Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

This is probably the gayest question about the iPhone today.....but is there any pros or cons in getting either the white or the black iPhone? Like does the white one get more visibly dirtier then the black and does the black show scratches easier the the white? I still have the aluminum one so I wouldn't even know.

gallery03-20100607.jpg

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

So if the phone is 600 -700 bones...what is the difference then with buying it with a contract? What can I do with it differently? Can i go on internet, call people, etc at an time?

Or if I buy it naked, can I switch my AT&T card over to the iphone? whats the dealio

Well when you sign on a contact, you pay a monthly fee so that is how they get your money back instead of paying $600-700 for it. And there is no use in buying it without service unless you use it on wi-fi...which in this case, you might as well get a computer for paying that price. There is no need to buy the phone buy itself unless you have money to burn and know how to hack it and use another provider on it. I think that option to buy the phone alone is for people that break their iPhones or already have an existing contract on another phone that doesn't expire soon.

Was wondering if I buy it naked, what is the difference between having it with a contract and not? can i call, go on internet, what?

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

So if the phone is 600 -700 bones...what is the difference then with buying it with a contract? What can I do with it differently? Can i go on internet, call people, etc at an time?

Or if I buy it naked, can I switch my AT&T card over to the iphone? whats the dealio

nothing really, except you are off contract

and mr fongstarr

as of right now we cant tell you anything

when the 3g came out, the white version had cracking problems, the black one didnt have any problems because of its color

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

This is probably the gayest question about the iPhone today.....but is there any pros or cons in getting either the white or the black iPhone? Like does the white one get more visibly dirtier then the black and does the black show scratches easier the the white? I still have the aluminum one so I wouldn't even know.

gallery03-20100607.jpg

getting a white one for sure 
pimp.gif
.. my blk iphone is full of scratches, smudges, scuffs, etc 
sick.gif

+ the finish is gloss white, so i doubt any smudges will be an eyesore.. think of them as paint on a car..

If you want to know if ur due for an upgrade, just dial *639# and you will get a text telling you. I was due for my upgrade in August, now I can pay the discounted price for a new iphone as of today. They only doing this so you can stay with them for another 2 yrs, Apple not low....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Thats not a bad question

It its like any other apple product the white one will start looking dingy after a while. However since it is pretty much made of glass it should not absorb dirt like the macbooks or white iphone

Originally Posted by bittersweet

That phone is not worth $700. Come on now.
laugh.gif

Put a couple more hundred up, you have a Macbook.

you do know that ALL unlocked smartphones are around the $600-$800 range right? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by bittersweet

That phone is not worth $700. Come on now.
laugh.gif

Put a couple more hundred up, you have a Macbook.

you do know that ALL unlocked smartphones are around the $600-$800 range right? 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I like it..

Does anybody know when 4.0 will be avalible for the 3Gs?

I just got a brand new 3G for the free after my screen crack.

It'll be the same thing with the upgrade, minus HD and Facetime of course.

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Do y'all know that the iPhone is NOT a 4g phone?
eek.gif

you do know that theres ONE 4g phone in the country right? and 4g gets little coverage... its not that big of a problem. 
4g isn't an issue on the phone manufacturers table. thats a service provider issue. thats dealing with ATT, Tmobile and Verizon. Sprint is the only 4g company and its only for 1 phone. 

this phone will be copped though. I was waiting to see if it was going to deliver for me, and it did. no, no blackberry for me. im still #teamiphone 

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

I like it..

Does anybody know when 4.0 will be avalible for the 3Gs?

I just got a brand new 3G for the free after my screen crack.

It'll be the same thing with the upgrade, minus HD and Facetime of course.

21st

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

• Same 3.5' screen when others are doing 3.7, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.3.
  • Same homescreen since 2007, it's showing it's varicose veins.
  • Facetime is WiFi only -_+
The only thing that looked interesting was the quality of 5MP camera and all the software integration into it, other than that, ill be sticking with my 2G iPhone and Evo 4G.

higher resolution on a smaller screen > large displays w/ low resolution
don't like the homescreen? hack it.

w/ at&t's new data plans, EFF video chat over 3g

but i guess to each his own. the 32gb will be MINE 
devil.gif

blah!
Yes, the pixel count has been upgraded, still would be nice if Apple would upgrade the screen size as well. I know you can Jailbreak, would be nice if Apple went outside the box... for once. WiFi only video chat is dumb, than again AT&T network isn't ready for the primetime yet. Word, to each there own my friend.

overgrown phones (HD2) look like squared-off frisbees.. waaaay to big. 
laugh.gif

face time wifi chat >> no video chat at all. 
ohwell.gif
the same thing i was thinking. whats the point of getting a larger screen if the resolution isn't any better? the HD2 has a massive screen that i like when i use my friends phone, but the iphone has a better resolution now. size isnt everything... 
and not everyone wants a new OS face. you could potentially LOSE customers if you switch the game up on people who love the simplicity of the iPhone OS. 

and Wifi is the most logical choice for video chat. yeah i was kinda disappointed when they announced wifi only, but lets think about this, we all know how many dropped sessions there would be if it was on the 3g network... lagging... etc etc. thats a con more than a pro if anything. 

the iphone now has a 5mp camera, HD video recording and editing, ichat, iMovie, faster processor, multitasking, a sleeker design, and a more powerful batter. but hey, i hope a lot of you aren't impressed. makes it easier for me to get mine 
laugh.gif

this phone = the highest quality phone hardware to date, easily. its made out of glass thats 30x stronger than plastic and its compared to crystal 
alien.gif
pimp.gif

the only thing holding this phone back really is ATT, but honestly, who gives a +*#!. i live in a metropolitan area. my service is damn near perfect. so this phone is once again, perfect for me. 

the 3gs was a huge letdown considering its just a 3g with a new processor. but this is a new phone almost considering all that they have added. the only thing that has this phone still similar to the older ones is the OS. but i like the OS. 

sorry for the semi wall of text. i was banned and im finally back... im hyped to finally be able to reply to threads again 
laugh.gif

my only gripe with apple is-

cmonson.png

why they got my lil dude skating mongo? c'mon son.... straighten that out
smh.gif
mongo #ftl

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Do y'all know that the iPhone is NOT a 4g phone?
eek.gif

you do know that theres ONE 4g phone in the country right? and 4g gets little coverage... its not that big of a problem. 
4g isn't an issue on the phone manufacturers table. thats a service provider issue. thats dealing with ATT, Tmobile and Verizon. Sprint is the only 4g company and its only for 1 phone. 

this phone will be copped though. I was waiting to see if it was going to deliver for me, and it did. no, no blackberry for me. im still #teamiphone 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/CR_Fracture/rk6cmb.gif

#teamiphone ftw, yes im a fanboy

iOS 4 Gold Master seed available today
smile.gif
if a developer is nice enough we can get it on a torrent tonight
heard they did this last year and people got 3.0 early

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

If you want to know if ur due for an upgrade, just dial *639# and you will get a text telling you. I was due for my upgrade in August, now I can pay the discounted price for a new iphone as of today. They only doing this so you can stay with them for another 2 yrs, Apple not low....

Code:
A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 06/21/2010.  We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.  Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer.Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TNot sure what that means, guess ill have to call and see whats up

Back
Top Bottom