CONGRATS TO REG'S RON BENTLEY FOR WINNING THE 3 PT CONTEST! ($50 cash prize) MERRY XMAS

hey I AM DOWN TO RUN WEST CO TONIGHT!! COUNT ME IN!! WHAT TIME? ADRIAN IM CALLING YOU LATER TODAY AFTER I GET OFF WORK!

haha sorry for the caps, just wanted to make sure you guys read this. haha pat ill be there since no more school excuse haha. see you guys there, please postany updates on here just in case i dont get ahold of you guys. i only have adrian's number.

haha no one went, adrian and pat didnt show up for some reason but yea i just stayed and ran for 2 hours with some random guys. that gym was pretty nice andclean. i cant do a run sat. hope to see you guys all there!!

adrian which best buy were you at? the one in west co? if so you should have definitely dropped by, but if not then thats cool, but no one called me to tell methat they werent coming. that was sad haha but im not hatin, just dont do it AGAIN! haha
tongue.gif
i aint mad, i got to play so its ok, i guess. would have been nice to havesome teammates there though

Yo I got caught up in Best Buy yesterday thinking that I could run in and run out....
smh.gif

As far as a run on Saturday...only if we can do it early, if not I'll have to pass

I haven't played since last Sunday, I need to get some kind of run in this week.

yo, this is how we're going to win... this is playoffs now, only bring the best

we start the 5 with the best stats

and only sub them out when they're tired or when they really are messing up

other then that, subbing in and out is pointless

just run our offense through the mid, meaning the bigs get at least one touch each possession

Defense: im looking at they're stats, they're somewhat similar to ours, but slightly better

we play a zone, they're not a three point team.

we need to double/triple Evan Namkung, they're center i think - tall light skin filipino dude averaging 30 points per game and 15 rebounds per game

in the zone, when the dude gets the ball, double / triple team him

if he passes out to the rest of the team, whatever, let them shoot it, let THEM try to kill us, don't let Evan kill us

the starting five should be:

ron, r jay, ray, chris, and adrian

but since r jay might not show up

we should put in either me,pat, or mikey (i'm not trying to be biased - just looking at the stats)

is there any way r jay could show up for at least the first game???

if we got him, it'll be a lot easier to win.

And REBOUNDS:
i can't stress this enough... BOX OUT

the fundamentals of boxing out is... put a body on the closest dude next to you no matter what
don't just go straight for the ball, you're not going to get it...

last game, i boxed out they're big dude shooting the freethrow, dude just tried to go for the ball - over the back foul on him...

from the regular season, underdogs rebound better than us...

that means you need to box out in tomorrows game and not let that happen

http://www.superstarbasketball.org/2007_fall/hardware_gold.html

END OF THE SEASON AWARDS - GOLD DIVISION
DECEMBER15, 2007

Underdawgs Evan Namkung wins first MVP award.
l_2dba11d290e45b4e0c021cb53168ef19.jpg

l_f0439d3f5271ea706cc5ccb968ef9c8d.jpg

MVP VOTES
1. Evan Namkung, Underdawgs
2. Kevin Valmonte, 626'ers
3. Marcus Richardson, Outkast Connection
4. Martin Camarena, Franchise
5. Orlando Williams, Fabulous

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE SEASON
1. Dustin Perry, Deep Penetration
2. James McCray, Money Shot
3. David Mayfield, Abstract
4. Jayson Barret, Franchise
5. Josh Fry, 626'ers

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON
1. James McCray, Money Shot
2. Fernando Ruiz, Outlawz
3. Adrian Eddington, Regulators
4. PJ Lee, Stylin On You
5 .Daniel Hasibuan, Nusantara

GENERAL MANAGER OF THE SEASON
1. Rodney Ching, 626'ers
2. Raymond Cardenas, Franchise
3. Linda Santillan and Valerie Palma, Hungry Hungry Hippos
4. Jon Paras, Underdawgs
5. Jerry Eusebio, Stylin On You

MOST IMPROVED
1. Chris Tanio, Fabulous
2. Narob Federico, Hungry Hippos
3. Justin Ondoy, Fabulous
4. Lucky Wickremetunge, Money Shot
5. Ken Ngarayawongse, Phenoms

FANTASY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
To Be Announced on Wednesday night, December 19

+ Fantasy Player of the Season award is awarded to the best with the best overallstats.

