COOL GREY FAIL

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by optimusp517

I dont recommend Gorilla glue for clear soles, it dries white. Unless theres a clear one i've never seen. Shoe goo sucks.

Take it to a shoe repair that will fix it properly with professional stuff. I had a pair of Jams fixed, and you cant tell they were repaired at all.

Cost me a whole $25.

Wow really! Do you know what they use and how it usually takes?
I have no idea what they use. I doubt they'd be very willing to tell a customer.

It took about 3 days total. It looks and feel exactly like its supposed to. Its not stiff or anything like that. The shoe bends exactly how its supposed to.

I know a lot of guys on here will think $25 is too much to fix 1 shoe. Yeah, you can try to do it yourself, but not only is it time consuming, theres a 99% chance it will come out jacked up.

The repair man told me the glue will last longer than the original, and it can get wet and all that.

Its totally worth it.
wow where did you get this done can you send the contact info i think 25 is an excellent price this guy charged me 15 for low cut cherry xi sz 9 worn 2x(no creases and slight dust on sole) but it rained and caused the glue to fade and unglue the shoe but the guy ended up wrecking the sneaker and i had to sell for like 80 (when i paid 225 cuz they were DS) cause the guy messed up the patent leather i was tight cuz i love these thats why i had 2 DS pairs so now im down to 1 and i am scared of wearing those cuz of what happened.
(i did not expect it to rain)

top is DS bottom is worn

Originally Posted by supreme x jdm

send nike or jb a letter with pictures. tell them to step their game up. its sad to see people are spending $150+ on these shoes and they crap out quicker than $10 payless shoes. now thats fail.

WE WANT EARLY 2000's QUALITY! NON OF THIS #!%%$+ ECONOMY CRAP!
So much fail in this thread.....SMH
OP for making it seem like his shoes are ruined

This dude for....well self explanatory

It surely does happen man! No fail just meant to be unfortunately! Especially playing ball in them! Its not as bad as it seems actually. ShoeGoo will definitely help!

I'd highly recommend takin it to a shop cause they'll do. Real clean job for you! Got mine done and I'll snap some pics.

I dont recommend Gorilla glue for clear soles, it dries white. Unless theres a clear one i've never seen. Shoe goo sucks.

Take it to a shoe repair that will fix it properly with professional stuff. I had a pair of Jams fixed, and you cant tell they were repaired at all.

Cost me a whole $25.

Wow really! Do you know what they use and how it usually takes?
I have no idea what they use. I doubt they'd be very willing to tell a customer.

It took about 3 days total. It looks and feel exactly like its supposed to. Its not stiff or anything like that. The shoe bends exactly how its supposed to.

I know a lot of guys on here will think $25 is too much to fix 1 shoe. Yeah, you can try to do it yourself, but not only is it time consuming, theres a 99% chance it will come out jacked up.

The repair man told me the glue will last longer than the original, and it can get wet and all that.

Its totally worth it.

same thing happened to one foot on mines. took them to this little shoe shop around my old job, and the guy said he would do it for $5. next day when i went to pick them up, he suddenly forgot the price he told me the day before and said it was more work than he expected, and ended up charging me $20. bastard.
next time i wore them, the other foot comes loose. took them to another little spot around the way to where i had just moved, and he charged me $5 for it. all in all, same price, $25, for both shoes.

love this shoe.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I'm sorry dude but you failed in this situation. Not a good idea to ball in shoes that are 10 years old. They can be repaired though.

Exactly.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by supreme x jdm

send nike or jb a letter with pictures. tell them to step their game up. its sad to see people are spending $150+ on these shoes and they crap out quicker than $10 payless shoes. now thats fail.

WE WANT EARLY 2000's QUALITY! NON OF THIS #!%%$+ ECONOMY CRAP!
You do realize these ARE early 2000 quality?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
, haven't had a laugh like this one in a while in JB forum

Not perfect, but much better than what I can do myself and hey for 22 bucks no complain!

Very nice. Just a tad bit of extra glue in that one spot. Maybe you can carefully remove it?

To the guy that said "thats why you WEAR your shoes". This happens either way buddy.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

some of you all are forgetting Jordan's last game in MSG as a Bull...those were old and saw a lot more performance than my CGs did
You can't compare the Is with the XIs, they are constructed totally different. He could put those Is on today & they would still hold up.

& it's no suprise at all what happened to your CGs -they're 10 yrs old -I can't really see what your complaint is about here.

Back
Top Bottom