Daken Wolverine's Son

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by DubA169

why in the hell would they make an origins 2?
money.jpg

I thought the first one flopped though...
It did well enough.
[table][tr][th=""]Budget[/th] [td]$150 million[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine#cite_note-0[/sup][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Gross revenue[/th] [td]$371,376,142[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine#cite_note-mojo-1[/sup][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

is claws aren't even covered in Adamantium. Also, the placement of the claws are dumb as hell.

From what I understand his top claws now are covered in adamantium and the bottom claw is made from the metal of this sword that can kill wolverine. Apparently back in wolverine samurai days he had a sword that had some kind of connection to his soul and the connection grew the more people he killed with it. If he was to be cut with his own sword hes healing factor cannot heal him due to the spirtual connection he has with the sword. His son got a hold of it and now his bottom claw is covered in that same metal and it has the same effect on wolverine.
Damn
eek.gif
I didn't know that!

[table][tr][th=""]
Budget[/th] [td]$150 million[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Gross revenue[/th] [td]$371,376,142[/td] [/tr][/table]
And you also gotta take into account all the toys, merchandise, and dvd sales that are still flying off the shelves at Targets & Wal-Marts.

I went 2 times to get the Blu-Ray and it was sold out.

That's crazy money in the bank for Marvel. And they was about to go out of business 10 years ago!!!....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn I didn't know they were doing that to War Machine. I gotta cacth up. Wish they had this shh on the internet for free.

That dude with claws on his wrist is a clear copy of my dude from Mortal Kombat
laugh.gif
Barraka(sp?)

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Damn I didn't know they were doing that to War Machine. I gotta catch up. Wish they had this shh on the internet for free.

That dude with claws on his wrist is a clear copy of my dude from Mortal Kombat
laugh.gif
Barraka(sp?)
Catch up with this...

Release date is October 21. Hit up that Barnes & Noble.
27055new_storyimage7689108_full.jpg

War Machine is slowly becoming the next Wolverine.

He was recently made into a cyborg. So the armor is what keeps him alive now. But he can do way more with armor than Tony can do.

He can like hack himself into anything electric or computer related and he can merge with tanks, airplanes, whatever.

smh.gif
@myself I really need to start reading comic books on a consistent basis again

they will butcher the gell out of magneto's origin
How so? His story can still be made a movie without the whole mutant angle. I figure the movie will be plot driven and just add in some action.Magneto's story has never been something that was so amazing.

This is me saying this never seeing Wolverine's origin(Was there any hint or mention of Cyber a.k.a. Silas Burr? I know he came in after a few retcons butstill he's a big part of Logan's unknown past). I mean the worse they can do is make up their own story altogether and just copy some parts from hisactual origin.

Originally Posted by 10eazye

...So what website do I go to read these comics?
Do yourself a favor.

Read the paperbacks or buy the actual comic books.

Digital and online comics are trash and its not the same.

If you dont wanna pay for them thats cool...Go to your local library and request the ones you want.

This is a screen from my library...I typed in wolverine origins and every single Wolverine Origins Paperback (and Hardcover) available from Marvel came up.They can pretty much get anything if you request it.
58245214.png

How so? His story can still be made a movie without the whole mutant angle. I figure the movie will be plot driven and just add in some action. Magneto's story has never been something that was so amazing.

This is me saying this never seeing Wolverine's origin(Was there any hint or mention of Cyber a.k.a. Silas Burr? I know he came in after a few retcons but still he's a big part of Logan's unknown past). I mean the worse they can do is make up their own story altogether and just copy some parts from his actual origin.
to me there were only 3 marvel characters who's stories could be good enough to have "real" movies made out of them. i mean darkknight status, where it was just a good movie as a whole, not a good "comic" movie.

the punisher
wolverine
magneto

they already missed on the first 2. Magneto's story is arguably the best to adapt to screen. You think they are gonna go all out and show the atrocities ofthe holocaust in a marvel movie? The story of how this jewish kid in the concentration camp wants to destroy the entire humanrace, because of injustices done to him can make for a powerful movie. Mageto wants to commit GENOCIDE man, that's a pretty damn serious topic for acomic book movie. Obviously there was hints of all that in the x men movies but it was toned down.

Why was I not notified of this thread's existence?

Pretty sure the topic is dead, but apparently, Wolverine's claws have been part of him since childhood, he just repressed the memory of them until WeaponX. A bunch of retcons, but that story seems to make the most sense IMO.

And I definitely need to get back into comic books. I'm taking a comic book class at school, but there isn't much Marvel stuff; it's more"serious" comics.

How so? His story can still be made a movie without the whole mutant angle. I figure the movie will be plot driven and just add in some action. Magneto's story has never been something that was so amazing.

This is me saying this never seeing Wolverine's origin(Was there any hint or mention of Cyber a.k.a. Silas Burr? I know he came in after a few retcons but still he's a big part of Logan's unknown past). I mean the worse they can do is make up their own story altogether and just copy some parts from his actual origin.
to me there were only 3 marvel characters who's stories could be good enough to have "real" movies made out of them. i mean dark knight status, where it was just a good movie as a whole, not a good "comic" movie.

the punisher
wolverine
magneto

they already missed on the first 2. Magneto's story is arguably the best to adapt to screen. You think they are gonna go all out and show the atrocities of the holocaust in a marvel movie? The story of how this jewish kid in the concentration camp wants to destroy the entire human race, because of injustices done to him can make for a powerful movie. Mageto wants to commit GENOCIDE man, that's a pretty damn serious topic for a comic book movie. Obviously there was hints of all that in the x men movies but it was toned down.

I think Magneto's origin movie will be slaughtered as well. The only way they won't slaughter it is if they don't change anything and keep itstraight from the comics and not add any ridiculous new dynamics to the story. Funny thing, I had just found my copy of Magneto #0 from the 90's in thiscabinet like 2 weeks ago and it had a great story of Magneto's childhood.

As for cyber being in a Wolverine movie, Marvel should definitely look at either him or Silver Samurai or even both for the next movie. It would be dope ifthe next origins movie shows Logan training in Japan and having the Maramusa blade made for him and then in the 2nd half of the movie they show his days inMadripoor. Cyber is supposedly the only guy that Wolverine was ever scared of, so that would be dope for Marvel to do that and jump off the Sabertooth wagonfor now.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Why was I not notified of this thread's existence?

Pretty sure the topic is dead, but apparently, Wolverine's claws have been part of him since childhood, he just repressed the memory of them until Weapon X. A bunch of retcons, but that story seems to make the most sense IMO.

And I definitely need to get back into comic books. I'm taking a comic book class at school, but there isn't much Marvel stuff; it's more "serious" comics.
Like newspaper political comics?

That's still a pretty good foot in the door.

This guy used to draw little stuff like that for newspapers, coupons, and ads and ended up writing one of the greatest comic book stories ever made.

You will not feel the same about life after you read this...
maus1.jpg

For anybody that wants to know a little bit about the crap these poor people went through in the Holocaust, its a must read. Theres 2 books to it. Above isPart 1.

to me there were only 3 marvel characters who's stories could be good enough to have "real" movies made out of them. i mean dark knight status, where it was just a good movie as a whole, not a good "comic" movie.

the punisher
wolverine
magneto

they already missed on the first 2. Magneto's story is arguably the best to adapt to screen. You think they are gonna go all out and show the atrocities of the holocaust in a marvel movie? The story of how this jewish kid in the concentration camp wants to destroy the entire human race, because of injustices done to him can make for a powerful movie. Mageto wants to commit GENOCIDE man, that's a pretty damn serious topic for a comic book movie. Obviously there was hints of all that in the x men movies but it was toned down.
I agree. They won't go that in depth since it'll completely take away from it being like a regular Marvel comic movie. Hollywood alreadykinda failed with the Watchmen and Magneto's story is basically the origins of a super villain on par with Hitler himself.

Thing is there's two ways to approach it, light and not completely true to the story but still not getting to Disney or typical action with it or a dark%$% flick with no skipping of anything important. I see what you're saying though.

CIDMAN911 wrote:Like newspaper political comics?

maus1.jpg

For anybody that wants to know a little bit about the crap these poor people went through in the Holocaust, its a must read. Theres 2 books to it. Above is Part 1.

We're reading that in a few weeks. Right now we're looking at the symbolism in Watchmen and then Sin City.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by 10eazye

...So what website do I go to read these comics?
Do yourself a favor.

Read the paperbacks or buy the actual comic books.

Digital and online comics are trash and its not the same.

If you dont wanna pay for them thats cool...Go to your local library and request the ones you want.

This is a screen from my library...I typed in wolverine origins and every single Wolverine Origins Paperback (and Hardcover) available from Marvel came up. They can pretty much get anything if you request it.
58245214.png

Thanks for enlightening me but I would much rather read them online...even if I have to pay.

Uptempo kid wrote:
Due to recons we will never know the true story...

but yea the sword was used to slay Sabretooth

WolverineVsSabretooth.jpg

Daken is his son

For more on Marvel... Head to the Marvel Thread or to
The Marvel Database
or Marvel.com

I love full pictures like this. Is there a site dedicated to full splash pages from comics?

upnorth wrote:
The story was probably retconned with claws being one of his original powers, because it doesn't really make sense any other way. From the way I understand the Adamantium coating process, it isn't possible to coat something with the metal that wasn't there (i.e. put random pieces of metal into his body). Also from a physiological (and extremely nerdy) viewpoint, the muscles required to "unsheathe" the claws wouldn't be there if the metal was simply implanted. The metal would just stay in his forearm with no way to come out.
Yep. I pretty much know Wolvie's history and all but since this makes the most sense to me, this is what I accept as his "true"origin. Similar to what Dathbgboy already mentioned about Spiderman. Web cartridges FTL.
laugh.gif

After Spidey 1 came out, even Stan Lee was like "wow, we should have thought of that" (having the webs shoot from his wrists as opposed to webcartridges).

So yeah, to me Spidey biologically being able to shoot webs makes the most sense.... And Wolvie already having bone claws makes the most sense.

CIDMAN911 wrote:
And as for Daken....
yawn8hm.jpg

He gotta be one of the most boring Marvel characters that Marvel decides to stuff down our throats on a constant basis.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Agreed. I hate the Daken character and wish they would kill him off.

I definitely need to get back into comics though.

And what's the link to the Marvel thread? I don't think I've ever seen it on here.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

CIDMAN911 wrote:Like newspaper political comics?

maus1.jpg

For anybody that wants to know a little bit about the crap these poor people went through in the Holocaust, its a must read. Theres 2 books to it. Above is Part 1.
We're reading that in a few weeks. Right now we're looking at the symbolism in Watchmen and then Sin City.

eek.gif

I'm sorry... but I'm gonna need more clarification.

What college is this? What curriculum has this course? What's your major?

1. I need to get back into comics, Bruce Wayne dead, Wolverines story dragging, Black Panter and Storm dragging, and not much interesting out kept me away.Both companies have a yearly crisis or major event that changes the universes in a major way.

2. Wolverines character has evolved because of his popularity especially from the cartoons. Folks where sleeping on him for a long time but I knew my stuff. Hewent from a bezerker character who like the animal Wolverine would fight anyone or anything. As time went on Wolverine became a skilled assassin and probablythe most skilled fighter in the Marvel Universe. He's an expert with many arts and weapon training. They kind of OD'd on his abilities but that is whatpopularity can do for a character. Like Batman also.

3. Wolverine Origins was screwed up because they tried too much, a lot of stupid parts, changing too much, made characters too powerful and the choreographyfor Wolverines fighting wasn't good but better than the X-men movies. I think is Marvel studios takes part 2 it could be epic. Jackman does Wolverine wellwith looks, acting but fighting and his height doesn't do the character justice. They must make him because a martial artist knowing he weaponry and usinghis claws with better technique. Use the Japan story and make it very deep. I would love to see Christopher Nolan take the Wolverine series.

4. Dakan sucks and I think what I have read in Orgins when he came around, was boring and a waste. I see the whole brainwashing of him because Wolverinedidn't raise him but dude has no conscience and is mad reckless.

Marvel needs to fix their movies because IMO they have only had 3 worthy films. Spidey 1, the new Hulk, and Iron Man.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Marvel needs to fix their movies because IMO they have only had 3 worthy films. Spidey 1, the new Hulk, and Iron Man.

You forget Marvel don't own the movie rights to X-Men including Wolvie. Fox does. I pray that Disney buys all the licenses back. Please let there be somekind of God.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by jbone2308

You forget Marvel don't own the movie rights to X-Men including Wolvie. Fox does. I pray that Disney buys all the licenses back. Please let there be some kind of God.
There is a God but he had to handle first things first, Batman.
pimp.gif

LOL yea and I thank him for that now my prays goes to Marvel getting every movie license back!

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

LOL yea and I thank him for that now my prays goes to Marvel getting every movie license back!

So Fox has all the licenses? Even for the new Hulk and Iron Man? If so how did they pull off making them actually good?

Back
Top Bottom