Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I think Dave has some guilt in the suicide, and he wants either to consciously or subconsciously the trans community, cancel culture and social media to have some guilt or at least some awareness of what what they did and continue to do.

There was some anger in his words, like I gave money, what did you do? That was cringe worthy.

It's easy to say that if Dave doesn't say certain things, she doesn't have to defend him and is still alive, but there's a flip side and obviously there's some bigger issues she was dealing with.

But instead of having some introspection and provoking thought, everyone got on the defense and attack and are having a different conversation.

Maybe Dave is genuinely upset that he lost a friend he cared about unlike a bunch of people who shamed someone they didnt give a **** about with their moral superiority

Its Dave that "doesnt care" about trans people

I mean I can't really think of a situation at work where it would be appropriate to talk about it. Somethings I just leave out of the workplace.

EDIT: Unless you work at Netflix.
Its water cooler talk at work just like on Mondays ppl at work talk about GoT or Insecure or Succession.

Granted that type of social commentary is dying out.

These victims were killed by acquaintances, partners or strangers, some of whom have been arrested and charged, while others have yet to be identified. Some of these cases involve clear anti-transgender bias. In others, the victim’s transgender status may have put them at risk in other ways, such as forcing them into unemployment, poverty, homelessness and/or survival sex work.

While the details of these cases differ, it is clear that fatal violence disproportionately affects transgender women of color -- particularly Black transgender women -- and that the intersections of racism, sexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and unchecked access to guns conspire to deprive them of employment, housing, healthcare and other necessities.

HRC Foundation’s “Dismantling a Culture of Violence” report demonstrates how anti-transgender stigma, denial of opportunity and increased risk factors compound to create a culture of violence -- and provides clear ways that each of us can directly make an impact to make our society a safer place for transgender and gender non-conforming people.

As is too often the case in the reporting of anti-transgender violence, many of these victims are misgendered in local police statements and media reports, which can delay our awareness of deadly incidents. In the pursuit of greater accuracy and respect for transgender and gender non-conforming people in both life and death, HRC offers guidelines for journalists and others who report on these communities.

HRC has been tracking reports of fatal anti-transgender violence for the past several years. Previous reports can be found: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015.

Maybe Dave is genuinely upset that he lost a friend he cared about unlike a bunch of people who shamed someone they didnt give a **** about with their moral superiority

Its Dave that "doesnt care" about trans people

That's true, but if you look at their side it looks a lot like I can't be transphobic I had a trans friend.

and you're going after all of them for the actions of a few.

That's true, but if you look at their side it looks a lot like I can't be transphobic I had a trans friend.

and you're going after all of them for the actions of a few.

I don't think dave is trying to say he isn't transphobic or at least making transphobic jokes with comments like his "beyond" jokes, he's hinting at the hypocrisy of those outraged

"your words hurt people"

Just Daves words though right? Not the shamers

As for "a few", I think you're vastly underestimating the "with us or against us" crowd, we got some here

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.28.31 AM.png

Lol at people on Twitter using white "suffrage" to try and meme on Chappelle

Anyone trying to associate Chappelle with some black face comedian really lost the plot

Last edited:
Lol at people on Twitter using white "suffrage" to try and meme on Chappelle

Anyone trying to associate Chappelle with some black face comedian really lost the plot

or it could just be as simple as a conversation about comedy in general and creative/funny people finding other ways to be creative/funny

the world didn’t end then and it won’t end now

racist people have found many other ways to do racist shhh other than throwing around the N word

or it could just be as simple as a conversation about comedy in general and creative/funny people finding other ways to be creative/funny

racist people have found many other ways to do racist shhh other than throwing around the N word

Interesting

You don't think it's about Chappelle, the most controversial comedian on the planet right now for saying some things he "shouldn't say"?

Interesting

You don't think it's about Chappelle, the most controversial comedian on the planet right now for saying some things he "shouldn't say"?

i think conversations that need to be had can be started for any number of reasons

but many conversations in here have been about comedy in general or issues or the rights of people

to go back to that tweet that I posted I am extremely glad that people have to consider their careers before they decide if they want to don black face.. as I am glad that most people are well aware using certain words means they will have to deal with consequences

What I see is some Twitter poster that is probably white trying to say that some black comedian is as bad as some racist white comedian for refusing to drop certain material

I'm sure this is all about the LGBT people of color though and not white progressives

What I see is some Twitter poster that is probably white trying to say that some black comedian is as bad as some racist white comedian for refusing to drop certain material

I'm sure this is all about the LGBT people of color though and not white progressives

or we can all agree that it’s all bad instead of trying to think of what is worse

as a black person, do you think I care if the racism my Chinese girlfriend is now facing is worse than what my parents and grandparents faced or what I’ve faced?

no i don’t care about what is worse.. I just see stupid people being empowered by people in power and now I have to concern myself even more about my surroundings and for her and her families safety

Sorry but I'm not going to conflate something that isn't racism with racism

when Dave specifically makes fun of white women who have been assaulted and white poor people and white families that claim their children were molested and white jussie riders and gay white people calling the cops

it's ALLL bad, but we're not just drawing the line on this one topic are we?

Last edited:
As I’m not part of the lgpqt community, I ain’t going tell them where to draw the line

all I can speak to is the known shh that we as a society just use to let slide with regard to that community and others

as an adult that ain’t a straight white male, if someone tells me something is offensive to them and their community I accept it, apologize and move on and try to be better

Chappelle's jokes aren't anything like comedians using blackface.

Chappelle isn't doing some go to trans joke shtick.

The clear difference does matter. Pretending they are the same is ridiculous and why some are quick to dismiss the entire notion of jokes being harmful or leading to violence.

Back
Top Bottom