College math unappreciation

Originally Posted by airforce416

smh.gif
seems so pointless. Sometimes i wish i was asian no racist.

I feel you, OP.  I want to be a better basketball player.  Sometimes I wish I was black.  No racist. 

(How is this not locked?)

smh.gif

I feel you, OP.  I want to be a better basketball player.  Sometimes I wish I was black.  No racist. 

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

smh.gif

roll.gif
you mad? Im part asian and i dont see a problem with what he said. people take race stuff up the rear sometimes, damn.

smh.gif

roll.gif
you mad? Im part asian and i dont see a problem with what he said. people take race stuff up the rear sometimes, damn.

i hated math as well,i went to a community college at first and took the accuplacer test which determines if you are ready for college math classes and failed it.
the next 2 years i had to take remedial math classes which SUCKED. finally when it was time to take the main math classes i figured math was always my weakness so i registered online and paid a friend to take them for me and i got A's.

i hated math as well,i went to a community college at first and took the accuplacer test which determines if you are ready for college math classes and failed it.
the next 2 years i had to take remedial math classes which SUCKED. finally when it was time to take the main math classes i figured math was always my weakness so i registered online and paid a friend to take them for me and i got A's.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

roll.gif

You're not mad because it sounds like a compliment.  How about if dude said something like, "Man, I'm tired of it being too tight.  I wish I was Asian.  No racist."  You still
roll.gif
 then?

Originally Posted by Wilroc

roll.gif

You're not mad because it sounds like a compliment.  How about if dude said something like, "Man, I'm tired of it being too tight.  I wish I was Asian.  No racist."  You still
roll.gif
 then?

Originally Posted by he told on me

What about limits involving horitzontal and vertical asymptotes and sine of theta over theta. My teacher just tell us the material not teach it.

For example: lim h-- 0 cos h - 1/h
Dont you have to mess around with the trig identities?  I'm way beyond "rusty" when it comes to trig functions but I know you just want to multiply, divide, etc.. the given equation with different functions to make certain identities.  Some of them turn out to 0 or 1.  Im sure you can Google them..   

What about limits involving horitzontal and vertical asymptotes and sine of theta over theta. My teacher just tell us the material not teach it.

Dont you have to mess around with the trig identities?  I'm way beyond "rusty" when it comes to trig functions but I know you just want to multiply, divide, etc.. the given equation with different functions to make certain identities.  Some of them turn out to 0 or 1.  Im sure you can Google them..   

smh.gif
got me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. if it makes you feel better, im asian and i've taken 2 withdraws from calc alone.

Im struggling with Algebra II yeah i said it, Algebra II. I dont even need this !+*$ to be a Journalist. Man #@+! college
smh.gif

smh.gif
got me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. if it makes you feel better, im asian and i've taken 2 withdraws from calc alone.

Im struggling with Algebra II yeah i said it, Algebra II. I dont even need this !+*$ to be a Journalist. Man #@+! college
smh.gif

I have not done math since 08 and I know it will suck when I try again. Its terrible. I will have to work very hard to do well at it. Tutors are needed

I have not done math since 08 and I know it will suck when I try again. Its terrible. I will have to work very hard to do well at it. Tutors are needed

Ever since 6th grade.... Algebra and any form after it, is like reading Arabic. Makes no sense whatsoever...

Ever since 6th grade.... Algebra and any form after it, is like reading Arabic. Makes no sense whatsoever...

Math was always my worst subject, especially trig and calculus
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  I hated those classes because I just knew I would never have to use any of that stuff in real life, so I didn't see why I was being forced to take them.  I was a criminal justice major also btw.

Math was always my worst subject, especially trig and calculus
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  I hated those classes because I just knew I would never have to use any of that stuff in real life, so I didn't see why I was being forced to take them.  I was a criminal justice major also btw.

This seems to be the overall issue with the way math is taught in the us. Math is taught like a vocabulary class where they assume you know all the definitions. They always use the excuse, " you shoulda learned this in your previous grade" and not everybody has the same background in math which is what most ppl ignorantly assume. 

This seems to be the overall issue with the way math is taught in the us. Math is taught like a vocabulary class where they assume you know all the definitions. They always use the excuse, " you shoulda learned this in your previous grade" and not everybody has the same background in math which is what most ppl ignorantly assume. 

Back
Top Bottom