The votes were by the GMs of the Gold Division teams who participated in the exit interview.

You are absolutely correct Kobeeh.

I'll let you wear my ring like those Wade and Barkley commercials when it's all said and done

I knew it was gonna stir up controversy lol
The league told me that it was close amongst all the candidates but it really just came down to who made all the games and James did it all. Nonetheless,it's a good look for both you guys, that's an accomplishment.

good luck today fellas.

The league told me that it was close amongst all the candidates but it really just came down to who made all the games and James did it all. Nonetheless, it's a good look for both you guys, that's an accomplishment.
Yeah I was thinking he won because his team finished with the better record, but it's all good....props to James.

gritty you're sorry. Stop dribbling with your head down so much.
A Ray Benzino sighting
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

What up man....
(2) Underdawgs vs. (7) Regulators

League analysts highlighted the Regulators victory over the Underdawgs as the turning point in the season where things went for the worst. Well, managerially wise. Exit Rocky, enter Mark Genato. Four games later, exit Mark Genato, enter Mikey Chau. And here we are: playoffs.

Unmoved by the drama of niketalk's flagship team, Underdawg's GM, John Paras couldn't help but smirk over their loss early in the season. Absent in the first meeting was Danny Martinez, Evan Namkung, and Richard Ramirez, who collectively combine for 52.1ppg. Though it was a confident builder for the Regulators, Paras knew he was going to have the last laugh should they meet again.

Or is it really a laughing matter?

The new GM, Mikey, said it best, "When we have our full squad, we are pretty good but when players are missing, we end up losing."

Will the tandem of Eddington and Ramirez be enough to stop Namkung. He claimed the Defensive Player award last season and on Saturday evening, he claimed his first Regular Season MVP award. If this should be the final chapter for the Regulators, will this mean an end to their franchise? With so much riding on the outcome of the game, many more answers will unfold.

The Underdawgs boast a 6-2 record and while opponents are quick to point out that this is a one man show, do not be fooled. Evan was named as MVP for a reason and he is capable of making his players better. If the Regulators focus on Evan all game, he'll find his teammates like he usually does and they will be the deciding factors in this match-up. The GM, Jon Paras is capable of leading teams to winning records and his ability to lead injury stricken Still Fly to a near Playoff spot was commendable. Regulators, a team known for overthrowing their GMs, should look for Jon Paras for some advice on team management.

Now that's something to laugh at.

(3) Outkast Connection vs. (6) Money Shot

Dejavu.

Outkast is trying to re-live its glory years while Money Shot is hoping to start a legacy on its own.

The two faced back in Week 2, will it be dejavu all over again?

In the first meeting between these two, Outkast's Richardson was unstoppable, having his way anyway he wanted with Money $hot. Post game, it was apparent that GM Rocky was frustrated with the way his team broke down, turning on each other during the game.

"It's over Rocky - there's no one who could stop Marcus (Richardson). He's on a roll," said OC's GM, Anthony Palacol, warning the writer.

"If he was on a roll, you'd probably eat him," Rocky shot back wittingly.

With the confidence gained in eliminating Nusantara, there is definitely nothing to sneeze at about Outkast Connection, who head into the post season with a terrorizing five game winning streak. In this veteran versus rookie match up, can the newbies handle the pressure and spotlight or will the veterans teach them a thing or two since they've been well accustomed to the post season.

Outkast has already made it known during the off season that the Crimson Tide (6th Season) is their season. They gone as far as the Semis every season but the Championship Round has eluded them in their 5 season existence. After taking a season off, they were anxious to come back with their gold jerseys and they were also the first to register. Will they fulfill their predictions? McCray vs Richardson is going to be the main focus with role players hoping to take bigger responsibilities. Richardson was a former Rookie of the Season back in Fall 2006. A year later, he faces James McCray, the new Rookie of the Season.
Dejavu.

Back
Top Bottom