DC Cop Admits to pulling his gun out during a snowball fight on 14th & U yesterday...(vid)

Way to powertrip
smh.gif

A plainclothes police detective allegedly pulled his gun out and waved it at a large group of people in a snowball fight at the corner of 14th and U Saturday afternoon.

The incident began when a plain-clothes detective approached the crowd of people throwing snowballs and got into a verbal altercation with members of the crowd, according to police.

A uniformed officer responded to the scene after getting calls about a man with a gun. The uniformed officer pulled out his weapon as he approached the plain-clothes detective. As soon as the detective identified himself the uniformed officer put his gun back in the holster, police said.

In a video posted to YouTube, the police officer identifies himself as "Detective Baylor" and in response to someone saying that he pulled a gun on a snowball fight he says:

"Yes I did because I got hit with snowballs."

According to 3D Commander George Kusik the uniformed officer conducted himself appropriately.

The incident between the detective and the snowball-throwing crowd is under investigation.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...-cops-overreact-to-snowball-fight-14th-and-u/Link

I'll put the vid in my next post....can't find the embed feature anymore...(anyone know the reason behind its disappearance?)

its the HTML button bruh but
tired.gif

whats the point of cops thinking they could do dumb things like this?

Honestly I *may* assert my authority too if I got hit with a snowball in the face.
laugh.gif
No lie. May not pull a gun but I would be mad. Can't be throwingsnowballs at random folks these days. they were probably going hard over there by 14th and U.

If they were throwing snowballs at the cop, I don't see a problem. If he ran up to a snowball fight and pulled out his gun from the get, then he should bepunished.

Don't you think a cop should show more restraint? I gotta think he'll be reprimanded by his superiors for pulling out his gun...

I'm sure he was having a stressful day, and the snowball fight was his breaking point. Still doesn't excuse what he did tho...

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

If they were throwing snowballs at the cop, I don't see a problem. If he ran up to a snowball fight and pulled out his gun from the get, then he should be punished.

How are you gonna know he's a cop if he's in plain clothes?

Why would it be ok for him to pull out a gun even if he was getting hit with snowballs? Just because he's a cop? It should be the exact opposite. Becausehe's a cop he should be able to know when it's justified to pull out his gun (in other words, a life-threatening situation, which in no way in hellthis was).

You're going to pull out a gun because you have no other way to diffuse the situation so instead you do the opposite and heighten tensions by pulling out agun?

A gun - something that has the potential to seriously injure or kill someone. All over you getting hit with a couple of snowballs. Seriously, there'sjustification for that?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Don't you think a cop should show more restraint? I gotta think he'll be reprimanded by his superiors for pulling out his gun...

I'm sure he was having a stressful day, and the snowball fight was his breaking point. Still doesn't excuse what he did tho...
It's easy to say that as an average citizen. I would have to see more footage to elaborate on the scenario in question....

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a haultbecause everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintainorder should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slippedon ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back ora knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done.There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise.With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business andpull as a final result, then what can you say?

i prob would have shot him if i didnt know he was a cop...
In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by raptors29

If they were throwing snowballs at the cop, I don't see a problem. If he ran up to a snowball fight and pulled out his gun from the get, then he should be punished.

How are you gonna know he's a cop if he's in plain clothes?
Doesn't matter. You think it's ok to throw snowballs at random civilians?

Dude that's the rich part of town, no wonder he pulled out his gun. Dont let that bamma fool you, he wouldnt have done that elsewhere

Wow, that cop will be reprimanded. You only pull out your weapon if your life is in danger or if there is an immediate threat to someone.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Willis03

Dude that's the rich part of town, no wonder he pulled out his gun. Dont let that bamma fool you, he wouldnt have done that elsewhere
true, but a mob like that in SE or the NE border, you'd be a fool not to hop out with a gun.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Wow, that cop will be reprimanded. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You only pull out your weapon if your life is in danger[/color] or if there is an immediate threat to someone.
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bro, he got hit by a SNOW BALL!!![/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Spoiler [+][/color]
roll.gif

It's easy to say that as an average citizen. I would have to see more footage to elaborate on the scenario in question....

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a hault because everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintain order should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slipped on ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back or a knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done. There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise. With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business and pull as a final result, then what can you say?

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

I hear everything you are saying, but I still don't get the rationale behind him pulling his gun out. I can understand that maybe he reachedhis boiling point, but in what scenario(s) are police taught to draw their guns? Can you imagine the public outcry if God forbid someone got shot because of araucous snowball fight? On top of it all, he WASN'T in uniform. The people who were in the snowball fight were in the wrong for throwing snow at randompeople (supposedly hitting the cop), and the cop was in the wrong for pulling his gun. If it was that big of a deal, call for backup....in a potentially tensesituation, I would expect more restraint from the police. Maybe he was in the right for pulling the gun, I don't know...but I would expect them to showmore restraint in a situation in which they have been trained to act.

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a hault because everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintain order should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slipped on ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back or a knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done. There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise. With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business and pull as a final result, then what can you say?

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

tell me son is trolling
roll.gif

he could have slipped on ice?
laugh.gif

Got hit with ice?
roll.gif

Can you give me some statistics on snowball related deaths in the last 5 years im interested. this dude can not be serious.

Danger its a snowball. its kids having fun. sure its annoying you might even threaten to beat them up or just move on your way

His course of action if he is really that anal would be to pull out his badge, explain that he's an officer, and the next person to throw a snowball at himis going to jail for assault.

Sure he looks like the grinch but he declared his authoritative role without threatening someones life pulling out a gun.

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

yeah I totally agree...if he was undercover though...well I guess he was undercover...

Back
Top Bottom