DC Cop Admits to pulling his gun out during a snowball fight on 14th & U yesterday...(vid)

Discussion in 'General' started by doublejs07, Dec 20, 2009.

1. doublejs07

doublejs07

Way to powertrip [​IMG]

2. doublejs07

doublejs07

3. GL Rayner

GL Rayner

I heard about this last night. Crazy[​IMG].

4. alandutch

alandutch

its the HTML button bruh but [​IMG]
    whats the point of cops thinking they could do dumb things like this?

5. hugo

hugo

[​IMG] "so i can report your a$#"

6. produccionfrescos

produccionfrescos

Dude pulled out a gun because he got with a snowball? %!*!+%% punk

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. capricorn1229

capricorn1229

Honestly I *may* assert my authority too if I got hit with a snowball in the face. [​IMG] No lie. May not pull a gun but I would be mad. Can't be throwingsnowballs at random folks these days. they were probably going hard over there by 14th and U.

8. trasoul82

trasoul82

If they were throwing snowballs at the cop, I don't see a problem. If he ran up to a snowball fight and pulled out his gun from the get, then he should bepunished.

9. frostythepoptart

frostythepoptart

oh i hate cops.

10. doublejs07

doublejs07

Don't you think a cop should show more restraint? I gotta think he'll be reprimanded by his superiors for pulling out his gun...

I'm sure he was having a stressful day, and the snowball fight was his breaking point. Still doesn't excuse what he did tho...

11. htwn hitman

htwn hitman

i prob would have shot him if i didnt know he was a cop...

12. raptors29

raptors29

How are you gonna know he's a cop if he's in plain clothes?

13. sirius lee handsome

sirius lee handsome Banned

Why would it be ok for him to pull out a gun even if he was getting hit with snowballs? Just because he's a cop? It should be the exact opposite. Becausehe's a cop he should be able to know when it's justified to pull out his gun (in other words, a life-threatening situation, which in no way in hellthis was).

You're going to pull out a gun because you have no other way to diffuse the situation so instead you do the opposite and heighten tensions by pulling out agun?

A gun - something that has the potential to seriously injure or kill someone. All over you getting hit with a couple of snowballs. Seriously, there'sjustification for that?

14. trasoul82

trasoul82

It's easy to say that as an average citizen. I would have to see more footage to elaborate on the scenario in question....

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a haultbecause everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintainorder should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slippedon ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back ora knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done.There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise.With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business andpull as a final result, then what can you say?

15. trasoul82

trasoul82

Doesn't matter. You think it's ok to throw snowballs at random civilians?

16. 410fresh

410fresh Banned

How the cops stole christmas lol

17. willis03

willis03

Dude that's the rich part of town, no wonder he pulled out his gun. Dont let that bamma fool you, he wouldnt have done that elsewhere

18. mez 0ne

mez 0ne

Wow, that cop will be reprimanded. You only pull out your weapon if your life is in danger or if there is an immediate threat to someone. [​IMG]

19. ScroogeMcBuckz

ScroogeMcBuckz formerly aceboogie

true, but a mob like that in SE or the NE border, you'd be a fool not to hop out with a gun.

20. produccionfrescos

produccionfrescos

Bro, he got hit by a SNOW BALL!!!

Spoiler [+]
    [​IMG]

21. 23kidd

23kidd

Wack...

22. doublejs07

doublejs07

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

I hear everything you are saying, but I still don't get the rationale behind him pulling his gun out. I can understand that maybe he reachedhis boiling point, but in what scenario(s) are police taught to draw their guns? Can you imagine the public outcry if God forbid someone got shot because of araucous snowball fight? On top of it all, he WASN'T in uniform. The people who were in the snowball fight were in the wrong for throwing snow at randompeople (supposedly hitting the cop), and the cop was in the wrong for pulling his gun. If it was that big of a deal, call for backup....in a potentially tensesituation, I would expect more restraint from the police. Maybe he was in the right for pulling the gun, I don't know...but I would expect them to showmore restraint in a situation in which they have been trained to act.

23. frostythepoptart

frostythepoptart

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

tell me son is trolling [​IMG]

he could have slipped on ice?[​IMG]

Got hit with ice? [​IMG]

Can you give me some statistics on snowball related deaths in the last 5 years im interested. this dude can not be serious.

Danger its a snowball. its kids having fun. sure its annoying you might even threaten to beat them up or just move on your way

His course of action if he is really that anal would be to pull out his badge, explain that he's an officer, and the next person to throw a snowball at himis going to jail for assault.

Sure he looks like the grinch but he declared his authoritative role without threatening someones life pulling out a gun.

24. spsfinest212

spsfinest212

F*** the police

25. optimusprimeaphia

optimusprimeaphia

In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]

yeah I totally agree...if he was undercover though...well I guess he was undercover...