da OG muscle car era is returning VOL Buh-bye CAFE laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude unless the Saudi's flood the market again, gas is close to its floor.

And still, if people are buying more gas because of less fuel efficient cars, demand will go up, which will drive up prices. Fracking or no fraking

You're hoping for economic wizardry, because you don't know the basics.
Exactly

Why do people on here insist on speaking on stuff they don't know????

Sounding like loudmouth dummies
roll.gif

Last edited:
Dodge makes a 485 HP/475 tq muscle car for under 40K

How much better do you think it will be?

Under? :nerd:

I know scat paks are basically 40k I think?

But they need to update the 5.7, those should be pushing atleast 400 bare minimum.

Sad that I don't have my hemis anymore but I'll be back soon [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Scat pack Chally's can be had for 37ish

Scat Pack Chargers for 38ish if your mouthpiece is crisp. I ordered mine from Long Island and had it shipped to my house in Texas for less than 40

I appreciate the Hemis hell I've bought 3 in the last 5 years but I don't see how things can get much better for them or muscle cars in general

Last edited:
Dodge makes a 485 HP/475 tq muscle car for under 40K

How much better do you think it will be?

Under? :nerd:

I know scat paks are basically 40k I think?

But they need to update the 5.7, those should be pushing atleast 400 bare minimum.

Sad that I don't have my hemis anymore but I'll be back soon [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Scat pack Chally's can be had for 37ish

Scat Pack Chargers for 38ish if your mouthpiece is crisp. I ordered mine from Long Island and had it shipped to my house in Texas for less than 40

I appreciate the Hemis hell I've bought 3 in the last 5 years but I don't see how they can get much better for them or muscle cars in general

Doing it wrong.

Y'all can cop a fully loaded Kia on a 7 year car loan for the money y'all wasting on muscle cars

Dudes stay tryna hustling forward :smh:

This and a 96 Impala and I'd be set.

Picked up a 96 in black last year on eBay for 10k NO MODS (except for exhaust) with 46k miles. Dropped about 5k into it for routine maintenance w/ some mild mods. No need for a new muscle, although I do love the new Mustang.

Picked up a 96 in black last year on eBay for 10k NO MODS (except for exhaust) with 46k miles. Dropped about 5k into it for routine maintenance w/ some mild mods. No need for a new muscle, although I do love the new Mustang.
Funny I owned 3 Impalas 2 95s 1 96.

I put intake exhaust and PCM4Less tune in all of them.

I went to go check one out earlier this year (1996) the owner let me drive it and I realized how slow and boring they are stock.

Hopped back in my Acura TL and it felt so damn quick compared to the SS.

I just can't go back to an older LT1 in 2016...they had thier time back then but now they feel like an anemic Chevy 305
roll.gif

Compared to most modern cars.

Last edited:
Funny I owned 3 Impalas 2 95s 1 96.
I put intake exhaust and PCM4Less tune in all of them.
I went to go check one out earlier this year (1996) the owner let me drive it and I realized how slow and boring they are stock.
Hopped back in my Acura TL and it felt so damn quick compared to the SS.
I just can't go back to an older LT1 in 2016...they had thier time back then but now they feel like an anemic Chevy 305:rofl:
Compared to most modern cars.

Did exactly what you did. It splits time with my Ford 7.3 diesel. I love it for what it is....but I know it's nothing like what's out there today. It's comfortable, gets pretty good mpg, is iconic and reminds me of my fav year of my childhood. Jordan 11, Bulls 72-10 season, Iverson rookie year, 96 ASG, Griffey in '96, Air Max 96, Cowboys Super Bowl win w/ Deion, PlayStation, etc

When the thread title lets you know off rip who made the thread without looking at OP.

ya said da same thing bout that Jesus piece...

ya said da same thing bout Trump being president...

ya haven't learned to shut up yet? :lol:

after i get my cuban, ill have a muscle car of my choosin...either modern muscle or resto mod pro touring.

You gonna rock da Hellcat Charger?

maybe. im more of a coupe guy, but my favorite car ever is da 3rd gen F-body camaro/firebird. i would love driving one of those with a modern LS swap with modern tubular suspension bits.

ya said da same thing bout that Jesus piece...

ya said da same thing bout Trump being president...

ya haven't learned to shut up yet? :lol:

after i get my cuban, ill have a muscle car of my choosin...either modern muscle or resto mod pro touring.

You gonna rock da Hellcat Charger?

maybe. im more of a coupe guy, but my favorite car ever is da 3rd gen F-body camaro/firebird. i would love driving one of those with a modern LS swap with modern tubular suspension bits.
I was about to say. Those things were disappointing power wise.

Did exactly what you did. It splits time with my Ford 7.3 diesel. I love it for what it is....but I know it's nothing like what's out there today. It's comfortable, gets pretty good mpg, is iconic and reminds me of my fav year of my childhood. Jordan 11, Bulls 72-10 season, Iverson rookie year, 96 ASG, Griffey in '96, Air Max 96, Cowboys Super Bowl win w/ Deion, PlayStation, etc
Bought a '96 Impala the new double SS
Before the 20,000 mile mark I gave it to sis

Last edited:
ninjahood ninjahood I know you can and will eventually cop but how you gonna enjoy em in the packed city? I know on the west side and FDR you can or if you drive through Jersey here and there.

