DC Universe is Free

I haven't started yet, I browsed through the create a player for a while but I can't decide between evil or hero.
This and the NT Secret Santa Qair should keep me busy this weekend
laugh.gif

I dl'd it, did a pretty close creation of gladiator kallark and after getting my first item realized that color schemes and costumes are next to useless. Still had fun though.

Originally Posted by newbuck

I dl'd it, did a pretty close creation of gladiator kallark and after getting my first item realized that color schemes and costumes are next to useless. Still had fun though.
What do you mean next to useless? There are costume pieces and gear pieces. What DC did that is good is that you can equip an item for it's benefits but it doesn't have to appear in your avatar so you still get to choose how your character looks. Colors can be edited whenever you want outside of power colors, which are predetermined. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

What do you mean next to useless? There are costume pieces and gear pieces. What DC did that is good is that you can equip an item for it's benefits but it doesn't have to appear in your avatar so you still get to choose how your character looks. Colors can be edited whenever you want outside of power colors, which are predetermined. 

Your gear will change the look of your original character correct? Is there a way to make the gear invisible but still retain the benefits? I don't know because i'm new, but if there is no such way, then yes..your original color scheme and costume is useless. That is my point.

Your gear will change the look of your original character correct? Is there a way to make the gear invisible but still retain the benefits? I don't know because i'm new, but if there is no such way, then yes..your original color scheme and costume is useless. That is my point.

New gear can change the looks if you want. If you press "I" in game, that will bring you to the gears you have equipped. Each has a "style" name and everytime you get an item, just use it and it'll save that style. Which brings you to the tab next to it, the style options. You can choose and pick which style you want to look like and lock it so that every time you equip a new item, it only retains the gears power and doesn't change the look. 
I guess to give a more simple answer, yes you can equip the gear and not actually have it show up in your avatar. You can make it invisible and still retain it's stats. So your original look isn't irrelevant at all, you can keep it. But chances are, your characters look will change anyways because not all the costume options/styles are available on the get go, you acquire new ones as you play that you will most likely like better than the ones available in the beginning. And I am not just talking about the T1, T2 gears either. Plus as I said, you can change your color scheme anytime you want, it would still be based on 2 primary colors but you can change those 3 primary colors too so in the end you still have full customization power and make your character look as you please.

New gear can change the looks if you want. If you press "I" in game, that will bring you to the gears you have equipped. Each has a "style" name and everytime you get an item, just use it and it'll save that style. Which brings you to the tab next to it, the style options. You can choose and pick which style you want to look like and lock it so that every time you equip a new item, it only retains the gears power and doesn't change the look. 
I guess to give a more simple answer, yes you can equip the gear and not actually have it show up in your avatar. You can make it invisible and still retain it's stats. So your original look isn't irrelevant at all, you can keep it. But chances are, your characters look will change anyways because not all the costume options/styles are available on the get go, you acquire new ones as you play that you will most likely like better than the ones available in the beginning. And I am not just talking about the T1, T2 gears either. Plus as I said, you can change your color scheme anytime you want, it would still be based on 2 primary colors but you can change those 3 primary colors too so in the end you still have full customization power and make your character look as you please.

Show up in my avatar? I'm talking about in game. Can you wear gear and make it invisible while still getting the benefits, in game?

Yah, in-game. By avatar I mean the character you are using in-game or I guess it's called as a "toon". But yes, you can wear the gear for the stats and you can make it so it doesn't show up.

Yah, in-game. By avatar I mean the character you are using in-game or I guess it's called as a "toon". But yes, you can wear the gear for the stats and you can make it so it doesn't show up.

Good to know, thanks.

The main thing I HATE is when an enemy spawns, and everybody rushes to it and kills it before I could even get to it...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The main thing I HATE is when an enemy spawns, and everybody rushes to it and kills it before I could even get to it...
mad.gif
Yeah being F2P and it actually being the first day, new players will have to fight over those enemies to finish their objective. Don't worry though, you level up so fast in the game that you'll be at end game by the end of the week. 

im download'n right now.
i guess my tag is the same as my sn here.
and im lookin to clan up w/ who ever but im thinkin of goin villian.
oh yea i got a hp g62 should that be able the handle some action?

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Worth the dl on PS3?

Not putting this crap on my mbp

Too cool

But its pretty fun. I got to level 5 and beat the scarecrow before the servers went down. I'm DELTRON3030 and my mentor is Joker
pimp.gif

Yessss^ but I don't have a legendary membership. Who here is a villain and pays $20 a month? We can make an unofficial team

Well if anyone is need of help, just let me know or if you run into me just say hello. Hero name is Darkness Infernal.

is there some other way to dL the installer? like a torrent DL? that 15gb is too much..

Back
Top Bottom