Dead Island vol. you copping?

Didn't see a thread about this. Comes out tomorrow, anyone copping? Looks like an improved L4D.

help w/ embed?

i thought it kind of looked like that zombie game where you're stuck in the mall

Originally Posted by do work son

i thought it kind of looked like that zombie game where you're stuck in the mall

dead rising?

negative, dead rising is a third person game. i believe this one is first person.

might cop if my friend gets his pc before BF3 comes out to run coop

Is this that game with that awesome trailer? ... I think it was a guy being chased by his wife/daughter, then he ends up getting thrown out of the hotel window.

Supposed to be a mix between Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, & Fallout 3. It's been on my radar for a good minute. And just to give NT the heads up, I'd pick it up from one of these locations:

Buy Dead Island from Best Buy and get a free DVD or Blu-Ray of Zombieland. (Link)

Buy Dead Island from K-Mart and get a $20 gift card. (Link)

Buy Dead Island from Toys R Us and get a $15 gift card. *only on release date* (Link)

Buy Dead Island from Target along with:

Resistance 3
Driver: SF
Madden 2012
COD: BO
NCAA 2012

and get a $20 gift card (no link for crappy deal)

***all deals should be good in-store or online***

Enjoy fam
pimp.gif

Most of the game does not take place on the island FYI. Stuff gets pretty repetitive after the 2 hours. Not worth $50-$60 IMO.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Most of the game does not take place on the island FYI. Stuff gets pretty repetitive after the 2 hours. Not worth $50-$60 IMO.
Have not played yet but I know this is false (where did you hear that from?
nerd.gif
). I've read a couple of reviews from critics that already played the game. According to them, it takes place on Banoi island. Yeah, the locales change and from I've read it's pretty diverse, but the main goal of the game is to escape the island.

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Dead Island is a first-person action RPG, set on the island of Banoi, a zombie-infested tourist paradise in Papua, New Guinea. The game will feature an open world for the player to explore, picking up missions and quests from other survivors on the island, with an emphasis on melee combat.

The player takes the role of one of four characters at the Royal Palms Resort on the island of Banoi in Papua New Guinea. When the zombie outbreak hits, the player is immune to virus for some reason, and embarks on a mission to escape the zombie-infested island. Along the way, the player meets other survivors and attempts to help them, as well as discover clues as to how the outbreak started

You've played? anymore pros cons?

trailer made me walk to the store to cop.... I saw the trailer months ago.... now that I watched the extensive reviews I am going to pass

it's Madden season man
smile.gif

all i needed to hear...

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Have not played yet but I know this is false (where did you hear that from?
nerd.gif
). I've read a couple of reviews from critics that already played the game. According to them, it takes place on Banoi island. Yeah, the locales change and from I've read it's pretty diverse, but the main goal of the game is to escape the island.
Yeah, I wrote that post quick and mistyped. Most of the game does not take place on the RESORT. Had the whole thing taken place in the resort/island setting it would have been great. You do the traditional crap of starting the first 1/5 of the game (which is good) in the resort area and then move on to the cliche' sewer level and then some slums with a bunch of stupid gang members who have you do random fetch quests, then on to the standard zombie game buildings and area's until you yeah attempt to escape the island. IMO you'll love the first 2 hours and hate the next 8.

It's about a 7/10. Controls are wonky, driving physics are terrible, AI is super buggy, animations don't work, quest lines sometimes don't finish, gfx are sub par after getting away from the resort. I enjoyed L4D and it's pretty weak sequel way more than this. I MIGHT cop for $20 but that would be a stretch, rent this one for sure.

EDIT:

Found out they're patching the hell outta it for release, I played through a release candidate version so maybe it will be a bit better with an extra layer of polish. I also never played co-op mode so that could be an extra positive... or negative.

List of fixes:

Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.
Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op game.
Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
Fixed potential path blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heaven’s door

This game is meant to be a multiplayer game. Taking it seriously as a single player game is 
grin.gif

I already played it and beat it already few days ago. Its just another xbox game to me nothing special.

Trailer looked amazing, but I dont think it will live up to the hype.....pass

Back
Top Bottom