all year, after every 1st qtr they brung out some military dude to give him an award. U.S is a militaristic, war society that has infected almost all forms of entertainment.

It’s not about the flag to them. It’s using the flag as a means of saying stand in line and do as your told.

Go to any game during the anthem and people are taking selfies, drinking beer, wearing their hats and not having their right hand across their heart all while the consecion stand lines are filled with people chatting away with no care to the anthem that’s playing. The biggest iron knee I saw was at a game in DC last season. Some guy with a “I stand” shirt was proudly standing for the anthem while rocking his MAGA hat with no clue to flag etiquette.

The anthem is stupid though when two teams playing in the US play each other. I can somewhat rationalize it when NHL teams play Canadian teams or when NBA and MLB teams play the Raptors or Blue Jays. Games are already long as hell as it is. The anthem just drags things out and provides nothing but a self imposed patriotism circle jerk.

As for the whole respect the flag stuff. It is what it is. People have made it well known it’s not about that. On the flip side. The people pissed off don’t bother to consider that not everyone’s lived experience in America is the same as theirs and maybe there’s a reason not everyone shares he same enthusiasm for the red white and blue as they do. Actually I take that back. They don’t give a **** about that.

Why the NFL kisses their *** so much is beyond me. Go in the Fox News comments or any other comment section on this and the damn near collective opinion is “too little, too late” “I’m still not watching” “they’re only doing this now cause we hurt their pockets”

Lastly. It would be funny to see players shift the narrative and take a page from the NYPD who partook in a nonviolent protest against Mayor DeBlasio and turned their back to him at cop funerals and do the same and turn their back when the anthem is playing. The stuff they said today mentioned kneeling. It didn’t say anything about turning your back when the anthem is playing. And personally that sends more of a statement than kneeling does.

It’s not about the flag to them. It’s using the flag as a means of saying stand in line and do as your told.

Go to any game during the anthem and people are taking selfies, drinking beer, wearing their hats and not having their right hand across their heart all while the consecion stand lines are filled with people chatting away with no care to the anthem that’s playing. The biggest iron knee I saw was at a game in DC last season. Some guy with a “I stand” shirt was proudly standing for the anthem while rocking his MAGA hat with no clue to flag etiquette.

The anthem is stupid though when two teams playing in the US play each other. I can somewhat rationalize it when NHL teams play Canadian teams or when NBA and MLB teams play the Raptors or Blue Jays. Games are already long as hell as it is. The anthem just drags things out and provides nothing but a self imposed patriotism circle jerk.

As for the whole respect the flag stuff. It is what it is. People have made it well known it’s not about that. On the flip side. The people pissed off don’t bother to consider that not everyone’s lived experience in America is the same as theirs and maybe there’s a reason not everyone shares he same enthusiasm for the red white and blue as they do. Actually I take that back. They don’t give a **** about that.

Why the NFL kisses their *** so much is beyond me. Go in the Fox News comments or any other comment section on this and the damn near collective opinion is “too little, too late” “I’m still not watching” “they’re only doing this now cause we hurt their pockets”

Lastly. It would be funny to see players shift the narrative and take a page from the NYPD who partook in a nonviolent protest against Mayor DeBlasio and turned their back to him at cop funerals and do the same and turn their back when the anthem is playing. The stuff they said today mentioned kneeling. It didn’t say anything about turning your back when the anthem is playing. And personally that sends more of a statement than kneeling does.

These same STAND up and respect the flag clowns don't give a flying leap about the service men and women who are suffering. These idiots talked about wanting to leave the country doing the Obama years. Excellent post calling this for what it is which is using patriotism to mask racism.

These same STAND up and respect the flag clowns don't give a flying leap about the service men and women who are suffering. These idiots talked about wanting to leave the country doing the Obama years. Excellent post calling this for what it is which is using patriotism to mask racism.
The military themselves don’t care about its own servicemen. Look at PTSD victims and vet coverage. Everything people want to believe via the commercials is a lie. More old vets get dock pills than actual help

It’s support the troops until the troops are on board with players kneeling or said troops talk about negative experiences they had while serving.

Once that happens the tone goes from respect the troops to “you served for all the wrong reasons”

I had a few white coworkers last year comment how they like college ball better because “the schools wouldn’t put up with this”. You think the NFL is bad, college football is even worse with how they treat players, and the biggest teams have the biggest racist fanbases (Alabama, FL State, Georgia, Texas, etc.)

I haven’t played madden or any video games since like 01, never was big on football jerseys. Do own a few 9er shirts, been a fan since their last super bowl. Bought a couple chief shirts for my son since we moved to kc. Plan on going to the home opener vs this the 9ers this season. Usually watch on Sundays.

Don’t feel like I’m supporting racism or anything, but hearing y’all say y’all dont **** with football at all anymore got me feeling like I ain’t down for the cause. :stoneface:

I stopped supporting the nfl for a laundry list of reasons. If you watch how they handle controversial issues, they prove time and time again that they view their athletes as little more than cattle and don’t give a damn about social issues. Domestic violence, cte, anthem protests are just SOME of the issues where their actions show how they really feel.

Back
Top Bottom