Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

Quote:
is there a way to get microsoft office for free?
Yeah...you can win a copy, be given a copy, or go to a Microsoft event that's giving them away. All legal ways. Otherwise, no.

If you're a student, you might want to find out if your school has licensing agreement. At my old college, they were selling copies for $40.

Quote:
is there a way to get microsoft office for free?

Go to microsoft.com they have the office 2007 beta as a public download and you can use it until december.

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>Yahoo[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Still Shine at NiGht When Yall kill Tha LiGht

My trial for Windowsblind is now up. How can I get Windowsblind again without _____ . :D
happy.gif

.::HOUSTON::..[/center]

^

yo, good looks, it's similar to Howard Forums, which is the BOMB for finding info about phones
quipe chique
bon chic bon genre
*shE-starz*
Team Negrodamus
test the 1st Lady's blackness.......she dares ya.​

Mac questions...

1. What is a good free program that is similar to MS paint. i need it to do simple task like saving pictures, editing, cropping...stuff MS paint does. i am currently using seashore but it feels too advanced.

2. Playing wmv videos. i downloaded windows media player 9 but when there are videos on websites the green firefox puzzle piece icon shows leading me to manually install software which then leads me to the microsoft site.

thanks for the help!
TRADE [prefer...BAY AREA]: My DS MARS IV DS MARS IV

jus.tind87@gmail.com
thats whats up

I don't know if this belongs in here, but i'm not one to make a new thread concerning a small question.

My question is: how do you change the font size of the info on the page you are viewing?

My font size seems to change from above normal large, to now, below normal small, to the point where it's hard to read it. This happens when I open my email, or other sites with a lot of text.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Hello NT, I have two more questions.

First, when my second,newer computer boots up, I get an error message reading" Boot Writer Virus:frown:Y/N)" or something like that. When I click no, I get an master sector boot error ( or master boot sector error). What do I do? Is the harddrive completely shot?

Second, can I transfer RAM from one computer to an older model without software?
THANK YOU CHUCK NORRIS

Can anyone help me out?

My iTunes isn't working for some strange reason. I've tried reinstalling but I still get the same problem. Whenever I click to open iTunes it comes up with the "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Quote:
My iTunes isn't working for some strange reason.
You'll need to give me a lil more info, because that can mean anything.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. With the Event Viewer open, go to "Application". You should see a list of events. You're looking for Red X's that say "Error". You can get more error info when you double click on it. When you found the one related to iTunes, post the error message.

Just wanna thanks NicktheStick for the reg. info back on page 4.....thanks bro

[/center]

rumblepak1 thanks for the reply. I did what you said and it came up with this:

Quote:
Faulting application itunes.exe, version 6.0.5.20, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x10001040.

Any help would really be appreciated. I've tried using System Restore but I can't even restore my laptop to an earlier date, it just says System Restore was unsuccessful.

EDIT: Problem solved. Thanks NT.

Another question.

I'm intersted in getting my first Mac to do my design work on. It will be used for internet browsing and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

I was looking on ebay and saw quite a few G4s and really low prices, like this on:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-Mac-...dZViewItem

Does anyone know why they are so cheap? Any other advice on what I should look out for when buying a mac would be appreciated.

Thanks NT.

Alright guys...2 part question..any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a new HP PC with WinXP as my OS...

1. First of all I have Norton Anti-virus as well as Ad-Aware SE. I recently downloaded an .exe file that had proved to be harmful. I've since gotten rid of that file but every minute or so Norton awares me of a virus alert:::Norton has detected a virus on your computer.

Object Name- C:windows/temp/win37.tmp.
Virus Name- Trojan Horse

I've scanned my computer several times but i still keep getting these damn .tmp files in my Windows/Temp foler. When i try to delete these manually, i get a message saying that the access to the file is denied. Check to see that file isnt running or in use...etc...

I thought that maybe i could check my running processes (con+alt+del) and possibly stop the program and then delete those folders, but i cant tell which processes are which.

2. I've tried system restore. XP gives shows you a calendar, highlights several dates in each month, and allows you to restore your system back to that date. I've tried several dates, and when Windows re-starts it says that System Restore wasnt successful. Now, i'm stuck.

Any help on getting rid of these Trojan .tmp files would ne greatly appreciated. I've included some screen caps.......thanks

21ep4c3.jpg

21ep4jm.jpg

21ep7jb.jpg

[/center]

Quote:
Any help on getting rid of these Trojan .tmp files would ne greatly appreciated. I've included some screen caps.......thanks
Boot into Safe Mode (hold F8 while booting Windows), and delete it manually.

Quote:
Does anyone know why they are so cheap? Any other advice on what I should look out for when buying a mac would be appreciated.

I wouldn't even touch that computer with a 10-foot pole. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a G4 at 1.2GHz.

You're better off just going with an iMac, MacBook, or MacBook Pro. The new crop of Dual Core Intel-based Macs are the way to go right now. If you're not totally sold on the Intel-base, then look at the PowerMacs, as they are going down in price with the advent of the switch to Intel chips.

Thanks for the help guys. After running virus scan after virus scan, i finally got rid of the last few files yesterday...nice to have an alternative method though.....thanks again

[/center]

Are there any type of USB plug-in hardware that allow me to listen the my local radio stations on my PC?

Quote:
Are there any type of USB plug-in hardware that allow me to listen the my local radio stations on my PC?
Try the D-Link DSB-R100 USB FM Radio. You can find it on Amazon or just try Googling it.

Back
Top Bottom