Color Photography from Russia in the Early 1900’s (I Am Sorry If I Am Late)

eek.gif

lost of words...

thats really cool. whenever i see black and white photos, they seem so far removed and alien from our current time, you really get the sense that your lookingat a different time and place.

but now when i see color photos from back then, they dont even really seem real. weird

OMG.... those pictures look like they're from the 60's instead of 50 years prior... this is blowing my mind. These are without a doubt the earliestcolor photos I've ever seen.... unreal

Crazy how some of the pictures look better then some modern day stuff. Some of those seem unreal.

It is hard to believe the fact that a century ago, much of Europe and Asia were still ruled by emperors, arch dukes and Caesars (the Tsar in Russia and theKaiser in Germany). World War one was, in many ways the final blow to the world of warrior-aristocrats and ancient views of honor in war.

Those pictures show a world on the verge of that period of momentous change.

The picture also shows that the Russian Empire ruled over many non Slavic people including millions of Central Asian Muslims. I am surprised that the RussiaEmpire never faced more resistance from its Muslim subjects.

Originally Posted by derventa

Like somebody left as a comment, this makes history seem real.

What's good with people having the
indifferent.gif
look in each picture though and not
happy.gif
?

roll.gif
roll.gif
Guess smiling in pictures wasn't mainstream yet, word to digital cameras.

Imagine in another 100 years, how will people be look down upon us, with a plethora of pictures available digitally??

I was talking with a buddy of mine and we were wondering because of digital pictures if there would be as many pictures left in 100 years. Yes they have theability to last that long but how easy is it to erase them and lose them. Also I hate the fact that everyone erases any picture that is not "perfect"of them. Some of the best times are looking back and laughing at that funny pic that you snapped, but now people say "lemme see that" and they say"thats terrible" and hit the delete button and its gone.

Didnt mean to jack your thread. The pics are mazing. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom