Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Plenty of time to build around them... Luka ain't leaving off his rookie deal.

yeah but still front office coulda been saavy and made some good moves

let's just hope for the best rest of the week

They're just going to have to maintain flexibility cap-wise and try to grab some high-reward secondary pieces on the back-end to acquire assets for a trade.

At this point, that's going to be how they're going to get their guys. I don't have a whole lot of doubt they can keep guys once they're here.

Frankly, all the secondary deals we were looking at (Beverly, Dragic, etc.) just didn't move the needle for me. They won't make the playoffs this year, but they just need to fill out the roster enough to hopefully be playing competitive basketball late in the year.

welp that's a positive spin on it

Oubre
delon wright
boogie
danny green
curry

^^ names I wouldn't mind

welp that's a positive spin on it

Oubre
delon wright
boogie
danny green
curry

^^ names I wouldn't mind

I don’t think delon shoots it well enough to play alongside Luka.

Oubre would be cool. WCS if you’re feeling froggy. Either way, let’s play this thing out

Delon Wright would be interesting... Shooting percentages dropped off hard last year, though.

If Kris Dunn's a throw away deal for Chicago, does he offer enough as an off-the-ball guy offensively that he fits with Luka? Probably not, but if it's a one-year flier I might would consider it.

Out on Boogie. KP needs to be the center in your lineup.

Still think Oubre might have a bigger market financially than I'd want to invest in... But he'd be interesting if the market dips and he ends up being a guy you get on a shorter term.

Danny Green's probably going to just end up wherever Kawhi is...

re: The Dragic deal...

The Mavs should not be in the business of helping facilitate trades for everyone else without getting some sort of long-term equity in return.

The W's had to attach an unprotected pick to a smaller contract and, frankly, a comparable player at this point in their careers. Derrick Jones Jr and Kelly Olynyk ain't it.

Longer than I probably would've expected him to get, but the money seems right.

Front office seem like they have no idea

The dragic initial news was disappointing because it meant they struck out on others but he’s an expiring and would have fit for at least the year and would have 10-12 mill left

Then comes the news it’s not dragic. Why in the world would they want olynik when they already have 3 other bigs? Just ignorant. It’s probably better it fell through

Now it’s difficult to see how even getting Danny green will be a needle mover. I liked Danny during the year but after he won another ring I question how motivated he’d be on a rebuilding team

Nothing they were going to do this offseason was likely to move the needle.

Impossible to lure FAs when all four New York and LA teams have flexibility to add 2 stars.

The Kemba thing would’ve been awesome - but Boston’s probably closer to competing. Kemba would’ve at least guaranteed a chance to play meaningful games late in the year and probably puts us in the playoffs if KP is right.

Nothing that was realistically going to happen this offseason was going to really move the needle on this core yet.

The mind boggling thing to me about the Heat deal was we literally weren’t demanding any draft collateral in exchange for facilitating that deal. It’s painfully stupid. In a offseason where Golden State has to give up picks to both Memphis and Brooklyn to get rid of KD and take back DLo.

Back
Top Bottom