Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

Y'all got me looking for a boonie now :lol:

Speaking of Duck Down, what happened to those knit hats with the ear flaps like Buckshot wore in some videos? Are those still cool? Please help

Cam brought up a interesting point on how JR writer was da
better rapper bought people would rather be Jim Jones...

(personally Cam ain't see da Reggaeton wave coming but that's another story).

Cam said Jim the first one to get Rap to slim their clothes

Most def feel like this is true. Jim was the first one I saw rocking more fitted stuff while everybody else was in 4XL shirts and jeans. He may have had a hand in that mini-rock wave before everybody went overboard wearing spiked wrist bands, belt chains, and those Ed Hardy looking shirts (unless those were actually Ed Hardy, idk)

kanye-west-during-lifebeats-hearts-and-voices-concert-featuring-kanye-picture-id452945745

2004 Kanye...... :lol:

low-key? credit that to Jadakiss in da Ja Rule NY video... everyone in NYC dusted them joints out da closet once that video dropped.

Screenshot_20191031-213250.png

and fat joe single handedly brought back bubble vests, cuz u know i was looking for a couple :pimp:

Track and was hard and should have been huge but super 50 killed ja's buzz by then. Which is crazy when you think about it.

looks like Ye’s in Paper Denim in that photo.
I remember those days. Used to hit up Filene’s basement to grab some Purple Label polo and Paper Denim for cheap haha

Crazy how time flys and this now looks like standard stuff off the Salvation Army clothes rack. I mean damn, the jeans look like bell bottoms here :blush:
I feel like the internet sped the process up. All jokes aside, get him some better fitting jeans and it still works.

Anybody watch Patriot Act? Being trendy is as bad as riding around in a pre Dieselgate VW. :lol:

Maybe it's because I was a kid/teenager, but I barely went to the fitting room to try on jeans. Now if I don't try it on, there's like a 50/50 chance that I won't like how it looks.

That is a really underrated point. At that time there was baggy, baggier and baggiest. All three were acceptable. Now days every brand fits different and you have no idea how a slim to a skinny will fit in comparison.

those jeans looked sloppy because they weren't cut good and were worn sized up to sag. :sick:

Slim/straight leg bootcut actually looks good with boots and not sneakers. A lot of Japanese denim labels have a pair in their lines..

and I liked the slim fit bootcut jeans true religion had. those looked nice. The ones without the tacky branding.

Back
Top Bottom