DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

didnt really think the two is related but the asian chick with a last name basco meant she was dantes niece

didnt really think the two is related but the asian chick with a last name basco meant she was dantes niece

Ella Jay Basco is also related to Dion Basco of City Guys (Saved by the Bell in the inner city) fame.

watching BOP tomorrow matinee imax.... cant wait... so far me and one other person bought tickets lmao... doesnt look popular around my area

I caught Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) earlier tonight and here's my review...

Margot Robbie was great, her performance reminded everyone why she was the one highlight of Suicide Squad.
Ewan McGregor was also great, even though his American accent was iffy at best.
Everyone looked like they having fun during filming.

The action sequences were stellar. You can tell where Chad Stahelski did his work at.

Not all of the humor hit, but I did ended up laughing more than I thought I would.

On the flipside, the plot was so thin and even though the film isn't that long, (1:49) it still felt like they padded it out with too many flashback scenes.

Even with the thin plot, Birds of Prey was so much better than the **** that was Suicide Squad.

I really want that egg sandwich now. :lol:

what a buzzkill... had tickets for 10:45 and the sound don't work... they gave me tickets so I used it for the 11:10 now I gotta wait smh...popcorn not as fresh and drink I brought prally not as cold... I wasn't going to wait for the 11:50 IMAX even though I originally paid for it... all good they gave me another ticket to use another time

Last edited:
what a buzzkill... had tickets for 10:45 and the sound don't work... they gave me tickets so I used it for the 11:10 now I gotta wait smh...popcorn not as fresh and drink I brought prally not as cold... I wasn't going to wait for the 11:50 IMAX even though I originally paid for it... all good they gave me another ticket to use another time
A come up is a come up. Enjoy it.

Doesn’t look like it’s doing too well at the box office which is a shame because it’s good.
I chalk it up to the poor marketing and bad trailers.

also it’s not like Captain marvel which was required viewing for the MCU.

ya I was going to ask for fresh popcorn but I didn't want to push it since they let me go to another showing and gave me a free ticket to use whenever.... I did enjoy the movie though... it was pretty good and id watch it again... didn't seem like it was really about Harley Quinn so much... and from the movies I saw today not a lot of people in either theater...the funny thing is the rythem section I saw last week had more people which was supposed to be the worst box office ever lol

Doesn’t look like it’s doing too well at the box office which is a shame because it’s good.
I chalk it up to the poor marketing and bad trailers.

also it’s not like Captain marvel which was required viewing for the MCU.
From here on out there's no such thing as required viewing for a DC movie. Its really not a shared universe any more. So they won't have that extra draw to their movies.

Now its more like check it out if you like the main character or group.

BoP didnt have the supporting cast to get casuals in there and even though Margot is great not sure she can carry movies by herself like that. Every movie where she's the main character has had some great actors supporting her.

Last edited:
was there ever?
For the ppl that enjoyed those trash movies BvS, SS, WW, and JL were all required viewing cuz it was very interconnected via Batman and Snyder's overall vision.

He was leading that shared universe toward Apokolips and Darkseid.

Back
Top Bottom