David Fincher: House of Cards( BEWARE OF SPOILERS) (series) starring Kevin Spacey

PETER RUSSO MY DUDE I HATE IT HAD TO BE HIM

Word, I felt bad for him because Frank had manipulated him to the fullest. He exploited the fact that he was a broken man, I didn't think he was weak enough to fall into the same trap though. Killing him was wild but Frank didn't want the risk of having a loose end, Russo would've probably put him on blast.

Finally finished..

Definitely sucks for Russo. Just a puppet in the bigger scheme. Everything Francis did was so calculated and thought upon, that even when things didn't go his way he maneuvered it in his direction in the best of ways. Spacey really steals the show because it's pretty much all about him and his quest for the presidency but the supporting actors are all clutch in their roles and hit every note. Glad to see the chick from Entourage found another role, I liked seeing her even though they really dressed her down. Kate Mara's pretty damn cute, I never thought so before but she's definitely a big reason I watch the show.. I don't think she's a great actress or anything but she plays the journalist role really well. Something about Robin Wright makes me want to jump her bones :lol: -she's great as the non caring but supportive wife who still doesn't know what she really wants as far as her martial status goes (though she did choose Francis so I guess she figured it out.) I love all the scenes where she's involved.

And last but not least, Doug effin' Stamper -- I've seen this dude in many things before but never really stood out to me. The character is just so well done. The quiet loyal assassin. Really gives comparisons to Mike from Breaking Bad except he does everything with his words and actions rather than all with a gun and muscle. Really my favorite character along with Francis... their chemistry is pretty nice to watch. Can't wait for S2.

Dana Gordon from Entourage. Always appreciated.

Great show. I'm not into politics at all so i really have to put down my phone and close my laptop amd really focus on the show so i dont lose track. Its awesome. Spacey :pimp:

11 Things I Learned from LACMA's Conversation With David Fincher About 'House of Cards'

5. The pilot script was actually broken down into the first two chapters (or episodes).

“If you just watched the first hour, it ends in a weird place. It ends in an alley with a guy eating ribs at seven o’clock in the morning. So I’ve always seen (episodes) one and two as companions, dovetailing the other. I don’t think of it as a cliffhanger. That [word] makes me feel a little dirty.”

This is exactly what I meant before.

I told anyone who said they watched the first episode and weren't really feeling it, to just watch the 2nd one, because the ending of that was the real hook for the show.

only 2 pages?

I found this show just browsing Netflix and had to marathon the whole season

Show is pure piff :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Frank Mutha ******g Underwood :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Can somebody help me right quick? Chapter 10...what the **** happened? Did Frank set Gross up with that chick? Wasn't that the hooker they been paying to keep quite? Im so confused lmao

*spoilers*
Can somebody help me right quick? Chapter 10...what the **** happened? Did Frank set Gross up with that chick? Wasn't that the hooker they been paying to keep quite? Im so confused lmao
Yup.

He didn't remember her, cuz dude was all liquored up when he met her the first time.
Stamper needed a ho...he knew a ho...he put his ho to work sabotaging dude.

All that just cuz Frank felt disrespected. :smh:

Last edited:
*spoilers*
Yup.

He didn't remember her, cuz dude was all liquored up when he met her the first time.

Yeah I was confused about that part too but I feel like they cleared it up by the following episode. Just finished the season today. I liked it. The stuff with Tusk and the president trying to pull a fast one on Underwood in the final few episodes was good stuff. Russo was mad weak, I had a feeling he wouldn't last, when Underwood gave him the razor in the bath tub I thought that would be it. Zoe, Janine, Slugline boss, Christina and even Claire would all get smashed

Gave it a shot and watched the whole season...I don't find this show interesting at all :x I don't care about political shows/movies but I heard this one was different.

Last edited:
*spoilers*
Yup.

Gotcha. Thanks. Frank :pimp: I do think the writers went a bit far with that whole situation but it makes for great tv.

Can't wait for season 2 man. Gonn be great to see what happens with the journalists vs Frank and stamper basically

I said to my professor, ‘Why mourn the death of presidents, or anyone for that matter? The dead can’t hear us.’ Then he asked me if I believed in Heaven, and I said no. And then he asked if I had no faith in God, I said ‘You have it wrong. It’s God who has no faith in us.

The show is good, but it has issues.

All the characters are extremely one-dimensional; beyond chasing whatever it is they're after, they do nothing else. There's no greater conspiracy that throws wrinkles into their plans and forces them to make tough decisions. Every move leads to an acceptable conclusion by all parties, which is kind of boring.

The guy who played Russo sucked, I thought. Was never really impressed by his acting and the way that the show describes him as a handsome guy who's a potential rising star in his party never seemed to strike me as true the way he was played.

The writing was okay, sometimes Francis' rants were a little ridiculous, too obvious and repeated the same idea of him being ruthless and cunning. The message wore out quickly and I ended up hoping that whatever he said would at least be interesting, rather than expecting it to be revealing.

Overall, an okay show, could be better with minor actor changes and stronger writing.

Last edited:
Finished season 1 and definitely hooked. I cringed every time this dude Spacey got all up in her yes I'm hating!!!

Can't wait for season 2! I hope Constance Zimmer returns, she's just been added to season 2 of the Newsroom.

I went the whole season without noticing it until my sister walked in during the last episode and pointed it out.

Back
Top Bottom