Dead Malls aka When malls were poppin'...

Sbarro always been good to me. Closest thing to a NY slice you could get in the suburbs of CA in the 90s.

The saddest are the malls that still get decent business but look like they're stuck in the 80's.

Always some wack *** stores like Things Remembered, Zumiez, and an Orange Julius. When you go in the morning you hear some random instrumental music and the sound of a water fountain. And all the employees look mentally checked out.

Sharpstown Mall in Houston is a damn flea market now.

West Oaks Mall is hanging on by a thread

The Galleria is still poppin

Memorial City is my go to Mall because it's closer and has the stores I frequent

Katy Mills is an outlet Mall....it's ok. I live right in front of it, and still go to MC/Gallo more [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Only malls I frequent are First Colony and Memorial City. I maybe shop at the Galleria like once every 6 months. Just can't deal with that area and parking :smh: I live like 10 min away from West Oaks and I still don't go there for anything. That mall was poppin a long time ago, now it's just dead.

They've transformed Memorial City a lot these last couple years. Nice mall

Sharpstown Mall in Houston is a damn flea market now.

West Oaks Mall is hanging on by a thread

The Galleria is still poppin

Memorial City is my go to Mall because it's closer and has the stores I frequent

Katy Mills is an outlet Mall....it's ok. I live right in front of it, and still go to MC/Gallo more [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I feel like the Galleria will never go dry :lol: :lol: I don't even consider that a mall really. Sharpstown has always been :rolleyes to me even in it's heyday. Almeda Mall used to be my spot, now i just go there cause that's where the only Champs I know of is, and for Great American Cookies. Malls in general just seem to be a thing of the past as the years go by. Some of the different business that open up in there just don't last long.

Side note: McCain(?) Mall in Little Rock sucks

McCain Mall is a piece of crap :lol:

University Mall in LR was awful too before they finally tore it down at one point all it had was a JC Penny and Sears :rofl:

I don't see malls dying in California ever. Even in San Francisco Westfield shopping center is like a hub lmao

Vallco Mall in SJ/Cupertino is dead as hell. This is right around the Apple's new HQ. Only reason I could think why it might have gone down is because Westfield Valley Fair and Santana Row are about 5-10 minutes away.

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case for long. I'm working less than a quarter mile away from Vallco at the Apple spaceship. New housing is going up in the area, they just rebuilt the block of land between Tantau and wolf, so many rich techies are going to be moving in. There were two measures in the election this time around regarding Vallco, both failed so it seems as if Vallco will stay a ghost town for a while.

I like the convenience and endlessness of online shopping but i still prefer going out there.

By a lot.

Outdoor malls stay destroying old indoor malls

Both are trash

So you must shop online exclusively than

Basically

Outdoor malls are meh

Michigan has one good mall and that's somerset because it's a higher end mall but even that place is boring

The rest are ghetto as hell, surprised any of them are still open if you want my honest opinion

Love the idea of the thread, and I love looking at abandoned malls.

That said, I live in Chicago and rarely drive. I go to a mall maybe once or twice a year. But, like many have said, those memories of macking girls, Auntie Annie's, copping the latest J's at FL. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom