Crazy Christians get nailed to cross for Jesus

LOL. Definitely OD. There is absolutely no need to go to that extreme.....I mean, for what? You get extra kudos or something?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

LOL. Definitely OD. There is absolutely no need to go to that extreme.....I mean, for what? You get extra kudos or something?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A spot in heaven.. Next to God's high chair[/color]

Spoiler [+]
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif

3255771203_9e206b60dd.jpg

I thought that the true suffering was from taking on all the world's sins, not from the physical crucifixion? This whole charade seems so unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Originally Posted by BacsiLove

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Why are they "crazy"?

Please tell me you are kidding.

Nope.

Who are you, or anyone for that matter, to dub someone as crazy because of their belief; especially when said belief does not infringe on the safety/well-being of others, with respect to the acts in question and at the center of OP's post.

But of course, this is NT; a place frequented by quite a few anti-Christs who pulsate at the thought of demonizing religion and ridiculing faithful believers...
eyes.gif

I actually researched and wrote a term paper on this for my undergrad a while back since it blew my mind when I saw it happen over there couple years back. It's not really "craziness" or "stupidity" per se but rather a different interpretation of Catholicism. These cats in the Philippines (and many southeast asian countries) have a historic belief in "power" and energy in the universe that one can accumulate through various means. According to interviews of the people being nailed to the cross, it is seen as an honor and opportunity since they are showing devotion and loyalty to God and Jesus. They believe they will be compensated for their sacrifices by being given some power through repentance or have their prayers/needs answered or met.  So therefore we're seeing a kind of fusion between traditional European Catholicism and religious beliefs indigenous to the Philippines. It seems overboard and barbaric from our vantage point, but in their mindset it's pretty acceptable and normal. 
Still though, seeing people get nailed 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why are they "crazy"?

Nope.

Who are you, or anyone for that matter, to dub someone as crazy because of their belief; especially when said belief does not infringe on the safety/well-being of others, with respect to the acts in question and at the center of OP's post.

But of course, this is NT; a place frequented by quite a few anti-Christs who pulsate at the thought of demonizing religion and ridiculing faithful believers...
eyes.gif

I am someone who will dub this as crazy, and I have no qualms doing so. Nowhere in the bible does it encourage or advocate such self mutilation. This is fanatical religiosity along the lines of such utterly horrible things as suicide bombers in the Islamic community, albeit the intent here is not to massacre innocent people at the expense of your own life, but the same sickening  "sacrificial" sentiment behind the two acts is the same. These people just don't quite have the kahunas to complete the deed and actually suffer such a horrible death voluntarily like the bombers.This is indeed crazy, and I think you'd have to be crazy not to think so.

Positing that an individual's belief system can not be considered so long as it doesn't infringe on the safety or well-being of others, as if that's the only criteria that deserves consideration regarding what's crazy and what's not, is, at the very least, naive.

For example, committing suicide because a comet is passing by and you think the key to heaven is to kill yourself in order to ride that comet's tail into heaven, that's not harming anyone else, but that's crazy.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Why are they "crazy"?

Nope.

eyes.gif

I am someone who will dub this as crazy, and I have no qualms doing so. Nowhere in the bible does it encourage or advocate such self mutilation. This is fanatical religiosity along the lines of such utterly horrible things as suicide bombers in the Islamic community, albeit the intent here is not to massacre innocent people at the expense of your own life, but the same sickening  "sacrificial" sentiment behind the two acts is the same. These people just don't quite have the kahunas to complete the deed and actually suffer such a horrible death voluntarily like the bombers.This is indeed crazy, and I think you'd have to be crazy not to think so.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom