Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

Im using the Gspace extension for FireFox and I got a question.

I uploaded a couple of basketball videos and it was successful. But when I tried to download them back onto my computer, the file wasn't .wmv anymore.

Instead, it becomes .wmv_gs2 or .wmv_gs1.....

And I can't open it up obviously.

Does this mean I needa convert it back to .wmv?

What do I do to be able to view it again?
.::HOUSTON::..[/center]

^ Just remove the extra characters after the wmv.

**If after you download the file, it looks like this (no extension)...:

1213294.png

...then you have to do this:

Start > Run > type "explorer.exe" (no quotes) and press enter > Tools > Folder Options > View Tab > Uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes" and click OK.

Now your icons should look like this (with extension):

12135sm.png

^^ That doesn't work man.

The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format. PLaying the file may result in unexpected behavior.

Do you want the Player to try to play the file?

Don't ask me again for this extension

Yes No

That crap comes up. Its a .wmv file so it should be able to play in Windows Media Player but what the hell? Its not playing.

Remember, Im using the Gspace extension for Firefox. All this mug does is send files to your gmail space as an attachment so you can download it again later.

Edit: Or maybe the file is too big for it to be uploaded to gSpace and it get corrupted?

But the latest version of gSpace allows more then 10MB now though...
My file is about 18MB

.::HOUSTON::..[/center]

a couple months ago I aquired a virus or infection.

I have adaware se and AVG and i run them frequently but this keeps coming back.

I always get a ton of popup ads.

what should i do?
nikedunk.ytmnd.com

my mouse mysteriously stops workin. I dont believe i need a need a new mouse because right before it totally stops working, it lags and the time clock thing comes on. then after few scrolls it just stops workin and i have to turn my comp off to get it to work again(sometimes i have to turn it off twice.

any suggestions on what i should do?
WE MASTERED THIS,
DONT YOU KNOW I EAT *ETHER* AND BREATHE ACID WEAK BASTARDS!!!

www.soundclick.com/nephilimofkingsamongstslaves

hey guys, i tried running the program Ad-Aware but it freezes while it scans my system... i left it scanning over night to make sure that i wasn't rushing things, but when i looked at it in the morning the program was frozen...

i tried un-installing and re-installing the program but that didn't seem to work... anyone got any ideas on what i should do next? thanks.
just my $.02

Yo! What's up? Anyways, I need help. I've had a little problem for a while. If I save a picture on from internet onto my computer (whether its jpg, gif, etc.), it automatically saves as a 'bmp' 'untitled' picture. So if it's a 'gif' it won't save as a 'gif' so I just get a motionless picture. And I remember when I use to click "Save Picture As.." the title would be whatever the picture is named but now its always 'untitled'. SOmeone please help.

at first i thought it was just photobucket.com, but now I cannot access any image hosting websites. I tried to visit tinypic on my computer and the page just remains blank. this is really starting to piss me off.
[/b]​

I need some help with something on my computer aswell.Whenever I try to watch a movie.The video skips and lags and looks jaggy.The audio plays fine but the video just skips and freezes and lags alot.Anyone know whats wrong?
Boing Boing Boing..

Hey can anybody help me find out whats wrong with my comp. When i try to sign on to sites like yahoo or hotmail all i get is "The page cannot be displayed" when all other sites i visit work. Any suggestions to what i should do?
s?ref=5ZT75Ul3_2aIrNA49XxhwBTRH:nerd:]BLINGO![/url]​

So uh, my computer crashed, I tried installing the audio drivers from the cd that came with my mother board, and it's not working. I don't have any sound! I have a MSI KT3 Ultra board. Someone help! Where can I get these drivers?

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-MAIL[/td][td]EBAY[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Go TWINS T-WOLVES VIKINGS!

Hey, where can i get a good NT avatar?
you know how they say that Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just like regular Dr. Pepper? Well somebody F***** up!!!

nnarum

Try getting the latest drivers from msi. They have an online update that is supposed to suggest the newest drivers for your mobo. MSI
I'm assuming you are just using the onboard sound, and not a sound card. You might also try going into the control panel and check that in sounds and audio devices that it is all pointing to the right place. It seems like that kind of stuff should be automatically picked up, but you know how pc's can be.

[/b]​

Alright so I have a HUGE problem w/my computer now. I went to start it this morning, and all of a sudden I hear this gurgling sound and start to smell burning plastic...my computer shuts itself off and I've yet to get it back on again. What is the problem? Is it with the fan? The power supply? It's pretty dusty inside the computer, would that have anything to do with it? Any help is appreciated! :\
ohwell.gif

next Tuesday!![/center]

windows Vista is an os. It is the replacement for XP.

bruce,
It could be any number of things.I would clean it out, but if you smelled plastic burning, something is melting. After you clean it, look at it real closely, maybe sniff around.

[/b]​

^^
I just cleaned it out and focused on cleaning the fan and the power supply. When I turn it on the fan gurgles, starts spinning, but the computer doesn't boot up. Also I usually have to wiggle the power supply a bit before it gets going. I sniffed around and it smells as though the smell is emanating from the CPU fan. Any ideas?
next Tuesday!![/center]

I have a pretty new emachines but I can not get my microphone to work when I plug it in the jack. I have a usb microphone and that works fine, but any other microphone that goes into the jack will not work. It's not a defective mic because I've tried 3 and they work on other computers. Can you give me any advice? I also tried to use the jack in the front and the back.

Quote:
my mouse mysteriously stops workin. I dont believe i need a need a new mouse because right before it totally stops working, it lags and the time clock thing comes on. then after few scrolls it just stops workin and i have to turn my comp off to get it to work again(sometimes i have to turn it off twice.

Holy crap, I have this same problem. Been happening for the past few days.. I'm bout to run a virus check. What's the deal tho?
I need a Rane TTM 57 or pioneer DJM 400 mixer...

Team San Diego #55

i downloaded the vista thing and it didn't work. it took over 4 hours to download and nothing showed up in winrar when it was trying to unzip except the readme. i'll just stick to my vista skin lol.

Check it:

Everytime i type in the word Spyware, Anti-Virus, or Ad-Ware on my computer through google or a search engine, my window closes me out....Is there an alternate way to get rid of spyware because its killing me!
or the Greater of Good

C i 7 y​

Looking For: Any (SB) Sz - 13​

quick question about vista. its all installed and of course it save all my files under old windows but is there anyway to get all that stuff reinstalled on my computer without manualing doing every single progam? also it looks like quickbooks and a couple of other programs aren't under that, any way to recover that data?

Back
Top Bottom