COMING 2 AMERICA PART 2 IN THE WORKS

87DDEC8A-872F-4968-96B2-321B9CAAEA73.jpeg

Yeah, you heard it. This movie will be PG-13..
My hopes for this movie has dropped tremendously. The original one was rated R and this is how the second one should be.. Now it’s a guarantee that this movie isn’t going to be that funny.. Thoughts?

I don't even know what the ratings mean at this point but I question why this was done.

Doing a sequel 33 years later is crazy. I was born when the first one came out. :lol:

I trust Eddie and Arsenio though. I don't think they would touch it unless it's good.

I have low expectations for this movie so hoping to be pleasantly surprised. My only guess on why it got a PG-13 rating is they thought they could market it as a holiday movie for the theaters (before deciding to pull it from theaters for obvious reasons). I'm just hoping they can have some decent lines in it and it doesn't feel like they had to hold back because of the 13 rating.

I know that they can do some magical things with trailers, and then not so magical. We'll see.

It'll be good. I'm not pressed over the rating. The R-rated original in '88 could slide as PG-13 in 2021 too.

It'll be good. I'm not pressed over the rating. The R-rated original in '88 could slide as PG-13 in 2021 too.
Lol no it couldn’t. Almost all of his early classics were Rated R. His newer movies have not been as edgy. Part 2 being PG-13 makes me feel like we are getting a Norbit/Klumps type movie.

Lol no it couldn’t. Almost all of his early classics were Rated R. His newer movies have not been as edgy. Part 2 being PG-13 makes me feel like we are getting a Norbit/Klumps type movie.
Yes, it could. The rating standards aren’t nearly as stringent as they were back then. Violence/profanity on network TV is more on-par with the R-rated movies of the 80s and 90s.

What about the Royal bathers? :lol:
The movie was literally filled with profanity. I don’t even think Samuel L Jackson cameo alone would pass for PG-13.

Back
Top Bottom