College Basketball: Rank your top freshmen

Thank goodness basketball is back. Hopefully there would be some sort of order restored to sports because the football teams sure aren't doing it. Withthat being said, some of these freshmen are straight ballers. Although most of them are not true freshmen (who is these days?) I was impressed by all of theirdebuts. Let's rank em.

1. Derrick Rose - Memphis. He can jump out the building, run the floor, spot up, create his own shot, attack the glass, and pass with his eyes closed.All-around player. He's Jason Kidd with a jumpshot.

2. Eric Gordon - IU. The real Marcus Jordan should be playing like him. (EG played Marcus in Space Jam) A high-flyer with a sweet stroke from the outside.Pretty good vision, ok defense. He's a finisher though. Expect him to have the highest scoring average amongst the frosh.

3. Kevin Love - UCLA. He's so fundamentally sound and efficient. Kills with left or right hand and is the best passing big man. His outlet passes are moneyand he can light it up from the arc as well. Not the best athlete but has quick feet and post moves.

4. Michael Beasley - K-State. He's a beast. People say K.Love is the top post player, but don't forget about this guy. He's going to facedouble-teams every game, so he needs to improve passing and vision. He can shoot the mid-range and the outside, which is going to create match-up problems.Most athletic big man.

5. OJ Mayo - USC. He's been the top dog in this class for years, which might of taken a toll on him. He's not a true PG, so he needs to play the two.Expect big things from him in the Pac-10. though. Good at creating his own shot and can score from anywhere on the floor if he's on it. I just think itmight be a one-man show at SC.

Honorable Mention - Austin Freeman, Johnny Flynn, Kyle Singler

Our Syracuse boys get NO love.
laugh.gif

Watch by the end of the year...
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ no Donte Greene anywhere in your post.

And to say Love is not the best athlete is an understatement.
laugh.gif

Reminding me of a Montross/Tyler combination.
laugh.gif

Beasley
Love
Rose
Gordon
Mayo

I honestly could make a case for anyone on this five to be number 1. they are all ridiculous in there own way

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ya boy Flynn is made hon. mention.

Cmon, Love and Beasley will slaughter Greene.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by S23A

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ya boy Flynn is made hon. mention.

Cmon, Love and Beasley will slaughter Greene.
grin.gif

I'm not arguing any of them not making your top 5. But I'm saying, Greene doesn't deserve an honorable mention?
laugh.gif

Rose and Gordon are a cut above everyone else in the class... but even without those two, this is one of the best freshmen classes ever, imo.

Yea. Hard to believe, but this class might top last years. Last year was the best in recent memory, but when all is said and done, I see the top five picks ofthe draft on my list.

I watched UCLA play yesterday, and I liked what I saw in Love.

But c'mon Warriors, trade up for Rose. That would solve our problems.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Rose and Gordon are a cut above everyone else in the class... but even without those two, this is one of the best freshmen classes ever, imo.
That's why I was a firm believer in the age rule.

I'd love to see it go to 2 years minimum in college so that we could get some rivalries like the glory years of college hoops. AI, Ray Ray, Kittles, Timmy,Joe Smith, Vince, Sheed, Jamison, Stack, Fab 5, etc all stayed at LEAST 2 years in school.

(EG played Marcus in Space Jam)

no he didn't

wiki:
There is a myth that he played Michael Jordan's son, Marcus, in the movie Space Jam; however, that was a different Eric Gordon. There are conflicting reports on this tale. Sportscenter recently mentioned the myth.

�O RLY?

t1gordonak5.jpg

They look identical. But I did the math and Gordon would of been eight years old when SJ came out. That dingbat looks five at the most, so I thought it mightbe a coincidence.
But then again, guys like Greg Oden, OJ Mayo and Reggie (below) who claim to be a certain age but don't look like�it,�confuseme.

��

Austin Daye mention.
pimp.gif

19.0, 7.0, 2.0, 1.5, and 4.0 through two games.

Anyway, Mayo and Beasley are at the top of the class to me, but I don't really follow college recruiting that much so I haven't seen a lot of Gordon,Rose, or Love. Mayo, on the other hand, I've seen numerous times.

its Beasley, Gordon, Rose, and MEyo.

too hard to say who's better than who right now, but that's your top freshman and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
That's why I was a firm believer in the age rule.

I'd love to see it go to 2 years minimum in college so that we could get some rivalries like the glory years of college hoops. AI, Ray Ray, Kittles, Timmy, Joe Smith, Vince, Sheed, Jamison, Stack, Fab 5, etc all stayed at LEAST 2 years in school.

Bobby Knight has a great take on that rule, i'll see if i can find it.

Until I see Kevin Love rise up and finish strong, I can't put him above Rose, Gordon, Beasley, or even Mayo. I hope he doesn't turn out to be the nextSean May ...

1.Mike Beasley
2. Derrick Rose
3. Eric Gordon
4. O.J. Mayo
5. Kevin Love
6. Kyle Singler
7. Donte Green
8. Kostas Koufos
9. Johnny Flynn
10. Anthony Randolph

Honorable Mention to Austin Freeman at G'Town. Dude will be a problem but with Hibbert, Jon Wallace, Sapp, etc. He won't be needed to put up hugenumbers. Him and Chris Wright are definately gonna be a problem for the Big East though.

Not too high on the Dukies besides Singler. Dude's a really smart player and that mid-range is money.

Back
Top Bottom