DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Outside of after earth what movie of his is a tremendous flop beyond wild Wild West? Focus made 160 mill of a 50 budget, Mib 3 made 600 plus. He had a cameo in winters tale, and concussion was smaller move with only a 30 mill budget. Hell even 7 pound double its budget at that was back in 2008 fresh of I am legend which was major hit right after Hancock. Where does anyone get box office cancer from that?

Y'all should do a little homework before making these comments :lol:

Gotcha.

Studios are looking at the bottom line. Will is huge international, **** he's gonna be here in dubai for suicide squad screening on Saturday and they alreaxy got people camping out to meet him 110 degree weather. He's still a huge box office draw, he ain't adam Sandler or will Ferrell were talking about

i pray he doesnt take part in any superhero movies epseically DC ones but considering his size and fame he will . the rock sucks as an actor , he is just fine for F&F because he fits the concept and the movies has no scenario or any high level acting but please not DC movies as well 

i pray he doesnt take part in any superhero movies epseically DC ones but considering his size and fame he will . the rock sucks as an actor , he is just fine for F&F because he fits the concept and the movies has no scenario or any high level acting but please not DC movies as well 

why would you need an oscar worthy performance in a got damn comic book movie?

its a got damn comic book movie

come on now

Last edited:
Outside of after earth what movie of his is a tremendous flop beyond wild Wild West? Focus made 160 mill of a 50 budget, Mib 3 made 600 plus. He had a cameo in winters tale, and concussion was smaller move with only a 30 mill budget. Hell even 7 pound double its budget at that was back in 2008 fresh of I am legend which was major hit right after Hancock. Where does anyone get box office cancer from that?

Y'all should do a little homework before making these comments :lol:
That's why I post the numbers on the last page. Sure people were just talking and not doing research! Even as bad as "After Earth" was. It still made 245 million and budget was 130. It's not like the movie only made 50 million or so.

Will should have had a prove it deal :lol: His last hit was Hancock or I am Legend
Nah his last MASSIVE hit was MIB3 (2012) did 625 million. Even After Earth (2013) did 245 budget was 130 (seen as a "massive flop" though). Focus (2015) did 152 and budget was 50.
I forgot he might be in Bad Boys 3 . I think they already confirmed MIB is getting a new team with the 21 jump street crossover movie.

Saw Martin's standup in Barclay's a couple months ago and dude said just call it Sad Boys by the time the movie comes out :lol:

In comparison: IMDB also gave BvS a 6.9, which I think some people on here would find ridiculous.

I think 6.9 is fair for the theatrical cut.

I hope for the battle against Apokolips in JL as opposed to this suit we get a variation of the Beyond suit. That would be so lit

JL1 is supposedly going to comprise of a new armor for Bats but something less bulky.

The Tactical Bat Suit

This next one, we don't have an image for, because Michael Wilkinson's designs -- and the suit he'd crafted in the workshop -- were very much in the prototype stage. They aren't shooting with this suit for another two months, which Wilkinson jokes is like two years in costume-development time. But he's referring to it as the Tactical Bat Suit, and it offers "more protection," as he describes, for a human taking on Parademons and other-dimensional baddies like Steppenwolf.

This suit, while different from the Frank Miller-inspired suit in BvS, has a lot more armor than the Classic suit, yet it's layered in such a way that the costume still looks streamlined and sleek. (Again, not nearly as bulky as the suit Bruce wore to fight Superman in the conclusion of Dawn of Justice.) Wilkinson says that, in the final act of Justice League, Wayne realizes he needs to "step up his game," and his tactical suit will allow him to take on powerful forces without losing a step.

While I do not have an image of the suit, I can tell you that the designers had THIS image on their design board, and they were taking inspiration from it:

View media item 2119687
One difference between the Classic and the Tactical suits was the addition of Goggles that we were told that Batman will use to pilot a new vehicle, but Wilkinson stopped short of explaining which vehicle. He tells us:

We loved the way, in the comic books, that Batman's always drawn with these white flashes for eyes. So we played around with ways of doing that, and realized that they would sort of catch the light, to call to mind that classic age from the comic books.

We did learn that Batman will have a Nightcrawler vehicle, as well as a team-transporting Flying Fox, so it's possible that Batman will need the goggles to see where he's going in one of those crafts. But for now, that's all that we know.

Last edited:
[h1]Suicide Squad Tracking For $140 Million Opening Weekend Box Office[/h1]

Just last month, analysts had Suicide Squad  on track to open at the North American box office somewhere in the $115-$125 million range. Even if it were to come in at the low-end of that range, Suicide Squad  would easily surpass the current August opening weekend record of $94.3 million which was set by Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  in 2014.

The Wrap  is now reporting that tracking figures have been climbing with the nationwide release only days away. Suicide Squad  is now expected to open in the $130-$140 million range; however, Warner Bros. is keeping their expectations a bit more conservative, predicting an opening closer to $125 million.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/01/suicide-squad-tracking-for-140-million-opening-weekend-box-offic/

When you spending real big on marketing, things are bound to change 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom