College Dropouts = How's life right now?

I know a few dropouts/didnt enroll that are doing well at the moment, but it seems like that will be "stuck" in that stage forever and never move up
but then again I dont fully believe college=immediate success

but for those who did give up the books, hows it going? have you moved out? planning to go back? hating life or thug ballin?

just wondering

Im takin time off school right now since my daughter was born. i only have 2 semesters to go. Im trying to join the Coast Guards so I can work near home andhave them pay for school. But as for right now, I got my crib, car, girl, kid, and chillin
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Im takin time off school right now since my daughter was born. i only have 2 semesters to go. Im trying to join the Coast Guards so I can work near home and have them pay for school. But as for right now, I got my crib, car, girl, kid, and chillin
smokin.gif

haha thats chill as hell
pimp.gif
, congrats on the baby
yo that kanye stoneface is the most serious one ive seen yet
laugh.gif

im taking off fall semester to work, to pay stuff off. then im going to get on the grind and get out of school. the past 3 years have been a waste
smh.gif

Im doing what I want to do and thats whats important. I decided to take a break for a while and its now been 3 years.

I have been acting for the last 3 years and building my resume, im signed with a solid agency in SF and LA, and just landed a spot developing and hosting a webseries. Im am extremely excited and will keep pushing to do what I love...Its a great feeling!

I look forward to going back to school later down the road.

things were tough in the beginning, but once i got my feet on the ground, things picked up pretty quickly

Originally Posted by richKarlmarx

things were tough in the beginning, but once i got my feet on the ground, things picked up pretty quickly

lol so now you're a college dropout?
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dude is still here after the exposure...I'm tellin you he's a mod in disguise

My girl was about to quit before she started, her grandpa told her it would be the biggest mistake of her life, so she didn't quit..she was talking aboutshe wanted to join the national guard.

She's going to school to be a correctional officer though.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I was "thug ballin'" untill i got set-up, i'm on house arrest and probation for a year, I wish Icould still be doing it though, I'm addicted to that life, I got a regular job now doing office work at a slow business, so just playing on the internetall day and playing ps3, I'm going to sign up for college soon, I have a feeling i'll end up going to back to hustlin' when I get off probationthough.
ohwell.gif

^^^ Stephen Glass. *smh*

^^^ Stephen Glass. *smh*
laugh.gif

Shattered Glass is a dope movie, though.

Anyway, I guess I can now be labeled a college dropout.

School has never been my niche, but I always planned on going to college. I've battled back and forth, going, not going, and I've finally decided onceand for all that it just isn't right for me. Not because it is difficult, but because it just isn't an environment I can succeed in; I'm not thatkind of person

I ALWAYS told myself I wouldn't be one of those dudes who worked a 9-5 job, but that's what it's going to be for now.

I have too much to say and too much to contribute to this world to stay down, though; I'm not worried.

I plan on being a writer, if that matters. I don't need school to teach me how to do that; I already excel at it, and the growing I need to do, I can do onmy own. My only concern is what the publishing process is like. Will a publisher love my work, but not publish it because I don't have a degree? I guessI'll just have to be that much better than the college graduate.

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

My girl was about to quit before she started, her grandpa told her it would be the biggest mistake of her life, so she didn't quit..she was talking about she wanted to join the national guard.

She's going to school to be a correctional officer though.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I was "thug ballin'" untill i got set-up, i'm on house arrest and probation for a year, I wish I could still be doing it though, I'm addicted to that life, I got a regular job now doing office work at a slow business, so just playing on the internet all day and playing ps3, I'm going to sign up for college soon, I have a feeling i'll end up going to back to hustlin' when I get off probation though.
ohwell.gif
I was just like you when I was in high school. I made pretty good paper and that ruined me. I got so use to the lifestyle I had no motivation togo to college. I went to please my parents, but now that I'm almost done it feels good.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

^^^ Stephen Glass. *smh*
laugh.gif

School has never been my niche, but I always planned on going to college. I've battled back and forth, going, not going, and I've finally decided once and for all that it just isn't right for me. Not because it is difficult, but because it just isn't an environment I can succeed in; I'm not that kind of person

I ALWAYS told myself I wouldn't be one of those dudes who worked a 9-5 job, but that's what it's going to be for now.

I have too much to say and too much to contribute to this world to stay down, though; I'm not worried.

I plan on being a writer, if that matters. I don't need school to teach me how to do that; I already excel at it, and the growing I need to do, I can do on my own. My only concern is what the publishing process is like. Will a publisher love my work, but not publish it because I don't have a degree? I guess I'll just have to be that much better than the college graduate.

what is your plan if you don't make it as a writer and have to fall back on something else?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I was just like you when I was in high school. I made pretty good paper and that ruined me. I got so use to the lifestyle I had no motivation to go to college. I went to please my parents, but now that I'm almost done it feels good.
I have motivation I really want to go asap, I just need to buy a car first, I'm broke only have 2 G's saved right now, I did everythingyou can possibly think of from selling every drug to pimpin' to bank fraud, the good ol' days lol, Did you stay in high school though? I dropped outand was planning to get my GED soon.
nerd.gif

Show me a college dropout who is making 6 figures without coming from a loaded family, and I will show you an exception to the rule.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Show me a college dropout who is making 6 figures without coming from a loaded family, and I will show you an exception to the rule.
I know a lot of people that are making 6 figures or close to it that were college dropouts or never went. Most own their own business which arepretty safe like towing companies and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I was just like you when I was in high school. I made pretty good paper and that ruined me. I got so use to the lifestyle I had no motivation to go to college. I went to please my parents, but now that I'm almost done it feels good.
I have motivation I really want to go asap, I just need to buy a car first, I'm broke only have 2 G's saved right now, I did everything you can possibly think of from selling every drug to pimpin' to bank fraud, the good ol' days lol, Did you stay in high school though? I dropped out and was planning to get my GED soon.
nerd.gif
i finished high school and was doing really well actually.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

^^^ Stephen Glass. *smh*
laugh.gif

School has never been my niche, but I always planned on going to college. I've battled back and forth, going, not going, and I've finally decided once and for all that it just isn't right for me. Not because it is difficult, but because it just isn't an environment I can succeed in; I'm not that kind of person

I plan on being a writer, if that matters. I don't need school to teach me how to do that; I already excel at it, and the growing I need to do, I can do on my own. My only concern is what the publishing process is like. Will a publisher love my work, but not publish it because I don't have a degree? I guess I'll just have to be that much better than the college graduate.

pimp.gif
I can relate.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I know a lot of people that are making 6 figures or close to it that were college dropouts or never went. Most own their own business which are pretty safe like towing companies and stuff like that.

If you live in New York, making 6 figures is like making 50 gs from where I live
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom