DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Batman is just so cool though. Superman is as vanilla as it gets. He's got basically every power you could ever want and is insanely powerful. It's hard to believe he can lose any fight.

Superman is just so generic. Like a child was asked to create a superhero and was like, "Super... man. I want him to fly, have super strength, super speed, heat vision, ice breath, x-ray vision, invulnerability, etc, etc." I love a lot of DC heroes, but Superman was never one I was big on.

If DC got it right Superman should be more popular than Batman right now.

These days everyone loves the anti-hero; the badass who saves people but his don't give a _ demeanor is the draw.

It's so cliche now since people find that to be the new standard it makes Supes stand out.

If they knew how to curb that like Marvel did with Captain America he would be real cool.

Superman is just so generic. Like a child was asked to create a superhero and was like, "Super... man. I want him to fly, have super strength, super speed, heat vision, ice breath, x-ray vision, invulnerability, etc, etc."

The perennial "I know nothing about Superman but dislike him" argument :lol:

Last edited:

These days everyone loves the anti-hero; the badass who saves people but his don't give a _ demeanor is the draw.

It's so cliche now since people find that to be the new standard it makes Supes stand out.

If they knew how to curb that like Marvel did with Captain America he would be real cool.

I think it's easier in theory than executed. You just can't have him be a big blue boy scout because people hate goody-twos but then the other people who like Supes and knows what he stands for will hate it if you alter that personality a bit.

It's like when StoneCold became a bad*ss face and Bret Hart was the boy scout that got hated on. Similar to the New Day, people hated them when they were trying to be a face with their gimmick but when it's a goody-two-sees gimmick as a heel then it works. But you can't apply that to Supes, you just can't make him a heel because most already has a conception of the character and any alteration to that and he will be hated. It's thin line they got to walk with the character.

It's like when StoneCold became a bad*ss face and Bret Hart was the boy scout that got hated on. Similar to the New Day, people hated them when they were trying to be a face with their gimmick but when it's a goody-two-sees gimmick as a heel then it works. But you can't apply that to Supes, you just can't make him a heel because most already has a conception of the character and any alteration to that and he will be hated. It's thin line they got to walk with the character.
@RFX45

I see you using wrasslin' analogies, but never see you in the NTWT topic, fam.

laugh.gif

The perennial "I know nothing about Superman but dislike him" argument :lol:

Educate us. What part about that statement was untrue :lol: Dude sneezed once and destroyed an entire solar system :lol:

View media item 1710504
but but but that was precrisis.

okay lets just look at the post crisis garbage he's done

He was thrown onto earth with enough force to cause a nuclear winter

Absorbed enough solar energy to vaporize a half galaxy

He flies through a red sun (good to know even his own weaknesses do nothing to him)

He can hear noises from the vacuum of space........ 25 lightyears away... and arrived 10 minutes later (SERIOUS lowball estimate).... meaning that he was traveling at over 800 trillion MPH (over a million times the speed of light)

So please tell me where he is mistaken?

Last edited:

@RFX45

I see you using wrasslin' analogies, but never see you in the NTWT topic, fam.

:lol:

View media item 1710510

View media item 1710511

Last edited:
sunshineblotters sunshineblotters Red Sun's don't instantly kill Superman, just like Kryptonite doesn't. That's how it's always been, so that scan from Infinite Crisis of him flying through one holds up fairly well from a consistency standpoint. However it depowers him to an extreme degree, after which the fact that he's literally surrounded by Kryptonite afterwards causes him to pass out, whereupon he would've died had he not been rescued.

Batman is just so cool though.

That he is. And realistically speaking, people are going to be able to identify easier with a human being fighting against homicidal maniacs, who can easily bleed and break bones like they can, over a Man of Steel. Though there are a lot of factors at play (Batman has far more interesting villains for one thing) and you like what you like at the end of the day. Personally I like Nightwing, Green Lantern, and Flash more than either of them.

Last edited:
Educate us. What part about that statement was untrue :lol: Dude sneezed once and destroyed an entire solar system :lol:

View media item 1710504
but but but that was precrisis.

okay lets just look at the post crisis garbage he's done

He was thrown onto earth with enough force to cause a nuclear winter

Absorbed enough solar energy to vaporize a half galaxy

He flies through a red sun (good to know even his own weaknesses do nothing to him)

He can hear noises from the vacuum of space........ 25 lightyears away... and arrived 10 minutes later (SERIOUS lowball estimate).... meaning that he was traveling at over 800 trillion MPH (over a million times the speed of light)

So please tell me where he is mistaken?

Please tell me where I said he was wrong about Superman being powerful

tyTc1Nl.jpg

That he is. And realistically speaking, people are going to be able to identify easier with a human being fighting against homicidal maniacs, who can easily bleed and break bones like they can, over a Man of Steel. Though there are a lot of factors at play (Batman has far more interesting villains for one thing) and you like what you like at the end of the day. Personally I like Nightwing, Green Lantern, and Flash more than either of them.
I think people relate to tragedy / flawed characters more.

I think it's easier in theory than executed. You just can't have him be a big blue boy scout because people hate goody-twos but then the other people who like Supes and knows what he stands for will hate it if you alter that personality a bit.

Yeah I feel it.

I guess my frustration for Supes direction comes from Man of Steel.

That movie had the potential to be one of the best super hero movies ever but they messed it up

I believe of that movie was done correctly then the discussion of Supes being lame or not wouldn't happen.

Before Batman begins most hated him...

I think people relate to tragedy / flawed characters more.

Bingo. Location, villains, personal issues, supporting cast, problems he's confronted with, Batman's just all around more interesting to read about as far as i'm concerned. That being said, there are some truly great Superman stories as well. There is zero doubt about that. And Superman the Animated Series in the 90's was funny and enjoyable to watch (Probably my favorite version of that character in fact, Also had my man Darkseid :smokin )

okay fine
So then he knows enough about superman to dislike him

Like dude said, the "I have any superpower you could want" trash is boring

Nope :lol:

Because there are at least dozens of other superheroes with as varied or even more varied a power set as Superman (certainly many who are more god like period), and yet nobody complains :lol:

Batman can be argued to be just as dull and overpowered as Superman. Dudes acting like "rich" or "gadgets" isn't a superpower and let the "his parents were murdered" narrative overshadow just how ridiculous he can be.

And it all gets handwaved as "rich".

A billionaire CEO who is a master of every science, martial art, and police practice, with several undiagnosed and severe mental disorders, is somehow more relatable than a guy who was raised in Kansas who works for a newspaper and just wants to do the right thing :lol: ok

In Arkham Knight dude literally instantly created a holographic computer recreation of a car crash, a person being ejected from the seat, a person crawling out of a car, being shot at, and leaving a hidden item for him to find. With no actual explanation.

Dude analyzed security camera footage, found specific frames where a guy's hand touched a surface, and then used his magical Batsuit to scan those surfaces and have his glove create a perfect recreation of that hand/fingerprints in order to get past security doors.

Dude is a billionaire who funds a one man war on crime in the city he lives in using the gigantic megacorporation he's in total control of, and is literally the only person in Gotham capable of doing such a thing, but nobody suspects him.

We can go on all day like this for Batman, and really any other superhero. It's the story that matters.

Last edited:
Nope :lol:

Because there are at least dozens of other superheroes with as varied or even more varied a power set as Superman (certainly many who are more god like period), and yet nobody complains :lol:

Batman can be argued to be just as dull and overpowered as Superman. Dudes acting like "rich" or "gadgets" isn't a superpower and let the "his parents were murdered" narrative overshadow just how ridiculous he can be.

And it all gets handwaved as "rich".

A billionaire CEO who is a master of every science, martial art, and police practice, with several undiagnosed and severe mental disorders, is somehow more relatable than a guy who was raised in Kansas who works for a newspaper and just wants to do the right thing :lol: ok

In Arkham Knight dude literally instantly created a holographic computer recreation of a car crash, a person being ejected from the seat, a person crawling out of a car, being shot at, and leaving a hidden item for him to find. With no actual explanation.

Dude analyzed security camera footage, found specific frames where a guy's hand touched a surface, and then used his magical Batsuit to scan those surfaces and have his glove create a perfect recreation of that hand/fingerprints in order to get past security doors.

Dude is a billionaire who funds a one man war on crime in the city he lives in using the gigantic megacorporation he's in total control of, and is literally the only person in Gotham capable of doing such a thing, but nobody suspects him.

We can go on all day like this for Batman, and really any other superhero. It's the story that matters.

They arent as popular for anyone to be complaining. Shazam will get the same complaints when his movie comes out. Right now no one gives a damb about the rest of them.

All of that is literally more relatable than surviving a punch through a red sun (which is like taking 10 trillion nukes to the face rapidfire). Try again?

Last edited:
:lol:

To be fair I think he might have meant people hated the Schumacher films version.

^

:lol: of course I did.

If you're talking about just the comic book fan base then yeah people loved bats. The general public (at least people I grew up around) thought batman was buns.

Don't discredit me . I'm just telling you what people felt, at least around my area : lol.

Back
Top Bottom