Cool Guys of NikeTalk: How Can I Become More Alpha? Vol. Lettuce Be Cereal

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

1. Don't make decisions based around a chick.  Focus on yourself and your own progression.  Girls want a guy that has his own thing going on.  They feel special when you let them in on the life you have going on, not when you make them your entire life.

2. Groom/Clean/Take Care of Yourself.  Keep your nails trimmed, keep your hair cut on a regular basis, keep your teeth in check, shave, etc...  Hygiene is a sign of self-respect, and women, friends, employers, etc... take notice more than you would think.  They'll notice  if you're off your game, but women will especially notice if you're on your game.  Hair doesn't have to be perfectly shaped up every time but keep a consistent once every two-week cut, and once a week shape-up.  Clean your skin, mouth, etc... every morning and night.  Don't get all crazy buying mud-masks, etc... just use a good soap or face cleaner and a good face moisturizer, etc...

3. Style and self-expression is one thing.  Looking like an idiot to every besides you and maybe 1 or 2 of your friends who also look like idiots is another.  Everything in moderation.  Part of what seperates the men from the boys is how they dress.  You don't have to go all GQ 3-piece suit now, but don't do anything too extreme.  I just mean matching your kicks and fitted is fine.  Matching your neon kicks with a neon fitted and a neon jacket and then throwin on 4 wood-wood necklaces, etc... is probably too much.  You know that kid in school who's mom used to let him pick out his own clothes, and he would show up wearing a cape made out of a towel and a toy firemans hat... all day?  think of it that way.

4. Eye contact.  Most of the time meeting a woman has more to do with eye contact.  If she's into  you, she'll look at you, directly at you and try to make eye contact with you.  She'll hold it for a while to see if you'll say something or see if you'll look away.  Look back.  If she stays staring at you, just say "hi", or "how you doing?" not "Damn ma, you got a fatty!" or "Yo c'mere bring your fine !@#$ over here."  Just say hi.  If she responds, keep talking.  Be yourself.  Don't try to take on the persona of your favorite actor, singer, rapper, athlete (think "Date Mike" from The Office) just be yourself and talk.  Eye contact also works at job interviews, in restaurants, in social settings, etc...  Doesn't mean stare someone down, just means look them in the eye.  For me, I have a bad habit of looking away when I"m talking to someone, so I try to work on it by taking moments to look them in the eye as I speak, especially if it's something of importance.  When they're talking to me, I just stare them down.  It helps me listen better and it lets them know I'm interested in what they're saying.  People appreciate this more than we realize.

5. On that note, listen more than you speak.  People have more respect for someone who doesn't say much, but when they do speak, it's something important and worthwile rather than someone who never shuts up.  When you do speak, work on decreasing your verbal pauses, i.e. "Like" or "Kinda" or "Son" or "For real" or "I'm sayin".  Doesn't mean you can't use those phrases but if you develop a habit of doing it every 3 words, people don't take you seriously.
eek.gif
 As I read this I thought I was being quoted or something. Our views are exactly the same on this.
May I add to this without intent of bastardizing your art?

The concept of being an Alpha-male isn't "not being beta". It's about being a MAN. This was always a little undefined for me growing up without a father, however I figured it out.

Image:

A man wakes up in the morning, puts on a pair of jeans, boots, and a clean t-shirt (black white or gray pref.). No need to compete with your female coworkers in the fashion or flamboyancy department... especially no need to over complicate things. Unless your profession requires specific attire, keep it SIMPLE. Of course, you should be able to dress for the occasion too. Remember, your confidence, success, and perseverance speak louder than your adolescent sneakers/'fitted'. As far as grooming goes, don't feel obligated to shave every day. If you're an alpha male you have the ability to feel confident with some scruff.

Vocabulary and grammar are important too. Read a book here and there. Beta males rely on trendy lingo to converse. 

Simplicity is removing the unnecessary in order to appreciate the necessary. Take a look at a REAL alpha. He knows how to cut the #%*% and keep his life streamlined. 

Originally Posted by champg23

Great Thread.

Always remember to listen as much as possible. Then slide in some questions built around things they've said. This shows that you're actually listening and most females really love to talk...especially about themselves.

Having a lot of the alpha qualities is cool, but you still want to make sure you mixing those qualities with who you actually are. You don't want a chick liking a "you" that really isn't you.
The opposite of talking isn't listening. The opposite of talking is waiting 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by champg23

Great Thread.

Always remember to listen as much as possible. Then slide in some questions built around things they've said. This shows that you're actually listening and most females really love to talk...especially about themselves.

Having a lot of the alpha qualities is cool, but you still want to make sure you mixing those qualities with who you actually are. You don't want a chick liking a "you" that really isn't you.
The opposite of talking isn't listening. The opposite of talking is waiting 
pimp.gif

this thread reminds me of "how to be a pickup artist" and other "how to be cool when you are really not" type discussions

like someone said in here, you either got it or you don't

you don't talk about it, you don't take steps to try and "become", you just have it or you don't

all these dudes in here giving out specific rules/guidelines in 1-10 format are not alpha themselves, they are just beta in disguise

thread is complete fail

this thread reminds me of "how to be a pickup artist" and other "how to be cool when you are really not" type discussions

you don't talk about it, you don't take steps to try and "become", you just have it or you don't

all these dudes in here giving out specific rules/guidelines in 1-10 format are not alpha themselves, they are just beta in disguise

thread is complete fail

Originally Posted by glasses

thread is complete fail

As far as the Alpha/Beta thing I don't know whether you can turn that on and off, but I do know that with wisdom and maturity you can learn how to bag chicks if you aren't naturally inclined to do so. I've seen too many guys (including myself) go from getting no bunz, to having a team of women ready to get down with you.

A percentage of it is how you present yourself and the confidence you emit. Most of it is the situations you put yourself in and the women you approach. 

Even if you don't want to be a player, every man has to grow some cajones show those dominant traits we were born with as men. You just gotta bring it out in you.

So as far as being a true "Alpha" maybe that is something you naturally have, but you can apply the "Alpha" traits to get your desired results.

Originally Posted by glasses

thread is complete fail

As far as the Alpha/Beta thing I don't know whether you can turn that on and off, but I do know that with wisdom and maturity you can learn how to bag chicks if you aren't naturally inclined to do so. I've seen too many guys (including myself) go from getting no bunz, to having a team of women ready to get down with you.

A percentage of it is how you present yourself and the confidence you emit. Most of it is the situations you put yourself in and the women you approach. 

Even if you don't want to be a player, every man has to grow some cajones show those dominant traits we were born with as men. You just gotta bring it out in you.

So as far as being a true "Alpha" maybe that is something you naturally have, but you can apply the "Alpha" traits to get your desired results.

I didnt read a single reply in this thread. I just wanted to reply to say this:

.....Grow a beard.

I didnt read a single reply in this thread. I just wanted to reply to say this:

.....Grow a beard.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by RAWse

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

This could just a likely end terribly for dude.
laugh.gif
 4LOKO can turn you into a crackhead depending on what your tolerance is. I can drink 4 (no exaggeration) no problem, catch a slight happy buzz and live to see the next day. I know people who drink one and make fools of themselves.
4? Im calling ducktales... if you can drink 4 in one sitting you must be at least 350 lbs

no I'm just not a high school kid. The only people who get affected by 4lokos are children, lightweights and college freshmen. I can have an NTer cosign for me, he drinks 3 without dying and I have a much much much much higher tolerance for alcohol than he does. First time I drank it, I admit ive never caught a buzz that quick in my life then it dawned on me, this in the wrong hands could have disastrous effects.

4LOKO isn't banned because of people like me, it marketed itself to underage kids and bad things happened.
Man, I'm one to drink all my liquor straight on the rocks. You have crackhead tolerance if you can drink 4 Four Lokos and have a slight buzz.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't say that's a good thing at all...

Originally Posted by RAWse

This could just a likely end terribly for dude.
laugh.gif
 4LOKO can turn you into a crackhead depending on what your tolerance is. I can drink 4 (no exaggeration) no problem, catch a slight happy buzz and live to see the next day. I know people who drink one and make fools of themselves.
4? Im calling ducktales... if you can drink 4 in one sitting you must be at least 350 lbs

no I'm just not a high school kid. The only people who get affected by 4lokos are children, lightweights and college freshmen. I can have an NTer cosign for me, he drinks 3 without dying and I have a much much much much higher tolerance for alcohol than he does. First time I drank it, I admit ive never caught a buzz that quick in my life then it dawned on me, this in the wrong hands could have disastrous effects.

4LOKO isn't banned because of people like me, it marketed itself to underage kids and bad things happened.
Man, I'm one to drink all my liquor straight on the rocks. You have crackhead tolerance if you can drink 4 Four Lokos and have a slight buzz.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't say that's a good thing at all...

Originally Posted by eddiee21

My Alpha Stats

6 ' 5
275 lbs
7.5% bodyfat
83 inch reach

405 Bench Press
635 Squat
475 Deadlift

NCAA Div 1 wrestler
Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Golden Gloves Champ

Master's Degree in Engineering @ MIT

Has smashed over 50+ broads (all dimes) during the span of my young life.

Can chug a whole bottle of Patron and not even get buzzed.

Drives a BMW M6

Makes 6 figures.

3500 friends on Facebook

Friends with Shawn Carter

8"......Flaccid
grin.gif

PM me if you need advice.

Did everybody else just over look this? (n/h) but this is alpha, just sayin..
grin.gif

My Alpha Stats

6 ' 5
275 lbs
7.5% bodyfat
83 inch reach

405 Bench Press
635 Squat
475 Deadlift

NCAA Div 1 wrestler
Golden Gloves Champ

Drives a BMW M6

Makes 6 figures.

3500 friends on Facebook

8"......Flaccid
grin.gif

Did everybody else just over look this? (n/h) but this is alpha, just sayin..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

This thread is SERIOUSLY everything I could ever want in a NT thread.

@%!% literally has everything, except pics of big booty +#*% (*awaits that*
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
)

I love everyone
pimp.gif

panama-cricket-has-the-best-booty.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
at that mass*

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

This thread is SERIOUSLY everything I could ever want in a NT thread.

@%!% literally has everything, except pics of big booty +#*% (*awaits that*
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
)

I love everyone
pimp.gif

panama-cricket-has-the-best-booty.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
at that mass*

My Alpha Stats

6 ' 5
275 lbs
7.5% bodyfat
83 inch reach

405 Bench Press
635 Squat
475 Deadlift

NCAA Div 1 wrestler
Golden Gloves Champ

Drives a BMW M6

Makes 6 figures.

3500 friends on Facebook

8"......Flaccid
grin.gif

pimp.gif

My Alpha Stats

6 ' 5
275 lbs
7.5% bodyfat
83 inch reach

405 Bench Press
635 Squat
475 Deadlift

NCAA Div 1 wrestler
Golden Gloves Champ

Drives a BMW M6

Makes 6 figures.

3500 friends on Facebook

8"......Flaccid
grin.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom