Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
this is a man that left 50 mill on the table and you think he’s doing it to gain something?

he doesn’t give a **** what you or Twitter think, he did it to express himself
The man spent 90 mins defending himself against folks calling him transphobic.

He CLEARLY gives a damn what people think/say about him.

He’s a ****ing comedian

not a politician

he’s not here to please anybody

that’s the whole ****ing point of the special 😂
Him attempting to explain how he has A trans-friend was a clear attempt to please a certain demographic in an effort to slow down the heat they have been sending his way.

But we can agree to disagree on the topic.

He doesn't HAVE to shut up but nothing good comes from discussing it.

Nothing.

Horrible PR Awareness.

Ain’t no such thing as PR awareness anymore. That ended when your country elected DONALD TRUMP as president. There’s no credibility left in this country:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave needs to watch his words amongst a nation of people who supported Trump as president???? I beg to differ:lol: :lol:

Not one American has the grounds to criticize Dave Chappelle. This whole country failed it’s pee test a looooooong while ago :lol:

Rich White gay man kills two gay black men, sex traffics gay black men, injects gay black men with drugs against their will - for decades.

LGBTQ community:

Untitled-12.jpg

Dave Chappelle tells jokes -

LGBTQ community:

3.jpg

"In our country, you can shoot and kill a n*****, but you better not hurt a gay person’s feelings!” - Dave Chappelle

You:

"im not getting it.."

But dude got canceled from society…

and I don’t personally know a lot of people from that community, it could have been a big thing amongst them for all I know

Black death is normalized, subsidized and politicized when convenient.

If this special came out summer of 2020 reaction would have been completely different. But the nation has moved on from that moment of pretending to care about black issues.

That's the point though. He's just going to jail. No public outcry from the LGBT community about harm done to gay black males.

Only smoke for harm done to black trans women because it points back to the aggressor being a black male most times.

Do gay black men occupy the lowest rung of the LGBTQ hierarchy?

Im not going pretend like I’m some expert on that community…

for them, the story could have been a big thing.. I wouldn’t really know

unfortunately, look at school shootings.. because those happen all the damn time now they really only remain a big story for a day or two.. people have seemingly already moved on from that shooting in Texas on Wednesday

But dude got canceled from society…

and I don’t personally know a lot of people from that community, it could have been a big thing amongst them for all I know

"just based on a quick google search, he was convicted on 9 charges inclusive of the deaths of 2 people.."

Checking to see if the argument presented has merit:

kermit-typing.gif

Checking to see if the LGBTQ community did anything about it:

i-dont-know-im-not-sure.gif

21cf4a_830a45b8c4d04c5b9ffc674c905000f9_mv2_d_1676_1300_s_2.jpg

"Gay people are minorities until they need to be white again" - Dave Chappelle

except this is what dave is "challenging", these made up rules about punching down on groups youre not a part of

black male comedians make jokes about black women all the time, this would probably classify as "punching down" but somehow its socially acceptable, wheres the progressive outrage? black women are sexually abused, harrassed, and murdered too
Black men make jokes about black women, yes! But they rarely, if ever make jokes about pregnant black women. When they do, it's never in a way that would infer that they know what it means to experience pregnancy, and it's never in a way that would downplay that experience.
Furthermore, a lot of Black people (men and women) faced some serious backlash from other Black women when they applauded the release of Bill Cosby.

Again, nobody is saying that you can't joke about LGBT people. It's just that there are boundaries that have been established by that group (just like every other group out there establishes its own boundaries they expect others to respect), and Chappelle and his fans are mad that he's being reminded he isn't special enough to cross those boundaries with impunity.

Ain’t no such thing as PR awareness anymore. That ended when your country elected DONALD TRUMP as president. There’s no credibility left in this country:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly.

Donald Trump said the Haitian refugees all have AIDs. Send them away (which is what Biden did). Meanwhile we went to a country, ruined and destabilized it in support of war on terror. On the way out, the least we could do is allow their people to come here as refugees. How humane… But not humane to help the people who you sent an assignation squad to kill their president (allegedly) and have just recently suffered a devastating natural disaster?

Well. The LGBTQ will be happy. He won’t punch down on them anymore. He’s taking a break from stand up. And you can’t cancel someone who doesn’t care. Now owns his Chapelle Show. And just completed a massive deal with Netflix. Dave will be fine. The black community. Nah.

But no outrage there.

"just based on a quick google search, he was convicted on 9 charges inclusive of the deaths of 2 people.."

kermit-typing.gif

Now check to see if this entire little tangent of yours is a whataboutism

kermit-typing.gif

I can specifically look up Ed buck and see what happened and if he was convicted

I don’t exactly keep up with with the thoughts of that community

but this came up in google

Black men make jokes about black women, yes! But they rarely, if ever make jokes about pregnant black women. When they do, it's never in a way that would infer that they know what it means to experience pregnancy, and it's never in a way that would downplay that experience.
Furthermore, a lot of Black people (men and women) faced some serious backlash from other Black women when they applauded the release of Bill Cosby.

Again, nobody is saying that you can't joke about LGBT people. It's just that there are boundaries that have been established by that group (just like every other group out there establishes its own boundaries they expect others to respect), and Chappelle and his fans are mad that he's being reminded he isn't special enough to cross those boundaries with impunity.

who established those boundaries? it wouldnt happen to be a certain group of people that are currently using another group of people as props would it?

as opposed to the people being used as props?

Trump shouldn’t be used as an excuse

trump is proof of the deplorable people are willing to support and/or ignore

it’s unfortunate that he made it that far, but he shouldn’t be a standard for anything

It is amazing to see how much "Dave had a trans friend" has been mentioned in his defense as if it's not a totally useless justification
I don't see that being used as a justification for anything since the stance defending Dave is that he has not done or said anything wrong in this recent standup special or any of the previous 5.

Where exactly are you seeing these amazing Dave has a trans friend posts? :nerd:

So what jokes can he make about their community? And again, comedians cross those boundaries ALL THE TIME and it’s never an issue if it’s another group…but of course if it’s the LGBTQ community all hell breaks loose.

I’d also like to know what was crossing a boundary? The sex change stuff? So a comedian can talk about pipe size when referring to Blacks, whites, and Asians and it’s all good. But the moment he brings up a trans reproductive organ (as a result of a surgery they choose to have) then it’s an issue.

The double standards are laughable

Trump shouldn’t be used as an excuse

trump is proof of the deplorable people are willing to support and/or ignore

it’s unfortunate that he made it that far, but he shouldn’t be a standard for anything

He is the standard though :lol: This country is full of narcissistic deplorables who are raising up the future citizens. It’s the point of no return.

He is the standard though :lol: This country is full of narcissistic deplorables who are raising up the future citizens. It’s the point of no return.

if he’s the standard, the world is F’d

Mistakes are made all the damn time.. but gotta hope for more/better

Back
Top Bottom