Dude unless the Saudi's flood the market again, gas is close to its floor.

And still, if people are buying more gas because of less fuel efficient cars, demand will go up, which will drive up prices. Fracking or no fraking

You're hoping for economic wizardry, because you don't know the basics.
Exactly
Why do people on here insist on speaking on stuff they don't know????
Sounding like loudmouth dummies:rofl:  

That's the type of president that was just elected, so it makes sense.

ninjahood ninjahood I know you can and will eventually cop but how you gonna enjoy em in the packed city? I know on the west side and FDR you can or if you drive through Jersey here and there.

since im usually on route working, if i see a nice bit of back alley straight aways, ill save em on my google maps for later, i usually pass em to my homie who's got a WRX & likes to wild out :lol:

If I did get an impala ss I'd throw an ls3 in there. That 260hp stock is too low imo and the LS is lighter.

Last edited:
If I did get an impala ss I'd throw an ls3 in there. That 260hp stock is too low imo and the LS is lighter.

yeah that old LT is dated & its no where as easy to work with than da LS platform...

Fiat Chrysler, GM Soar as Trump May Weaken Fuel Rules
Jamie Butters
MittenHawk
Keith Naughton
KeithNaughton
November 10, 2016 — 1:59 PM EST Updated on November 11, 2016 — 3:20 PM EST
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Transition team leader for EPA is climate-change skeptic
New approach may boost trucks, hurt electrics; Tesla falls
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV gained the most in two years and General Motors Co. the most in a year after President-elect Donald Trump selected a prominent critic of global warming to lead his Environmental Protection Agency transition team. Tesla Motors Inc., which is betting big on alternative energy, declined.
The EPA is scheduled next year to evaluate President Barack Obama’s ambitious fuel-economy regulations that were originally intended to double the efficiency of the nation’s light-vehicle fleet to 54.5 miles per gallon of gasoline by 2025. Myron Ebell, a director at the Washington-based Competitive Enterprise Institute and climate-change skeptic, is leading the agency’s transition to the Trump administration.
“We believe it is unlikely that new fuel-economy rules will be passed or that existing ones will be strengthened,” Adam Jonas, an analyst at Morgan Stanley, said in a report to clients. “Enforcement and preservation of current CAFE standards is unclear.” That could be positive for automakers looking to sell more profitable pickups and sport utility vehicles and negative for makers of hybrids or pure-electric vehicles.

Fiat Chrysler, which sells the highest proportion of light trucks among the biggest automakers, surged 9.7 percent, the most since Oct. 29, 2014, to close at $7.59. GM climbed 5.7 percent, the most since Oct. 21, 2015, to $32.73. Ford finished at $11.94, a 3.1 percent gain, the biggest since April 28.
‘Demote’ the EPA
Trump will “follow the national Republican Party platform on the EPA, which will actually demote it as an agency and have it report to a joint bipartisan committee and essentially take away much of its independence,” said Sean McAlinden, an automotive economist in Ann Arbor, Michigan. “The CAFE rules would be canceled,” he added, referring to the corporate average fuel economy standards.
Even if Trump doesn’t scrap it entirely, his administration may “lessen the stringency” of the four-decade old program, Jack Nerad, an analyst with Kelley Blue Book.
“I would think auto companies would prefer that,” he said. “They would look at that as somebody who would not put another roadblock between them and the consumer.”

Weaker fuel-economy rules may accelerate the shift from cars to pickups, SUVs and vans as well as reduce demand for hybrids or pure-electric vehicles.
American depositary receipts of Toyota Motor Corp., the maker of the Prius hybrid line and top seller of cars in the U.S., fell 0.8 percent to close at $110.86, and those of Nissan Motor Co., which invested heavily in its Leaf electric car and sells the fewest trucks among the top six automakers, dropped 4.9 percent to $18.65. Tesla, the Palo Alto, California-based company that produces only electric vehicles and is buying solar-panel installer SolarCity Corp., declined 2.5 percent for a second straight day to close at $185.35.
Rules Request
Also Thursday, the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers sent an eight-page letter to the Trump transition team with a series of recommendations, including aligning programs run by the EPA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Inconsistent rules threaten to saddle the industry with “potentially billions of dollars in fines,” said the trade group, which represents most of the world’s biggest automakers including GM, Ford, Toyota and Volkswagen AG.
The alliance asked for a presidential panel to review all auto regulations, including fuel-economy rules, as consumers continue to reject efficient cars and electrified vehicles in favor of pickups and SUVs.
“The combination of low gas prices and the existing fuel efficiency gains from the early years of the program is undercutting consumer willingness to buy the vehicles with more expensive alternative powertrains,” the group said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ump-on-prospects-of-weaker-fuel-economy-rules

Last edited:
Damn thread showing me I need a quick 101 on the inner workings of whips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom