Credit Cards Vol: I dont know what im doing. Help

So I have pretty decent credit, and Im trying to decide which card to get. Credit Karma is always suggesting cards for me but some have annual fees and I'm wondering is it really worth it ? I like AMEX gold but it seems pretty steep for $100 a year. I also like Capital One's Venture card (for the miles) but its also kinda pricey at $100 a year. Does anyone have any experience with either one of those cards or have a recommendation for a really good one? My wife and I take trips often and do a lot of entertainment type of things for reference.

American Express gold is a charge card, meaning whatever you charge has to be paid end of the month in full.

there's a large number of good credit cards without annual fees and solid cash back.

So I have pretty decent credit, and Im trying to decide which card to get. Credit Karma is always suggesting cards for me but some have annual fees and I'm wondering is it really worth it ? I like AMEX gold but it seems pretty steep for $100 a year. I also like Capital One's Venture card (for the miles) but its also kinda pricey at $100 a year. Does anyone have any experience with either one of those cards or have a recommendation for a really good one? My wife and I take trips often and do a lot of entertainment type of things for reference.
First things first don’t apply for any card blindly
Waste of a hard pull
Use their soft pulls to see if u prequalify first

I have the gold card and it is worth it, to me. I am not sure the Annual fee is $100. I think it is $250. But you get $100 airline credit (that I use on flight gift cards), $120 dining credit, and 4x points on restaurants and groceries. It easily pays for itself if you utilize the dining credit and airline credit. The bonus points also prove quite valuable.

Like the other poster said, find what works best for you. Personally I use the platinum (for travel), gold (for food) and chase sapphire preferred (for places that don't take Amex) the most of any cards I have. The charge cards are great as you don't have to worry about carrying a balance or paying interest.

Chase Freedom is a good one. 1.5% back on all purchases. no annual fee either.

this is what i have... i think its 0 percent interest for the first year also... try finding a CC that will give you cash back, no annual fee and 0 percent interest

Apologies for my ignorance

I try and keep a 30% or under utilization rate on my cc and pay it off every month...

what would the benefit of a charge card be for me?

Discover IT
American Express blue cash
American everyday cash
Barclays Uber
Citi double cash
Chase freedoms

Apologies for my ignorance

I try and keep a 30% or under utilization rate on my cc and pay it off every month...

what would the benefit of a charge card be for me?

You don't carry a balance on charge cards. You pay it off at the end of every month. If you have a 30% or under utilization that you are paying interest on, you won't have any interest with a charge card. Also, amex charge cards don't factor into your utilization.

Chase Sapphire, Southwest Rapid Rewards through Chase (for the companion pass since you like to travel).

Back
Top Bottom